SiouxSports.com Forum

And then there were 2....

SWSiouxMN

No clue, someone posted it on Yik Yak and I found it too funny not to share. I want a t-shirt too

Small world or maybe I'm just connected. ;)

But I took a picture of that and sent it to a few friends on SnapChat.

One friend, Oh yeah "Adam made that."

Checked my "Adam" friends on Facebook.

And saw his post....with the image.

In regards to the current UND nickname vote, I had a little time last night and made what I believe is the only obvious choice for a new UND mascot and logo.

Also, can someone please tell me what the hell a fighting hawk is?

The Comments:

"Can I borrow this image to show my UND friends."

"I'll take a XL Jersey."

"Copyright this now." 

Edited by Cratter

I think this vote is going to be a lot closer than some people think or want.

I just don't think that many more people will vote.  Most are far beyond nickname fatigue, and the only way Hawks gets ousted is twofold, needing almost all Nodak supporters and a lot more voters this time around.

I just don't think too many more people will vote.  Most are far beyond nickname fatigue, and the only way Hawks gets ousted is twofold, needing almost all Nodak supporters and a lot more voters this time around.

I will agree on fatique.  I am tired on this and ready to start the healing process.  I do think there is something on the "final" vote that might make some people finally vote. Plus UND seems to be promoting it much heavier this time around.  Could an extra 3-4k vote? Possibly.   

Ideally It would have been nice to see a no doubt final winner... but my gut see an ugly twist coming at the end. (must be the fatique of dealing with this since the day I stepped on campus)

and when the book comes out on the process to the new name in 10 years... I will buy it and relive that drama.

I think a weekend with UND playing the Hawkeyes, Skyhawks, and RedHawks opened the eyes of many at the Herald.

Again, how does the SEC do it with Tigers and Bulldogs seemingly playing each other every weekend?  Redhawks vs Fighting Hawks four times a year in hockey?  Heaven forbid Tim H have to deal with that.  :silly:

It's only a matter of time before GW, TR, TJ, and AL are scrubbed from the face of Mount Rushmore...let's just be ahead of the curve and pick a nickname the cry-bullies can't be offended by.  

http://dailycaller.com/2015/10/13/missouri-students-thomas-jefferson-a-racist-rapist-campus-statue-needs-to-go/

"Removing the statue alone will not eliminate the racial problems we face in America today, but it will help cure the emotional and psychological strain of history.”

• Upvote 2

overheard a student at the hockey game ask another student if he voted yet...he said he did the first two times but aint voting this time....One less for FH????

I would say it probably was someone who voted Nokaks twice and doesn't care which of the last two get voted in. Just my guess.

I overheard a girl in the Sioux Shop at the game last night pointing to a jersey and saying with delight "next year there is going to be a little birdie on this".  Then she asked her boyfriend if he was going to vote and he said no.  She said you have to vote. Would certainly be interesting to see all the demographics when all is said and done.

• Upvote 2

http://nepr.net/news/2015/11/12/umass-amherst-protesters-want-new-seal-and-mascot/

For those of you thinking Roughriders couldn't possibly offend anyone...I give RHHiT about 3-4 years before he starts singing a different tune about that "honor"...

Wouldn't that be a perfect scenario for most of the people here that don't think any of the choices are good?  We can go down this path for a few years, then start fresh when the protests come.  Next time don't have PC representatives on the committee, and maybe we can narrow it down from the start with the stakeholders, with only unique names.