SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Merchandise

burronation

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Huge lines at the bookstore still! People every where are pumped to get some merchandise with the awesome new logo!

46 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I got pictures it's comparable to the student entrance when they open the doors for the gopher games

Pics or it didn't happen.

7 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

They had a whopping 30 people waiting outside when the doors opened. Peter Johnson said it was because 9 am is too early for most people. ;)

How many people did you expect to be waiting outside for a store to open so they could buy merchandise that is going to be available for several years? Especially on a beautiful Saturday morning in Grand Forks.

2 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

How many people did you expect to be waiting outside for a store to open so they could buy merchandise that is going to be available for several years? Especially on a beautiful Saturday morning in Grand Forks.

especialy when one of those peoples is peter johnson with all of his yelling "fighting hawks" and whatnot...

19 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

With how much they advertised this event, you would think there would have been more. I can guarantee, although this will never happen, if the Sioux name came back for good, you could have this event on a Wednesday morning at 7 am in January, there would be a hundred or more. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

With how much they advertised this event, you would think there would have been more. I can guarantee, although this will never happen, if the Sioux name came back for good, you could have this event on a Wednesday morning at 7 am in January, there would be a hundred or more. 

I love those facts you just touted.  When the Dacotah legacy collection was released, there was nobody outside waiting to get in.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, northernraider said:

I  did find it ironic the Sioux Shop had a paid Facebook ad promoting the Legacy Collection this morning. Obviously they didn't get the memo or don't care. 

They also had an actual post saying to stop in and check out the new items they had, including Fighting Hawks merchandise. Glancing at their website, looks like they don't have a very large selection at this point, but they do have some things.

8 minutes ago, southpaw said:

I love those facts you just touted.  When the Dacotah legacy collection was released, there was nobody outside waiting to get in.  

I don't believe they had an event like this though. Having athletes signing autographs, games for kids, and giveaways. 

Sidenote- Was Erich Longie there to get his hands on this beautiful new logo?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

I don't believe they had an event like this though. Having athletes signing autographs, games for kids, and giveaways. 

Sidenote- Was Erich Longie there to get his hands on this beautiful new logo?

You still haven't listed anything that would draw a huge crowd BEFORE the store opened. They gave away something like 500 hockey pucks. First, that means quite a few people showed up. But it also means that you didn't have to get there early to get one. Are you going to take some little kids and make them wait in line to play some kids games? The hockey trophy has been all over the region. This was an event to get some PR and bring a larger than normal group of customers out on a Saturday. I can guarantee that the UND bookstore doesn't normally have 500 customers on a middle of August Saturday.

10 minutes ago, 82SiouxGuy said:

You still haven't listed anything that would draw a huge crowd BEFORE the store opened. They gave away something like 500 hockey pucks. First, that means quite a few people showed up. But it also means that you didn't have to get there early to get one. Are you going to take some little kids and make them wait in line to play some kids games? The hockey trophy has been all over the region. This was an event to get some PR and bring a larger than normal group of customers out on a Saturday. I can guarantee that the UND bookstore doesn't normally have 500 customers on a middle of August Saturday.

I'm mainly saying that if you had an event like this with the Sioux logo, or at least a nice looking Fighting Hawks logo, there would have been more people. I didn't take my kids there because they think logo is ugly. They are 10 and 8, and they told me this before I even stated my thoughts about the new logo. I was optimistic about the logo reveal, and it was just a letdown.