SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

8 hours ago, 77iceman said:

putting together some suggestions from people here . . . but really just doing what i want to do because nobody

is paying me for this :)

Adding some colors from the Sioux era makes this a little more interesting, and might even get a slight smile from the

die-hard "Sioux or nothing" crowd.

but whatever.  i'm just havin fun.

Logo 2.0.jpg

I like it

On 1/30/2016 at 6:10 PM, geaux_sioux said:

Please do a confident logo instead of an angry one. The look on the face of our old logo is a good example of confidence instead of anger.

I think I heard Either the 6th or the 13th. I wonder if they will put out a really stupid logo at first to let people get their bile out and then put out the actual logo so people will think that there uproar made a difference.

13 minutes ago, WiSioux said:

Can't believe nobody has posted this yet...

Halt Logo, Address Budget

I honestly didn't take it seriously and I don't think it will affect the school's decision to move forward with SME, Inc.  Yes, there is a budget shortfall but for only $50k we can close the books on this fiasco and get our logo finalized.

If you're trying to make it resemble a logo that includes a Native American headdress, don't you think that people will say it looks like a Native American headdress? The NCAA policy and the Settlement Agreement between UND and the NCAA say that anything that resembles Native American imagery is not allowed.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, ClassB said:

This is more of a cock-fight looking logo. But I thought it was pretty cool. by no means is my weight behind it.

Screen Shot 2016-02-07 at 5.21.22 PM.png

Ran over two roosters fighting on the highway one spring and they looked just like that when it was over

8 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I can't believe this even needs to be editorialized. Seems like absolute nonsense that people think the logo process should be suspended. Unreal...

Buried the lead in the editorial:

(Speaking of exciting and high-potential logos, here's a side note for any SME Inc. design professionals who happen to be reading this editorial: Google "Curtiss P-40 Warhawk"—the third most-produced American fighter aircraft of World War II—and try not to get excited about the prospect of featuring that aircraft in UND's Fighting Hawks logo. Just try.)

I like the potential

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I can't believe this even needs to be editorialized. Seems like absolute nonsense that people think the logo process should be suspended. Unreal...

Agreed.  Yeah, this whole debacle has been going on for for 10 1/2 years now.  Let's prolong the process even longer!!  No thanks.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

Buried the lead in the editorial:

(Speaking of exciting and high-potential logos, here's a side note for any SME Inc. design professionals who happen to be reading this editorial: Google "Curtiss P-40 Warhawk"—the third most-produced American fighter aircraft of World War II—and try not to get excited about the prospect of featuring that aircraft in UND's Fighting Hawks logo. Just try.)

I like the potential

I'll be shocked if they give us anything but a bird, but that absolutely has potential.

• Upvote 1