SiouxSports.com Forum

Calling the Bluff - Nickname and Donations

NoiseInsideMyHead

Calling the Bluff - Nickname and Donations  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How has the nickname process affected your donations to UND?

• Never given and never planned to
    • Used to give more but decreased when Sioux was retired
    • Used to give but stopped when Sioux was retired
    • Still give at previous levels but may decrease because of how the nickname process has unfolded
    • Still give at previous levels but will base future donations on the actual nickname selection
    • Regular donor and will not change for any nickname-related reason
    • Not yet a donor but plan to begin regardless of nickname
    • Not yet a donor and will base future donations on the outcome of the nickname process
    • Not yet a donor and will never give because of the nickname process
    • I started giving, or give more, because Sioux was retired

I voted "Regular donor and will not change for any nickname-related reason"; however, I reserve my right to target my donations as I see fit. No. Wait. That's what I've done all along. ;) 

I quit giving to the athletic department and shifted over to the music department. Yes I was in the athletic bands and the work Rob and Tammy do is amazing and they still deserve all the help they can get even if the Twamley fools screw this up even more. 

• Upvote 1

To clarify, I will give at the same amount which hopefully will continue to increase throughout my life. 

However, if Roughriders is chosen, I may divert some general fund donations and designate them to the history department.    North Dakota history, specifically. 

I think I see what you did there...

My donation level will remain the same-ish pending my employment. The price of oil probably has as much or more to do with my donation level as the outcome of this vote.

I voted "Regular donor and will not change for any nickname-related reason"; however, I reserve my right to target my donations as I see fit. No. Wait. That's what I've done all along. ;) 

Will do the same for my donations and also the apparel I buy.  Depending on the nickname I may buy a hoodie with just UND.  The only thing constant is I will buy unless I don't like the nickname/logo and they don't offer UND only gear.

Like to see similar survey on the purchase of new logo wear. Doesn't matter what it is I'm not buying it - not out of spite just can't see myself ever being anything but a Fighting Sioux. No matter what it is sales will never be what they were - just won't have the nationwide appeal that we had with Fighting Sioux and the logo. 

• Upvote 2

Like to see similar survey on the purchase of new logo wear. Doesn't matter what it is I'm not buying it - not out of spite just can't see myself ever being anything but a Fighting Sioux. No matter what it is sales will never be what they were - just won't have the nationwide appeal that we had with Fighting Sioux and the logo. 

Will do the same for my donations and also the apparel I buy.  Depending on the nickname I may buy a hoodie with just UND.  The only thing constant is I will buy unless I don't like the nickname/logo and they don't offer UND only gear.

I would guess that after a couple of years that 90% of what alum buy will be UND and University of North Dakota branded apparel.

Current and future students will be the market for the new name apparel.

Doesn't matter what it is I'm not buying it - 

This is where I am at as well.  I will not submit to the invasive rebranding that is on the way.  This is why I see Nodaks as the least of evils at this point, because it doesn't necessarily require a full-blown logo reboot.  The interlocked "ND" will do fine.

• Downvote 1