Nickname Vote: Exit Poll  

241 members have voted

1. 1. What name did you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • North Stars
    • Sundogs
    • Nodaks
    • Roughriders

But does anyone know what happened when he left UND? I just remember he went on this sudden leave, then it was extended, then he resigned? Was he going to get axed anyway. Seemed like a really strange situation.

Didn't realize he was a West Point grad with an engineering background.

Voted for Roughriders,

but could support either of the two that seem destined for a run off.   Of course, the SS.com sample is not representative ...

Right - 158 votes as of this post out of a possible 82,000 (are they still sticking to that number?) would mean we're only approaching a 0.2% size. 

Two tenths of a percent is enough to call a presidential election for some news stations, but not for something as important as this! ;)

• Upvote 1

But does anyone know what happened when he left UND? I just remember he went on this sudden leave, then it was extended, then he resigned? Was he going to get axed anyway. Seemed like a really strange situation.

I don't believe a definitive statement was ever made, but I recall hearing the alumni ran him out of town.

Right - 158 votes as of this post out of a possible 82,000 (are they still sticking to that number?) would mean we're only approaching a 0.2% size. 

Two tenths of a percent is enough to call a presidential election for some news stations, but not for something as important as this! ;)

I'm sure it's just low turnout and everyone who has voted immediately stopped over here to report their choice. Pretty much gospel. With any luck over the rest of the week, this could be a  one ballot deal...:silly:

It is a bigger sample size than the 4 out of 5 dentists argument though.................

As I recall, a survey was given to all UND coaches regarding Buning's job performance, and the results were very negative. The leave of absence allowed for time to negotiate the terms of the buyout of Buning's contract, and probably to raise the funds necessary to pay it.

I'm predicting roughriders over nodaks in official vote with neither having enough to win. Upon the runoff vote nodaks will win the  non roughriders voters to end up with the majority.

Id be happy with either, but the more I think about it, the more I prefer roughriders. Simply to avoid the "nodicks" chants, but I'm sure there is a negative chant I haven't thought of for roughriders as well.

• Upvote 1

I think that the small sample size on this poll will serve true for the real vote and Roughriders and Nodaks will be the top 2.  Neither will get the 50%.  In the runoff I do think that Roughriders will prevail.  Why?  I think the majority of the Nadak voters are people that are settling for it because it is the closest to just being North Dakota.  I think the Fighting Hawks, North Stars, and the one Sundog voter :D will turn and vote Roughriders because they actually want a nickname and not a shortened version of the state name.  Of course this is just my opinion.  Not based on any fact!!

• Upvote 1

still don't think its looking good for the nodiks crowd based on the above small sample...first this is a very pro-hockey message board and second because of the GFC/RRHS connections on this board...thinking that RR is doing okay.

I cant wait for the outcome of this. Where do you get your data to support this comment? From this thread? :lol:

15 people :lol:

I cant wait for the outcome of this. Where do you get your data to support this comment? From this thread? :lol:

15 people :lol:

im just saying that I was thinking that this poll would be a very pro-hockey so I was thinking that nodiks would be over 50% but those pro-hockey people that still think that hawk logo will be used is siphoning off more votes than I tought from nodiks...heck even the sundogs have passed the north stars...never would have guessed that...

im just saying that I was thinking that this poll would be a very pro-hockey so I was thinking that nodiks would be over 50% but those pro-hockey people that still think that hawk logo will be used is siphoning off more votes than I tought from nodiks...heck even the sundogs have passed the north stars...never would have guessed that...

I would assume those that liked the "fighting" in Hawks could trend to Nodaks. I think it is completely up in the air.  Just remember RR has other connotations and means for abuse as well.