SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

I am honestly embarrassed. 

There are six state universities in North Dakota and we couldn't even come up with a nickname that wasn't already being used by one of them.

Seriously. That is just embarrassing. 

Best summation so far.  I'll even throw out the word disgraceful....the new nickname, the entire process and Kelley himself.

• Upvote 1

All these F'Hawk-ing ideas are pure F'Hawk-ing gold. 

I wonder if the consultants and Twamley wonks vetted this F'Hawk-ing idea out loud?

I can't wait for the first "Simpson's mother" to complain about this with a classic ... 

Edited by The Sicatoka
  • Upvote 1

Welp. I ended up voting along with 19% of those eligible for The Fighting Hawks.

I am indifferent towards the name as I imagine at least half who voted for it are. I compare it to when you vote in a Presidential election and you get to the spot on the ballot to vote for the official county newspaper.

Edited by petey23
  • Downvote 1

Welp. I ended up voting along with 19% of those eligible for The Fighting Hawks.

I am indifferent towards the name as I imagine at least half who voted for it are. I compare it to when you vote in a Presidential election and you get to the spot on the ballot to vote for the official county newspaper.

I've always voted for winners in that spot.

As opposed to "Here's your University of North Dakota Roughrider penalty kill sponsored by Roughrider Condoms.  You can shoot, but you won't slip one past our defense!"

That would have fit perfect with the chat at UND that goes "Give me a C, Give me a O, Give me a N....What's that Spell?,...Condoms. That's that mean? Defense Defense Defense!"

They also do the S.E.X....what that mean "Score, Score, Score!"

Folks that are hung up by the condom company either (a) have never needed such an item, or (b) maybe their father did. WOW! There. I said it. 

The USC Trojans seem to get along just fine. As to the Troy State (Alabama) Trojans. 

Oh man, It's a condom!? That hurts.:silly:

What were they gonna do next? Tell us next Roughriders was too good looking? 

How

About

We

Keep

Sioux.

Already rumors of a t-shirt going to be made

Reminds me of the High School kids in Devils Lake that showed how popular the name of "Blaze" was going to win...until the administration found out it was being voted on because of its drug reference. The school board took that name off the list real quick.

Since UND students are one step above HS, it all makes sense.