SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Merchandise

burronation

3 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

I'm mainly saying that if you had an event like this with the Sioux logo, or at least a nice looking Fighting Hawks logo, there would have been more people. I didn't take my kids there because they think logo is ugly. They are 10 and 8, and they told me this before I even stated my thoughts about the new logo. I was optimistic about the logo reveal, and it was just a letdown. 

Whoa. Let me get this straight. If UND decided to be the Fighting Sioux again and held an event like this, the crowd would be bigger? You don't say. That's some groundbreaking news right there. 

So far, we have seen people all over the map on opinions on some of the fan-created logos. There is no concensus, so what exactly is a "nice looking Fighting Hawks logo"? Nice to a couple of kids?

I think the current logo is nice looking and apparently so do others. 

Feel free to create a logo that everyone feels is nice looking. When that happens, I expect a huge crowd! 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

I'm mainly saying that if you had an event like this with the Sioux logo, or at least a nice looking Fighting Hawks logo, there would have been more people. I didn't take my kids there because they think logo is ugly. They are 10 and 8, and they told me this before I even stated my thoughts about the new logo. I was optimistic about the logo reveal, and it was just a letdown. 

Everyone's opinion of the logo is subjective. Of course some people, like young children, may be reflecting the opinion of their parents. As others have noted, not everyone liked the Brien logo when it was introduced. An event bringing back the old logo would definitely bring in a larger response, but it isn't happening. Hundreds of people must have shown up if they gave away 500 pucks plus other things. This was a minor event on a Saturday morning in August, before school has started. There is no way that a huge crowd was going to line up before the store opened.

3 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Whoa. Let me get this straight. If UND decided to be the Fighting Sioux again and held an event like this, the crowd would be bigger? You don't say. That's some groundbreaking news right there. 

So far, we have seen people all over the map on opinions on some of the fan-created logos. There is no concensus, so what exactly is a "nice looking Fighting Hawks logo"? Nice to a couple of kids?

I think the current logo is nice looking and apparently so do others. 

Feel free to create a logo that everyone feels is nice looking. When that happens, I expect a huge crowd! 

Well, some people on here don't think the event would have been bigger. I liked all of the logos I have seen on here. The one the kid from und made, I realize it looks too much like the Sioux logo, heaven forbid a bird have feathers. The one in the picture. Mr. Brien's fighting hawk sketch. Even fetch's green angry bird is better. Like I said, I was optimistic.

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, KoolGuy2K said:

Well, some people on here don't think the event would have been bigger. I liked all of the logos I have seen on here. The one the kid from und made, I realize it looks too much like the Sioux logo, heaven forbid a bird have feathers. The one in the picture. Mr. Brien's fighting hawk sketch. Even fetch's green angry bird is better. Like I said, I was optimistic.

image.jpeg

HEY, that bird has Native American looking feathers, how dare he. Someone should tell him he has to grow bird looking feathers or he's gonna offend someone..........stupid bird!!

A logo that actually looks like a sports logo and not a business logo. Man why didn't they pick this one, it would've been so much cooler!

• Upvote 2

I went to Scheels here in Bismarck today. I did almost buy a shirt that had a football helmet with the new logo on it, but went with a abstract vertical football with the old interlocking logo. It was a tough decision though. Nothing else really looked good IMO, though the Fighting Hawks hats were pretty good.

37 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I wasn't there. But this was sent to me by someone who was. 

image.jpeg

The original logo had a black shadow under the chin hiding some of the D.

The logo above idk what to say about it....now there's just some odd gap between the D and the Hawk.

• Upvote 1

On 8/5/2016 at 3:05 PM, dagies said:
On 8/5/2016 at 2:47 PM, dagies said:

4 minutes ago, Cratter said:

The logo above idk what to say about it....now there's just some odd gap between the D and the Hawk.

Still looks like NO to me....and that's my answer as far as buying this new merchandise.

34 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Totally agree on that!  Can't unsee it!

15 hours ago, Emerald joker said:

HEY, that bird has Native American looking feathers, how dare he. Someone should tell him he has to grow bird looking feathers or he's gonna offend someone..........stupid bird!!

