SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

I googled hawk logo images and out of a ton of them couldn't find any that seemed cool or worthy of UND.  Hope they can use a swooping bird to fill in the "N" of ND, and make it a relevant logo.  Just don't know if the consultants would take the time to differentiate it enough from the hundreds of stale images.  Bennett Brien would at least care what he puts out for consumption.

Ralph Engelstad was a great guy to UND. Did a lot for the school and athletics. Like him I'm a huge Sioux supporter. Will be voting Roughriders again, Hawks is the worst name ever (I highly suspect that "Fighting" will be dropped from the official name.) 

However, maybe Ralph wouldn't have much of a problem with Hawks since it means we could transition to something this. The soldiers that wore it were pretty into fighting if I recall and a lot of North Dakotans have German background. Win-win, right?1297px-Reichsadler_der_Deutsches_Reich_%

If you're a UND fan, I'm Winston Churchill's great grandson.  Gopher or Bison troll, more likely.

• Upvote 1

With the Hawks logo that was circulating, I can say this, my wife is a multiple time graduate of UND, born and raised in Grand Forks, and it took me until this final vote to convince her that the Blackhawks logo that was circulating had less than a snowball's chance in **** of ever being the logo. Now, someone that knows Kelley as well as her, and understands this process took that long to convince that logo wouldn't happen, how many others do you think are voting based on that logo? I'd say at a minimum, a solid 50% of the Fighting Hawk vote. That's what saddens me, because you think their are people mad about this process now, just wait until they finally realize that the logo they thought was attached to that nickname is not being used.

But let's just be honest and say you pulled that 50% number out of your butt.

I'm voting for Riders but inventing statistics does nothing for me.

• Upvote 2

However, Ralph Engelstad was apparently aware the winds of political correctness were already changing. Strinden revealed today that during a meeting in the late 1990’s with then President Kupchella and Engelstad in Las Vegas, that Engelstad suggested the Fighting Sioux nickname and logo be kept for 5 years and then changed.

6ecf1a5cf9ad3ac11639dba5a1ed487ff8f7999d 

I think Fetch just pushed his Life Alert button.  

Edited by Shawn-O
  • Upvote 3

6ecf1a5cf9ad3ac11639dba5a1ed487ff8f7999d 

I think Fetch just pushed his Life alert

I won long ago by making up my mind to stay Fighting Sioux

If Ruffriders wins the split will never go away

LikE I've  said if Fighting Hawks wins it will eventually become more accepted

• Upvote 1

With the Hawks logo that was circulating, I can say this, my wife is a multiple time graduate of UND, born and raised in Grand Forks, and it took me until this final vote to convince her that the Blackhawks logo that was circulating had less than a snowball's chance in **** of ever being the logo. Now, someone that knows Kelley as well as her, and understands this process took that long to convince that logo wouldn't happen, how many others do you think are voting based on that logo? I'd say at a minimum, a solid 50% of the Fighting Hawk vote. That's what saddens me, because you think their are people mad about this process now, just wait until they finally realize that the logo they thought was attached to that nickname is not being used.

Im willing to bet you this outrage of not getting the Blackhawks logo will NOT happen...You might dig deep and find 15 people to admit that, but 50% of the FH voters??   That hilarious!

• Upvote 1

Im willing to bet you this outrage of not getting the Blackhawks logo will NOT happen...You might dig deep and find 15 people to admit that, but 50% of the FH voters??   That hilarious!

If you honestly believe that logo hasn't significantly affected this voting process,I have ocean front property in Nebraska to sell you.

• Upvote 2