SiouxSports.com Forum

So I Guess Fighting Hawks It Is

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/3960023-forum-attendees-want-unds-logo-be-unique-not-cheesy-bird

Not sure if I'm embarrassed or not, but weren't the designers told all about how fiercely loyal, rabid, and passionate the UND fan base was, and about how much the University meant to the community and the people of North Dakota?  That's all we've heard for months, especially on here...designers need to do this, designers need to do that, I want a lollipop, designers need to hear from me, my opinion matters, look at what I drew.

There needs to be an absolute moratorium on future negative logo comments by anyone on here who lives within 100 miles of GF and didn't bother to show up.

100 miles?  OK, Dad.  :silly:

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/3960023-forum-attendees-want-unds-logo-be-unique-not-cheesy-bird

Not sure if I'm embarrassed or not, but weren't the designers told all about how fiercely loyal, rabid, and passionate the UND fan base was, and about how much the University meant to the community and the people of North Dakota?  That's all we've heard for months, especially on here...designers need to do this, designers need to do that, I want a lollipop, designers need to hear from me, my opinion matters, look at what I drew.

There needs to be an absolute moratorium on future negative logo comments by anyone on here who lives within 100 miles of GF and didn't bother to show up.

20 people, wasn't that the number of people who showed up at University Park to protest getting rid of the no nickname option.:lol:

2 hours ago, UND1983 said:

There is a second public meeting tomorrow at 11:30am at Union.  Hopefully, everyone within a 3,000 mile radius will be there.  That is IF you care about the logo at all.

Buy my plane ticket and I will be there... Oh wait, I have a dentist appointment, nevermind, can't make it.

23 hours ago, MissSioux85 said:

*If you're interested in providing feedback, here is the Survey Monkey link 

Clearly difficult for many fans to attend who don't live in the area, BUT I did see this link at the end of the story in the paper.....thank you for posting it already.  I have given my feedback, I hope everyone else who cares enough to have an opinion does as well (as long as your feedback agrees with mine).

13 hours ago, UND1983 said:

There is a second public meeting tomorrow at 11:30am at Union.  Hopefully, everyone within a 3,000 mile radius will be there.  That is IF you care about the logo at all.

I participated in one of the 1st 4 hour focus meetings Nov. 2014.  There is nothing more to say.  Maybe SME should look at the 12 criteria for the new name that came out of those meetings  (criteria that was totally ignored by Karl G and co. on the task force).  I am still so pissed and embarrassed with what we ended up with; f'n hawks!

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

I participated in one of the 1st 4 hour focus meetings Nov. 2014.  There is nothing more to say.  Maybe SME should look at the 12 criteria for the new name that came out of those meetings  (criteria that was totally ignored by Karl G and co. on the task force).  I am still so pissed and embarrassed with what we ended up with; f'n hawks!

That alone would justify showing up at one of SME's forums, or at least reaching out through whatever online surveys, e-mail, etc., they put out there. Don't assume they're being provided anything.

34 minutes ago, UND1981 said:

Karl Goehring voted for no nickname but was trumped by other committee members. In the end, the majority wins out.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:18 PM, MissSioux85 said:

I attended the open forum tonight. They hope to have a new logo/branding done by May 31.

They will start with five designs, then narrow it down to three, and then finally two. Once at two they will test the concepts.

They asked six questions in regard to the logo/branding and allowed time for comments/discussion. 

*If you're interested in providing feedback, here is the Survey Monkey link 

Will they allow us to vote for "no logo" basically and just keep interlocking UND?  Wait, haven't we been down that road before and then at the last minute.....

10 hours ago, GDPritch said:

Will they allow us to vote for "no logo" basically and just keep interlocking UND?  Wait, haven't we been down that road before and then at the last minute.....

And sales went through the roof with sales of the interlocking ND. Oh wait thats Notre Dame.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

12 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

That alone would justify showing up at one of SME's forums, or at least reaching out through whatever online surveys, e-mail, etc., they put out there. Don't assume they're being provided anything.

I completed the survey and provided the top 5 criteria given to the committee. I suggested using a military theme and please, no cheesy bird logos.

13 hours ago, dagies said:

I listened to the Sit Down and Cheer podcast this afternoon, and Conor Flaherty from SME certainly said all of the right things.  Now, we'll see if they carry through.  Worth a listen

That is a pretty bad name for a podcast. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

That is a pretty bad name for a podcast. 

I've been thinking that since it debuted.  I get that's it's a play on the name of the school song, but the title alone makes it sound like it's a boring, waste of time and nothing to get excited about.

2 hours ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

I've been thinking that since it debuted.  I get that's it's a play on the name of the school song, but the title alone makes it sound like it's a boring, waste of time and nothing to get excited about.

Have you listened to it? It's weird because they "Sit Down" with guests. I mean, I'd rather listen to them conduct interviews on a treadmill, but this will have to suffice.

I like to sit down & drink beer but I usually stand to cheer 

Didn't I hear him say he won't make this week's Hockey expirence - that will be a must do - wish we could be granted some time where the old logo & new could have been used together some how - We all know the Sioux logo & name is gone except to keep the trademark but how cool would of it been to have both for one run - -with old welcoming new & new thanking old for their beloved history -  one trying to pass the Pride to the next - if that is possible or makes any sense ? ? ? & who wouldn't want to own some of that

Now that the real change is almost here why can't there be a more positive transition ? Instead of here is the New u should forget the Old - Especially when that will absolutely never happen

44 minutes ago, Fetch said:

I like to sit down & drink beer but I usually stand to cheer 

Didn't I hear him say he won't make this week's Hockey expirence - that will be a must do - wish we could be granted a year where the old logo & new could have been used together some how - We all know the Sioux logo & name is gone except to keep the trademark but how cool would of it been to have both for one run - -with old welcoming new & new thanking old for their beloved history -  one trying to pass the Pride to the next - if that is possible or makes any sense ? ? ? & who wouldn't want to own some of that

I was thinking about this also. How about the new hawk logo, his side view eye is shaped like the Sioux logo?!!

Cool.....