Nickname Vote: Exit Poll  

241 members have voted

1. 1. What name did you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • North Stars
    • Sundogs
    • Nodaks
    • Roughriders

These were the 2 emails you saw before the Herald got involved.

So far there are ABSOLUTELY NO REPORTS of people actually getting 2 chances to vote. You are creating a rumor.

No, the herald is creating a rumor. I posted on here that I read someone asked the same question like he got it twice. And that is exactly what happened!

I just said that I read it on here, and I did. Your the one with your panties in a bunch. Find it yourself...

And I claim you didn't. Because you didn't. I can't find it because I know it doesn't exist.

You're a great example of how rumors are spread.

Edited by Cratter

Why are so many having a cow about this? You do know they had email and voting clitches right? Some on here even said they got a second email. Seems like a potential huge problem to me? I don't know, could you imagine if Sundogs wins and we find out this did happen?!!

Here is your claim that they had email and voting problems. And claiming that some (more than one) said they got a second email. None of these claims came from anyone else.

i didnt claim shyt, I just said that I read it on here, and I did. Your the one with your panties in a bunch. Find it yourself...

As pointed out above, you were the one that made the claim, and you didn't actually read what you thought you read.

No, the herald is creating a rumor. I posted on here that I read someone asked the same question like he got it twice. And that is exactly what happened!

Here you are changing your story and trying to cover your tracks. The question was asked whether anyone got a second vote. You were the one that jumped from that question to claiming that they had received a second vote.

• Upvote 1

Here is your claim that they had email and voting problems. And claiming that some (more than one) said they got a second email. None of these claims came from anyone else.

It was on KNOX that there was problems and they gave out the number to call if any listener had problems or glitches.

As pointed out above, you were the one that made the claim, and you didn't actually read what you thought you read.

You showed the question I read, did you not?

Here you are changing your story and trying to cover your tracks. I am not covering anything, I commented about what I read on here, what I read on the herald twitter feed, and what I heard on KNOX!

Do you want me to post what the herald asked?

The question was asked whether anyone got a second vote. You were the one that jumped from that question to claiming that they had received a second vote.

Not sure what you think I did wrong?

Not sure what you think I did wrong?

You took a simple question, asking if anyone got a second vote, and jumped to the conclusion that they had email and voting problems on the website. Then you posted that conclusion on this forum as if it were a fact. It wasn't a fact. That's what you did wrong.

You took a simple question, asking if anyone got a second vote, and jumped to the conclusion that they had email and voting problems on the website. Then you posted that conclusion on this forum as if it were a fact. It wasn't a fact. That's what you did wrong.

Well thats my bad, but not my intentions. I read what you showed and I thought he was asking it because he did get two. I read it 8 pages ago. I heard the radio give out a 777 number for possible listeners that had problems with the vote, and I read what the herald was asking. Thought I was talking about things that others also heard and read, I was not trying to START anything. The herald stuff was quoted on here and it did ask the question.

Voted for Roughriders,

but could support either of the two that seem destined for a run off.   Of course, the SS.com sample is not representative ...

Thats the tough part. Its fun to look at an exit poll, and I think it tells us, in conjunction with twitter and media news, what the top two are, but there is no way to know for sure what is ahead, and how it will play out.

Go north dakota north dakota.... Weak

How about, Go North Dakota, Fighting North Dakota!  Nope, still weak.

"North Dakota" was taken off the ballot. Unfortunately, both these posts make zero sense given the final list of nickname choices.

If you're referring to "Nodaks", that's a different nickname. One's a shorthand version of North Dakota, the other is a nickname for hick hillbilly North Dakotan, which by the way we should embrace. We're takin' it back!!!! We'll be the hicks that kick your a** on the field/ice/court/water. Whatever though, to each his own....

Go Stars/Dawgs/Ridas/Hawks/Daks!

Gophers blow

UND won a national title in FB in 2001. And was a national power until around 2005. And they still got treated like a red-headed stepchild.

Not by the fans or by demand of the fans but by a series of pathetic AD's with support from the administration.  Although there are certainly fans that favor hockey, never have I heard anyone call for cutting funds to other programs - most were very happy with football success  - If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the AD's (looking at you, Bunning).  The way people are talking, the hockey fans stormed the AD office and demanded a cut in football funds.  I have close contact with athletes during the Bunning era and their universal conclusion was that he was an idiot.  I agree that we have had a string of poor hires including the AD and Muss, but it is not the fault of anyone in the hockey program. 

• Upvote 1

Not by the fans or by demand of the fans but by a series of pathetic AD's with support from the administration.  Although there are certainly fans that favor hockey, never have I heard anyone call for cutting funds to other programs - most were very happy with football success  - If you want to be mad at someone, be mad at the AD's (looking at you, Bunning).  The way people are talking, the hockey fans stormed the AD office and demanded a cut in football funds.  I have close contact with athletes during the Bunning era and their universal conclusion was that he was an idiot.  I agree that we have had a string of poor hires including the AD and Muss, but it is not the fault of anyone in the hockey program. 

I guess I didn't specify who the culprits were; thank you for filling in those blanks for me.

for the nostalgic ones voting for fighting hawks and nodaks i expect you to be right on the banks of the english coulee when the may fete comes back to campus..and i expect brad s. to report on it and report back how many current hockey players were in attendance.

?CISOROOT=undarchives&CISOPTR=161&action

• Upvote 1

"North Dakota" was taken off the ballot. Unfortunately, both these posts make zero sense given the final list of nickname choices.

If you're referring to "Nodaks", that's a different nickname. One's a shorthand version of North Dakota, the other is a nickname for hick hillbilly North Dakotan, which by the way we should embrace. We're takin' it back!!!! We'll be the hicks that kick your a** on the field/ice/court/water. Whatever though, to each his own....

Go Stars/Dawgs/Ridas/Hawks/Daks!

Gophers blow

And even if it was still on the ballot those idiotic responses would still make no sense. How hard can it be to understand that if UND went by North Dakota that there wouldn't be a name. 

• Upvote 1

for the nostalgic ones voting for fighting hawks and nodaks i expect you to be right on the banks of the english coulee when the may fete comes back to campus..and i expect brad s. to report on it and report back how many current hockey players were in attendance.

?CISOROOT=undarchives&CISOPTR=161&action

is that the imaginary North Dakota regiment of the roughrider cavalry doing calisthenics?