SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

23 minutes ago, bigskyvikes said:

What ever sports Jersey it is on, it is holding the, football, basketball, stick, lacrosse stick, soccer ball, bikini, speedo....;)

Exactly. It's only holding a hockey stick because it came from a hockey jersey. I'm not hockey-only by any means. 

checking out instagram photos from the big sky t and f championships....a lot of pictures of athletes in the athletic gear and i'll admit that nau def has the most consistent and easily identifiable gear out there...the colors and the logos and easy to see and look nice. hope sme does as well with us as they did with nau.

kinda like the gridiron logo (even on the helmet) and surprisingly didn't like bbriens logo...

8 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

checking out instagram photos from the big sky t and f championships....a lot of pictures of athletes in the athletic gear and i'll admit that nau def has the most consistent and easily identifiable gear out there...the colors and the logos and easy to see and look nice. hope sme does as well with us as they did with nau.

I have to agree: SME did a solid job for Northern Arizona. The NAU "axe logo / letters mark" is simple, clean, easily identified, and works on many different things. 

http://www.smebranding.com/nau.html

8 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So is the new Fighting Hawks logo going to be on the 2016 NCHC Championship banner?  Should it be?  Will fans boo a National Championship banner being raised to the rafters with the Fighting Hawks logo on it?

Great question. If I were a betting man, I would say no, since the '16 conference banner will pair up nicely with the '15 conference banner, and nobody will yet have had a real opportunity to digest the new logo/graphic identity. And 'consistency' would be a convenient out if the Hawks logo is not warmly received ("they didn't play under that logo, so the interlocking ND it is").

They could, however, follow the Sioux/REA model eventually, and retroactively apply a future Hawks logo to previous banners.

Intentionally silent on NC talk. ;)

6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

So is the new Fighting Hawks logo going to be on the 2016 NCHC Championship banner?  Should it be?  Will fans boo a National Championship banner being raised to the rafters with the Fighting Hawks logo on it?

That would be very sad. Bubba was at practice with  Fighting Hawks Football gear on.

What exactly is the point of this guy's "political" cartoon from Sun Mar 6? 
http://www.inforum.com/opinion/cartoons/3979872-steve-stark-cartoon-030616

Did he miss the memo and that the selection process is over?

Or ... is he doing what all the local media seems to be doing (looking at you Ms. A. Burleson) and finding stories to keep trying re-open what is a closed matter. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Or ... is he doing what all the local media seems to be doing (looking at you Ms. A. Burleson) and finding stories to keep trying re-open what is a closed matter. 

That's actually very funny. 

6 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Cartoon is dated 2015, so I think the editors are to blame on this one.

That said, guy is a hack.

3 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Cartoon is dated 2015, so I think the editors are to blame on this one.

That said, guy is a hack.

You're right. That cartoon is dated 2015. At that point in time it was legitimate. 

So what we have instead of a "what the" cartoon is more "what the" editorial work at the Fargo Forum. 

On March 7, 2016 at 5:05 PM, The Sicatoka said:

If hack first you don't succeed, hack, hack again.

http://www.inforum.com/opinion/cartoons/3984194-steve-stark-cartoon-march-11-2016

The media hacks and fish-wrapper producers are doing their darnest to keep this resolved and closed issue alive as a "controversy" so they can continued to claim to be "enlightened" in comparison to the great unwashed here in fly-over land ... and to keep selling mouse clicks and fish-wrappers. 

They create the alleged controversy; we deal with it to their claimed desired outcome; they can't accept that so they keep rehashing it. 

And they wonder why respect of the media and the press by the American public has fallen markedly over time. 

• Upvote 1