SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

I don't remember seeing any hawks with colored feathers like that. It sure seems like it is meant to resemble a Native American headdress. And we all know that the NCAA has issues with all Native American names and IMAGERY. Both are mentioned in the original policy. Native American imagery is why William and Mary was not allowed to keep the feathers in their logo. If feathers look like they are part of a bird they are fine, if they are Native American related they are not good.

totally agree.   we could incorporate school colors.   that's why I made those suggestions for changes, to have natural-looking bird feathers.

totally agree.   we could incorporate school colors.   that's why I made those suggestions for changes, to have natural-looking bird feathers.

I do have a feeling that UND is going to have some sort of surprise unveiled that they are already planning that might be the Sioux logo turned blackhawk hawk style logo of its own. Its just felt odd Johnson kept saying "Stay Tuned."

(Conspiracy Alert) Is that why the Blackhawks hawk logo became so popular? Did someone let a few leaks out and said "This is up our sleeve" (to the Student Body President)? There's also the oddly unseen by anybody, yet reported by the Herald (correction I can't find it anywhere in the Forum or Herald even though its an AP piece by Dave Kolpack hmmm), of a UND professor that made a Sioux logo morphing into a hawk ...

One retired UND art professor has an animated drawing making the rounds on campus in which the Fighting Sioux logo morphs into a Fighting Hawks moniker. The 11-second video begins with the original logo that was designed by UND alumnus Bennett Brien, an enrolled member of the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa in North Dakota. The tail feathers on the headdress wind up as the tail on the hawk.

http://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/celebrities/article42129801.html

Was it planned all along? hmmmm....(end Conspiracy Alert).

Edited by Cratter

I do have a feeling that UND is going to have some sort of surprise unveiled that they are already planning that might be the Sioux logo turned blackhawk hawk style logo of its own. Its just felt odd Johnson kept saying "Stay Tuned."

(Conspiracy Alert) Is that why the Blackhawks hawk logo became so popular? Did someone let a few leaks out and said "This is up our sleeve"? There's also the oddly unseen by anybody, yet reported by the Herald, of a UND professor that made a Sioux logo morphing into a hawk (IIRC)...

I wouldn't mind if this was true but remember this is an administration and numerous liberal faculty that can't wait for Fighting Sioux to go away. 

Johnson didn't say "We are analyzing the options and are still determining the best way to go about developing and picking the new logo once the new nickname is chosen."

Which has been the norm this whole time. They seem to already know the process:

"When we know for sure what the nickname is we'll announce what that process is going to look like," he said.

Edited by Cratter

eagles_helmet.jpg

I guess at this point in the game, if you're going to choose Hawks, we will have to eventually copy somebody.

Everythings taken by the very popular name.

You combine Hawks and Eagles it must be #1 name in athletics. All Aboard!

Edited by Cratter

wouldn't it be ironic that we become a ______ hawk school like miami and then we knock off the other miami and become the second "u"

intro to monday night football....elijah grady "the U"

followed by lamar miller "the U"

great!

Edited by SIOUXFAN97