Here comes the Merchandise

burronation

20 hours ago, Fetch said:

I'm a enigma 

21 hours ago, Fetch said:

I like UND 

I LOVED Fighting Sioux Hockey bought lots of stuff

UND Hockey was OK but never bought ND or UND only stuff

Fighting Hawk Hockey I love but not as much as Fighting Sioux & don't plan on buying F H stuff

For me it was never about the University 1st & I bet most Season Tickets holders are not UND Graduates

It has always been about good Hockey &  (closest thing ND will ever have to pro sports) & now Fantastic facility 

20 hours ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I don't follow this at all. Do we have a translator in the forum that could assist?

Get gfhockey on the phone.  I think he speaks Fetch.  

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Does anyone else want to puke at the response of so many people nowadays, with their political comparison!

Its like judging a person's entire character by their political views! Man alive! It's hard to believe, I know, but some people don't share your views!

Was just gonna post something similar to this. Everything turns political and personal quick, even if the subject has no connection to politics whatsoever.

On 8/5/2016 at 4:02 PM, bigskyvikes said:

I would take the bet against you. I would say there is more people there that DIDN'T go to UND. 

They're just locals and or hockey fans....

....or just plain old entertainment fans! Not much to do in GF when it's cold outside. It's easy to get addicted to Sioux hockey!

But we'd be talking season ticket holders specifically, so they would have had to shell out quite a bit more money to make up for not having the 10 bonus points for being a UND alum in the Champion Club points system.

3 hours ago, ericpnelson said:

But we'd be talking season ticket holders specifically, so they would have had to shell out quite a bit more money to make up for not having the 10 bonus points for being a UND alum in the Champion Club points system.

Ok....so you're saying that season ticket holders mostly are alumni because you have to pay more for tickets if your not?

In the area I sit there are two UND employees, one UND graduate, and the rest are just like me, fans of hockey/entertainment/Sioux hockey specifically. I've been next to these people for 10+ years. Not sure about the discount part,  my invoice has never had an up charge for not being an alumnus?

The champions club perks that I know of get you higher on the list to buy tickets for regionals, etc.... Not any "discounts" but I could be wrong.

3 hours ago, bigskyvikes said:

Ok....so you're saying that season ticket holders mostly are alumni because you have to pay more for tickets if your not?

In the area I sit there are two UND employees, one UND graduate, and the rest are just like me, fans of hockey/entertainment/Sioux hockey specifically. I've been next to these people for 10+ years. Not sure about the discount part,  my invoice has never had an up charge for not being an alumnus?

The champions club perks that I know of get you higher on the list to buy tickets for regionals, etc.... Not any "discounts" but I could be wrong.

No, it's not a discount, and I'm saying I would be genuinely curious as to the breakdown of season ticket holders. 

Back to the point you made, it's the priority points thing to be able to purchase tickets at all. From the Champions Club website, you get 10 priority points for being an alum. Which basically gives you a few hundred dollars jump start to someone without a degree.

You're misinterpreting priority points. 

The Champions Club Priority Points system is how we allocate benefits in a systematic, orderly and equitable way. Priority points help us prioritize requests for season ticket allocations, away game ticket requests, postseason tickets and other benefits. The system rewards you based on your loyalty and financial support of UND Athletics.

I don't get a break on season ticket prices based on my Priority Points rank. The ticket price is the ticket price and it's the same for everyone. (Champions Club levels pay different amounts.) 

However, based on priority points I do get further up in line if I want to move my season ticket seats or if there are limited seats to an away game. For example, if you want to fly the UND charter to a Frozen Four, you say you'd like to get on their plane and then they fill it based on priority points rank. 

16 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

No, it's not a discount, and I'm saying I would be genuinely curious as to the breakdown of season ticket holders. 

Back to the point you made, it's the priority points thing to be able to purchase tickets at all. From the Champions Club website, you get 10 priority points for being an alum. Which basically gives you a few hundred dollars jump start to someone without a degree.

10 priority points=$167

Just now, UND-1 said:

Big time under the radar place to get UND & Fighting Hawks gear = Grand Forks Walmart.  One row jam packed with football shirts I have never seen anywhere else, for example.  Most of them were under $10, too.  

I'm holding out until the official rollout on August 13. 

10 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

You're misinterpreting priority points. 

I don't get a break on season ticket prices based on my Priority Points rank. The ticket price is the ticket price and it's the same for everyone. (Champions Club levels pay different amounts.) 

However, based on priority points I do get further up in line if I want to move my season ticket seats or if there are limited seats to an away game. For example, if you want to fly the UND charter to a Frozen Four, you say you'd like to get on their plane and then they fill it based on priority points rank. 

This is how I understood it to work. Speaking of the charter, I'm on that also, I went when they couldn't fill it and the years after I got priority, even over higher champion club points then me. Worked great the last two years, they had to turn people away because it was full!

24 minutes ago, ericpnelson said:

All I can tell you is I believe a lot of the season ticket holders are not alumni. Most people in that building got ticket priority over alumni when the REA was new because they were season ticket holders the last year of the old REA. Really doesn't matter, I just said to whoever wanted to bet your side of the story, or maybe it was you? I would take that bet judging from my experiences at the old and new REA.

Either way it is a blast in there and I can't wait to get back and sit by all my buddies I made over the years in section 314 to watch some great hockey!

• Upvote 1

I am happy the new gear is out.  I remember being assured a year ago that we absolutely needed to have a nickname, as millions, yes- I remember being told on this very site millions, of more dollars in merchandise sales from this new "branding" would start rolling in.   

Can we start scaling back donations yet or do we need to give it a month or so? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

I am happy the new gear is out.  I remember being assured a year ago that we absolutely needed to have a nickname, as millions, yes- I remember being told on this very site millions, of more dollars in merchandise sales from this new "branding" would start rolling in.   

Can we start scaling back donations yet or do we need to give it a month or so? 

Start scaling back on Saturday.

Full page ad in the Fargo Forum today touting doors open at 9 am tomorrow to the UND Bookstore. Can someone in GF please post a picture here of the hundreds of people clammering in line in front of the bookstore prior to 9 am tomorrow anxiously waiting to get their hand on that awesome F-n Hawks gear?

19 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Full page ad in the Fargo Forum today touting doors open at 9 am tomorrow to the UND Bookstore. Can someone in GF please post a picture here of the hundreds of people clammering in line in front of the bookstore prior to 9 am tomorrow anxiously waiting to get their hand on that awesome F-n Hawks gear?

Why would they be waiting in line for a free all day event?