SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

12243418_10101604529512085_9195564704234

Credit Jake John who proudly displayed this on the Herald comments that he designed it.

Get rid of the bird head my parent's cat left on the doorstep and the wings aren't so terrible.  I kind of like the wings on the helmet actually :ohmy:  Ditch the "UND Fighting Hawks" and "Home of the U" wording and just put an interlocking ND above the wings.  I've resigned myself to accept that Hawks will win.  I don't like it, I still voted for Roughriders yesterday, and this weekend is a good example of why hawks shouldn't be chosen, but there's a 95% chance it's the name so I guess I'll get used to it.  If we have to be the Hawks, I think I'd prefer to just go with a "wing(s)" logo rather than the full bird in an effort to differentiate ourselves from the dozens of other colleges/universities with the name.

Get rid of the bird head my parent's cat left on the doorstep and the wings aren't so terrible.  I kind of like the wings on the helmet actually :ohmy:  Ditch the "UND Fighting Hawks" and "Home of the U" wording and just put an interlocking ND above the wings.  I've resigned myself to accept that Hawks will win.  I don't like it, I still voted for Roughriders yesterday, and this weekend is a good example of why hawks shouldn't be chosen, but there's a 95% chance it's the name so I guess I'll get used to it.  If we have to be the Hawks, I think I'd prefer to just go with a "wing(s)" logo rather than the full bird in an effort to differentiate ourselves from the dozens of other colleges/universities with the name.

great suggestions for fixing this attempt.  There is somethimg about those wings that can be worked with.

So to change the direction of this thread a little bit, what would look better on the new ND Licences plate...since it includes a bison?  A roughrider or an eagle?  

111315.N.BND_.LICENSEPLATE_1.JPG?itok=KN

You realize that these plates will be made at "ROUGHRIDER INDUSTRIES"?    That's a fancy name for the ND prison system.   Do we really want to be associated with something like that?   I'll be voting Fighting Hawks.   Voted Nodaks the last 2 times.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I thought that I would have some fun and decided to come up with my own idea of what a "Fighting Hawk" logo should look like for UND.  I took an internet image of Henery Hawk, the little chickenhawk from Looney Tunes and photo-shopped it a little bit.  It took me about five minutes to come up with this logo.  I hope that you find it amusing.

fightinghawk.jpg

• Upvote 3

You realize that these plates will be made at "ROUGHRIDER INDUSTRIES"?    That's a fancy name for the ND prison system.   Do we really want to be associated with something like that?   I'll be voting Fighting Hawks.   Voted Nodaks the last 2 times.

Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough...

The Nodak nation flag was out at the game, and Nodaks is not an option.....conspiracy?

No,  the official student-athletic booster organization of UND Athletics that's been around for years, former known as Sioux Crew, ...and Soon to be renamed Hawk Haven (like a nest).

got another RR vote tonight...my buddy voted fh (actually his eight year old did) and then he voted nodak but i told him no more helping out at his house unless RR...he gave me his phone before the game and BOOM .... one more RR.

plus i found out that a former und bball player back in the day from the east side voted RR....

• Upvote 1