SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

Aren't you the one always starting threads like "If Ralph were alive..." blobbety blop....did you read what Strinden said? 

i think RalpH would never have let it all get this far or else we would never got the Ralph or he might have tore it down

U think Strinden would reflect on Ralph in any sort of negative light :silly:Strinden was/is no Ralph

Edited by Fetch

Show me proof, not conjecture

If you believe the fake FH logo determined which logo won, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you. (See, I can do it too :D)

Well, what proof I do have is a small sampling size of an albeit large family in the Grand Forks area that were/are voting Hawks because o of that logo. I even had a friend not connected to the University in any way, shape, or form text that logo to me congratulating me on UND's sweet new logo. So tell me, are these educated people surrounding me closet idiots, or are you vastly underestimating the power that logo has had on this process?

If anyone were to look at comments on social media or ask around, they would obviously see that the "Black Hawk" logo had an effect on how people chose to vote.  How much of an effect will never be known...could be as little as <1% or quite a bit more.  Either way, it's evident that there is a percentage of FH voters that are basing their vote on that logo.

• Upvote 1

I had 5,000 people tell me they're voting for roughriders based on the unusable logo siouxfan97 has displayed.  Otherwise, they think the name roughriders totally sucks ass and would change their minds in a heartbeat and vote fighting hawks if they only knew.

if you think this sounds ridiculous, look in the mirror, conspiracy theorists.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I had 5,000 people tell me they're voting for roughriders based on the unusable logo siouxfan97 has displayed.  Otherwise, they think the name roughriders totally sucks ass and would change their minds in a heartbeat and vote fighting hawks if they only knew.

if you think this sounds ridiculous, look in the mirror, conspiracy theorists.

It's not a conspiracy.  As I said, pay attention to comments on facebook...there is a percentage, large or small, that are under the impression that logo will/could be UND's new logo,  I tend to think it's a smaller percentage, but it does exist.  I have yet to see any social media posts or have friends/family express what you claim, but yes, there could be some of those folks out there.

All of you assuming this logo had no effect on the vote, remember this is the same fan base that thought having the congressional branch of our state government pass legislation mandating keeping the Fighting Sioux would change the NCAA's mind. Come on, you're giving the low hanging fruit of this fan base far too much credit.

• Upvote 1

I told one guy on facebook, whos profile picture was that of the "blackhawk hawk logo," That logo won't be used at UND and is owned by another company. 

He responded, "You don't know that." I guess he's sorta right...I guess UND could pay a bunch and buy it, but highly unlikely.

Edited by Cratter

I told one guy on facebook, whos profile picture was that of the "blackhawk hawk logo," That logo won't be used at UND and is owned by another company. 

He responded, "You don't know that." I guess he's sorta right...I guess UND could pay a bunch and buy it, but highly unlikely.

UND will not have a logo that has anything that resembles anything Native American.  That's the only certainty in this whole nickname debate.  The Blackhawk logo will never be purchased by UND...

• Upvote 1

Well, what proof I do have is a small sampling size of an albeit large family in the Grand Forks area that were/are voting Hawks because o of that logo. I even had a friend not connected to the University in any way, shape, or form text that logo to me congratulating me on UND's sweet new logo. So tell me, are these educated people surrounding me closet idiots, or are you vastly underestimating the power that logo has had on this process?

A 'small sampling size of a large family' is a huge jump to 'determining the 10,000+ people voted for FH' (too lazy to lookup exact numbers).  Your last question is just a set up question based on a false assumption that it can only be one or the other, so I won't waste time answering it...but then again these people could be really, really dumb :lol: (I couldn't resist)

• Upvote 1

It's not a conspiracy.  As I said, pay attention to comments on facebook...there is a percentage, large or small, that are under the impression that logo will/could be UND's new logo,  I tend to think it's a smaller percentage, but it does exist.  I have yet to see any social media posts or have friends/family express what you claim, but yes, there could be some of those folks out there.

I haven't seen any of what you claim, either.  I just find it funny that Roughriders supporters are the only group of voters going back to the 5 finalists that feel the need to justify and explain away using their own personal opinions, why other people voted the way they did, and why they are wrong.

• Downvote 1

I haven't seen any of what you claim, either.  I just find it funny that Roughriders supporters are the only group of voters going back to the 5 finalists that feel the need to justify and explain away using their own personal opinions, why other people voted the way they did, and why they are wrong.

That only leads me to believe you either don't have social media, don't pay attention, or are flat out lying.

• Upvote 1

UND will not have a logo that has anything that resembles anything Native American.  That's the only certainty in this whole nickname debate.  The Blackhawk logo will never be purchased by UND...

Better read the paper today, making the new logo look like  the Sioux logo is already thought about.

• Upvote 1

Better read the paper today, making the new logo look like  the Sioux logo is already thought about.

Wait, what?  Please link the article.  The only thing in the GF Herald was an article claiming the exact opposite.  Including this quote about some of the logos that are floating about:  

"I hope readers will know and understand that image has no connection to the nicknames that are being voted on," Johnson said. "Anybody who is projecting that isn't projecting the reality."

From this article:   http://www.grandforksherald.com/news/education/3880986-final-und-nickname-vote-begin-no-word-choosing-logo

Unless your talking about this quote from the UND Student body President:

Kopp said he hopes that similarly to that bird logo, elements of the old Fighting Sioux face could be worked into a new design.

Which is nothing but hopeful speculation on his part. 

Edited by dmksioux

Didn't someone say Ralph was a businessman and a pragmatist that would adapt to the business climate and world around him? Who was that guy ...