SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Merchandise

burronation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw this in the Grand Cities Mall - South Forks Plaza on Halloween evening.  Building permit in the window said Stengl Graphics.    Not sure if it's open yet or not, didn't appear to be ready on Oct. 31.    Their version of the Hawks logo.

story from July, 2016

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4066038-noncommissioned-fighting-hawks-logo-designer-print-shop-planning-roll-out-merchandise   

Resized_20161106_101635.jpeg

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:23 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

Not sure what the end game is here for the guys who came up for this design.  Do they think people are going to buy this alternate "Fighting Hawk" merchandise so they can protest the name and logo?  People can already wear there Sioux merchandise if they want to do that!

2 minutes ago, imasiouxfan said:

I'd also like to know what the purpose of these are... or like a company mission statement.

Don't get me wrong, it's a nice enough looking logo I'm kinda with Siouxperfan7 in wondering what the end game is.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I was at the Fargo Scheels store looking at the Fighting Hawks stuff, and noticed more and more with the new logo including little lego sets with a zamboni, and what looks like a press conference stage with a head coach. I did buy a Fighting Hawks football shirt with the logo on the helmet. Not too much of a UND section considering its in the middle of Bison territory.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2016 at 8:46 AM, Sioux_FF said:

Saw this in the Grand Cities Mall - South Forks Plaza on Halloween evening.  Building permit in the window said Stengl Graphics.    Not sure if it's open yet or not, didn't appear to be ready on Oct. 31.    Their version of the Hawks logo.

story from July, 2016

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4066038-noncommissioned-fighting-hawks-logo-designer-print-shop-planning-roll-out-merchandise   

Resized_20161106_101635.jpeg

pointless.

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Didn't I read on here that the ND logo was also going away? Weird if that is true, especially since I received this email today that says, "new game day arrivals"!

Screenshot_20170223-154623.png

UND...continuing to muck-up the "brand" and the "identity" by having 7,500 logos and wordmarks.  Just pick one!  

4 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

Didn't I read on here that the ND logo was also going away? Weird if that is true, especially since I received this email today that says, "new game day arrivals"!

The "clinging to hope" demographic has money to spend.  Interlocking ND is technically still in use, at least until the ice melts. 

On 1/24/2017 at 1:33 PM, bincitysioux said:

So, seeing as how North Dakota was the Big Sky football champions this year, is there anywhere that there is any apparel available indicating as such.  I'd like a Big Sky Champions hat or something.

Scheels did for a short period of time I believe

2 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

I heard it was going away at the end of the school year so that's not for another few months. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017. 2. 24. at 9:33 AM, darell1976 said:

I heard it was going away at the end of the school year so that's not for another few months. 

They might be holding off on that since the new logo is winning any popularity contests amongst the hockey fans. At the end of the day, they need to sell stuff that people will by and given a choice a lot of people will still buy the interlocking ND logo over the postal hawk logo. So yea my guess is that for now, they might be holding off on retiring the ND logo that Notre Dame appropriated from us.

8 minutes ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

They might be holding off on that since the new logo is winning any popularity contests amongst the hockey fans. At the end of the day, they need to sell stuff that people will by and given a choice a lot of people will still buy the interlocking ND logo over the postal hawk logo. So yea my guess is that for now, they might be holding off on retiring the ND logo that Notre Dame appropriated from us.

plus does the Sioux Shop have a licensing agreement for a specific timeframe on that logo? Or they may be able to make it under their agreement as a historical logo anyway? 

4 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

plus does the Sioux Shop have a licensing agreement for a specific timeframe on that logo? Or they may be able to make it under their agreement as a historical logo anyway? 

I would assume that using old logo's is the fairly simple thing; companies do it all the time. Look at everything from the NHL's vintage collections to Moutain Dew throwback. Even the Sioux Logo will continue to be made in limited number to maintain the trademark since the old interlocking ND logo doesn't have a political shitstorm attached to its usage I would bet that they will continue to use it so long as people buy it.

11 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

The logo is really taking off (no pun intended) among all UND sports fans. Football, and basketball is really making a huge stride in marketing the logo. Hockey is lacking obviously, but with more and more of the logo appearing in the REA (ice, jerseys, merchandise) it will become more popular among the hockey only fans. Why would they keep the interlocking ND logo just to please the hockey fans? They didn't keep the Sioux logo to please them, and they were the most vocal to keep the name and logo at ALL costs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, ArchyAlum11 said:

I would assume that using old logo's is the fairly simple thing; companies do it all the time. Look at everything from the NHL's vintage collections to Moutain Dew throwback. Even the Sioux Logo will continue to be made in limited number to maintain the trademark since the old interlocking ND logo doesn't have a political shitstorm attached to its usage I would bet that they will continue to use it so long as people buy it.

Ever hear of the school from South Bend?

• Downvote 1