SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

1 minute ago, burronation said:

I'd rather it be something like the minnesota wild logo they did then just another variation of a side view bird, front view bird, or bird head.  

The term "Wild" left it open to interpretation, while Hawks probably doesn't have as much wiggle room.

But I agree, I'd also like to see something more like the Wild and maybe a little more abstract than a straight hawk. 

putting together some suggestions from people here . . . but really just doing what i want to do because nobody

is paying me for this :)

Adding some colors from the Sioux era makes this a little more interesting, and might even get a slight smile from the

die-hard "Sioux or nothing" crowd.

but whatever.  i'm just havin fun.

Logo 2.0.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 77iceman said:

putting together some suggestions from people here . . . but really just doing what i want to do because nobody

Adding some colors from the Sioux era makes this a little more interesting, and might even get a slight smile from the

Logo 2.0.jpg

A bit too German with those colors, ;)

• Upvote 2

So the yellow, black and red were the accent colors of the feathers in the Sioux head logo.

And in the way I used them in the hawk's head, we could read as war paint on the hawk . . . hence a fighting hawk.

We just wouldn't tell anyone at NCAA level that.  To them it would just be some colors ;)

1 hour ago, 77iceman said:

Logo 2.0.jpg

I think adding anything takes away from the dynamic simplicity of your concept. 

Edit: Maybe adding the bottom pice is a good thing, just not with the other colors.