A logo that actually looks like a sports logo and not a business logo. Man why didn't they pick this one, it would've been so much cooler!

The logo in your quote was one of the best done by anyone. But the problem with it isn't the feathers, those are nice and on a bird, it's the stupid circle. The only purpose that serves is to tie it to the Sioux logo head dress and it's not necessary. As to that logo the UND student did; that thing was pure trash from the beginning and I have no idea how it gained so much support. It a bird with feathers then he just dropped a head dress on it. And it looks like it just came off of a bender. 

This "boring" logo is what we have and I think it looks really good in some applications and kinda dumb in others. Guess what, it's not perfect and neither was the sioux logo.

• Upvote 1

On 8/13/2016 at 6:06 PM, 82SiouxGuy said:

Everyone's opinion of the logo is subjective. Of course some people, like young children, may be reflecting the opinion of their parents. As others have noted, not everyone liked the Brien logo when it was introduced. An event bringing back the old logo would definitely bring in a larger response, but it isn't happening. Hundreds of people must have shown up if they gave away 500 pucks plus other things. This was a minor event on a Saturday morning in August, before school has started. There is no way that a huge crowd was going to line up before the store opened.

I am sure there will be some big merchandising event at UND games to get the bird circulated among fans. Wait until the Potato Bowl on Sept 17 and the Fighting Hawk booths will be everywhere at the Alerus both inside and outside. I will be getting some Hawks gear to go along with the Fighting Sioux gear I have had since the 80's. No matter the name I will always support the University of North Dakota.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I'm not sure if it was Ed's idea or SME's, but that "Large" sticker really makes the shirt.  Well done. 

I take it you don't shop for your own clothes so you haven't seen that type of sticker before. ;)

9 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

This "boring" logo is what we have and I think it looks really good in some applications and kinda dumb in others. Guess what, it's not perfect and neither was the sioux logo.

Some folks haranguing this new logo are missing the obvious: They get their wish, namely, the hockey jerseys will stay with the 2015-16 look as this really doesn't work on a jersey front. It's a nice, simple, logo that is at its best as a secondary logo. It's fine on a FB helmet; it'll be a solid hockey helmet sticker or shoulder patch. And it'll be find on basketball shorts. Coaches' polos will be very sharp and it'll make a fine lapel pin.

As much as some claim to like some of the other logos mentioned, I am willing to bet that if the hockey team hit the ice this year with any new logo on the jersey front it would receive far less than a warm reception. With this logo the hockey jersey front is a non-issue this year (and probably for a few more). 

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Some folks haranguing this new logo are missing the obvious: They get their wish, namely, the hockey jerseys will stay with the 2015-16 look as this really doesn't work on a jersey front. It's a nice, simple, logo that is at its best as a secondary logo. It's fine on a FB helmet; it'll be a solid hockey helmet sticker or shoulder patch. And it'll be find on basketball shorts. Coaches' polos will be very sharp and it'll make a fine lapel pin.

As much as some claim to like some of the other logos mentioned, I am willing to bet that if the hockey team hit the ice this year with any new logo on the jersey front it would receive far less than a warm reception. With this logo the hockey jersey front is a non-issue this year (and probably for a few more). 

If they repeat, nobody will care what logo is on the jersey. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I take it you don't shop for your own clothes so you haven't seen that type of sticker before. ;)

Don't you like that all important "border" around the word Large?   It's clean, crisp, and the letters are actually legible.  Nobody will have to squint, or ever question our size.  Large and in charge.   Easily worth 50 grand.  Excellent, excellent work.    

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Count me amongst the group of fans who would love a change to the hockey jerseys - namely getting rid of the "armpit stains" on all three sets.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Count me amongst the group of fans who would love a change to the hockey jerseys - namely getting rid of the "armpit stains" on all three sets.

Look at the overwhelming majority of jerseys in college hockey.  They mostly have just the name of the school on them.  UND was a rarity havin their logo front and center on the chest of the jerseys.  While I like the logo, I don't think that it will be on the chest of the hockey jersey, nor should it.  Put it on the shoulder to replace the interlocking ND and use the new script to develop a new jersey. (And yes, please get rid of the armpit stains!!:))