SiouxSports.com Forum

Dan Hammer leaving Midco

best0186

His silly/weird statements aside, there is something real about Hammer's enthusiasm and apparent lack of arrogance that I find very refreshing.  He gave us TCoS and "one-timer" for every shot taken.   There are a lot of PXP guys who will be better at hockey, but I will miss the guy.   

TH would be fantastic, but who would do radio like he does?

Same.

Depending on what the new deal ends up being, it could spur me to try to drop cable. MSN was the reason I didn't even look at any other options for TV.

• Upvote 1

If FSN is the new carrier, the establishment of an FS North Dakota as discussed above could be bad news for those of us residing outside of ND. There are always webcasts but a feed from cable is better quality, plus we might miss the occasional non-conference football game, for example, played in GF but not carried by Big Sky TV.

If FSN is the new carrier, the establishment of an FS North Dakota as discussed above could be bad news for those of us residing outside of ND. There are always webcasts but a feed from cable is better quality, plus we might miss the occasional non-conference football game, for example, played in GF but not carried by Big Sky TV.

DirecTV with the Sports Pack.

Has anybody heard Ryan Cunningham from KNOX radio do high school sports?  Whether it is TV or radio, I think it would be great to have him doing UND games in some capacity.  Very talented play by play guy.  Put Sweeney back on TV and try to get Cunningham to do football on the radio.

• Upvote 4

Has anybody heard Ryan Cunningham from KNOX radio do high school sports?  Whether it is TV or radio, I think it would be great to have him doing UND games in some capacity.  Very talented play by play guy.  Put Sweeney back on TV and try to get Cunningham to do football on the radio.

Is he at KNOX (Grand Forks and Leighton Broadcasting) or at KOVC (Valley City and Ingstad Family Broadcasting)?

And yes, Cunningham is good, and you have to trust anyone who admits to being from Luverne, ND. :D 

Is he at KNOX (Grand Forks and Leighton Broadcasting) or at KOVC (Valley City and Ingstad Family Broadcasting)?

And yes, Cunningham is good, and you have to trust anyone who admits to being from Luverne, ND. :D 

He has been at KNOX for the last couple years.  Program director, sports director, and afternoon talk host.  He was here for a year, then went to Bismarck and did Bobcat hockey for a season, then came back to GF.  KNOX has really been covering area high school sports hard since he came back.  He is a very talented radio guy both in the studio and in a play by play booth.  I listened to him to for years when he was at KVOC as well.  KNOX covered the women's WCHA Tourney at REA last year and he called the games.