SiouxSports.com Forum

Here comes the Merchandise

burronation

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

Why would they be waiting in line for a free all day event?

Remember the lines when they announced that the nickname was gone? 

North DakotaHockey hadn't seen lines that long since the Great Depression!

A t-shirt, sweatshirt, jacket, or hat reading "UND HAWKEY" = corny or cheesy, take your pick.

11 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

A t-shirt, sweatshirt, jacket, or hat reading "UND HAWKEY" = corny or cheesy, take your pick.

Anybody who wants Sioux gear simply has to go down to Scheel's in GF.  There is an entire rack of "Sioux" stuff.  Not exactly flying out the door.  

19 minutes ago, UND-1 said:

Anybody who wants Sioux gear simply has to go down to Scheel's in GF.  There is an entire rack of "Sioux" stuff.  Not exactly flying out the door.  

Well............all things being relative the UND or Sioux stuff at the GF Scheels is and has been selling better than anything with F-n Hawks on it at this point.

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Do you think............that the merchandise with the new logo on it that comes out tomorrow will actually change that?

Yes.  Because less and less of the ND logo is going to be made.  

What is your angle with constantly updating everyone with how poorly the merchandise is selling, even though it hasn't even been released yet...what's your point?

• Upvote 1

Just now, UND-1 said:

Yes.  Because less and less of the ND logo is going to be made.  

What is your angle is constantly updating everyone with how mad the merchandise is selling, even though it hasn't even been released yet?  What's your point?

My angle is the that merchandise with just "Fighting Hawks" on it since the nickname was adopted has nowhere near sold at the rate at many here have predicted. My point is I don't think slapping the new logo on merchandise will change that.  Just my opinion.  I hope you don't think for a second that there will be a cut back in production of merchandise that has just "University of North Dakota" Or UND it in an attempt to push the new logo stuff.  The people who actually sell all this stuff aren't stupid.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

My angle is the that merchandise with just "Fighting Hawks" on it since the nickname was adopted has nowhere near sold at the rate at many here have predicted. My point is I don't think slapping the new logo on merchandise will change that.  Just my opinion.  I hope you don't think for a second that there will be a cut back in production of merchandise that has just "University of North Dakota" Or UND it in an attempt to push the new logo stuff.  The people who actually sell all this stuff aren't stupid.

Who were these people that said putting "Fighting Hawks" on a T-shirt was going to make up for the gap in the lost revenue from Sioux gear?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I don't think anyone was making predictions of how much "merchandise without the new logo" would sell.  I have bought 1 shirt with "Fighting HAwks" on it and that was a National Championship shirt. When the merchandise comes out with the logo, it will sell.  Sorry if that ruins your doom and gloom predictions of the new logo not being popular.  If you don't want to buy it, that's fine.  But people will.  Remember all the people (maybe you) that said just plain "North Dakota" merchandise with the interlocking ND wouldn't sell?  They were proven wrong.  And theyw nae sayers will be proven wrong again here.  As for me, I will but the new merchandise.

#getfhawkedup

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Mmmmmm cheesy corn.

image.jpg

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Huge lines at the bookstore still! People every where are pumped to get some merchandise with the awesome new logo!

So people will be camping out over night in front of the bookstore to be the first ones to get their hands on the new merchandise?  That's impressive!!!

43 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Huge lines at the bookstore still! People every where are pumped to get some merchandise with the awesome new logo!

10 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I got pictures it's comparable to the student entrance when they open the doors for the gopher games

Hey smart guy, merchandise comes out tomorrow.  So your cute little comments make you look pretty stupid.  ;)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UND-1 said:

It is pretty expensive compared to the UND only or Fighting Hawks stuff.