Nickname Vote: Exit Poll  

241 members have voted

1. 1. What name did you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • North Stars
    • Sundogs
    • Nodaks
    • Roughriders

Looking ahead to the run-off (which I think we will need), I think the two names that will survive the initial round of voting are Roughriders and Nodaks (Fighting Hawks has fallen out of contention). My thinking is that the Fighting Hawk and North Star voters will swing over to Roughriders and the Sundog voters will swing over to Nodaks. That should give Roughriders the edge in the run-off, as I believe there will be more voters in the Hawks/North Star camp than in the Sundog camp.

Prediction:

60% Roughriders

40% Nodaks

You do know that no matter how many times you write this it doesnt mean it wil come true, right? Were you a big fan of Beattlejuice? 

• Upvote 1

Looking ahead to the run-off (which I think we will need), I think the two names that will survive the initial round of voting are Roughriders and Nodaks (Fighting Hawks has fallen out of contention). My thinking is that the Fighting Hawk and North Star voters will swing over to Roughriders and the Sundog voters will swing over to Nodaks. That should give Roughriders the edge in the run-off, as I believe there will be more voters in the Hawks/North Star camp than in the Sundog camp.

Prediction:

60% Roughriders

40% Nodaks

What do you exactly base this on? Do you have a crystal ball? Seriously, how do you know which name the FH or NS voters will choose? 

Looking ahead to the run-off (which I think we will need), I think the two names that will survive the initial round of voting are Roughriders and Nodaks (Fighting Hawks has fallen out of contention). My thinking is that the Fighting Hawk and North Star voters will swing over to Roughriders and the Sundog voter will swing over to Nodaks. That should give Roughriders the edge in the run-off, as I believe there will be more voters in the Hawks/North Star camp than in the Sundog camp.

Prediction:

60% Roughriders

40% Nodaks

fixed it for you

The Herald is really digging deep:

Anyone have any dirt on Anna Burleson?  Or for that matter any employee of The Grand Forks Herald.  Maybe its time to start putting the shoe on the other foot...hey if you don't have any dirt on them just make something up...that's pretty much what the Heraldo does now days anyway.

Anyone have any dirt on Anna Burleson?  Or for that matter any employee of The Grand Forks Herald.  Maybe its time to start putting the shoe on the other foot...hey if you don't have any dirt on them just make something up...that's pretty much what the Heraldo does now days anyway.

Why are so many having a cow about this? You do know they had email and voting clitches right? Some on here even said they got a second email. Seems like a potential huge problem to me? I don't know, could you imagine if Sundogs wins and we find out this did happen?!!

Edited by bigskyvikes

sounds like a granola eater to me...... 

Some on here even said they got a second email. 

Do you have a link?

I haven't see anyone say they got a second email. Yet because Anna is looking for people who have, its sorta implied some people voted twice. Which might happen but I haven't seen any evidence of it. 

Do you have a link?

I haven't see anyone say they got a second email. Yet because Anna is looking for people who have, its sorta implied some people voted twice. Which might happen but I haven't seen any evidence of it. 

No, its on this site, I read it earlier and I'm not looking back through all these pages. There might be a better way to get it on here, but i dont know how.

The question/post on here said, "did anyone else get a second email to vote". I thought someone was messing around and I just blew right by it. But I did read it...

Just curious--did anybody else besides me receive the e-mail from the alumni association last week indicating that they would receive another e-mail with voting instructions within the next few days, and then not receive the second e-mail? And yes, I did check my spam folder, also.

This is what you read. 

We all got the first email. 

Most of us got the second email with the actual link to vote. Sounds like UND92,96 didn't.

That's far from voting twice.

This is what you read. 

We all got the first email. 

Most of us got the second email with the actual link to vote. Sounds like UND92,96 didn't.

That's far from voting twice.

No, sorry, thats NOT what I read, but it was around that area. You don't have to believe me I dont care, but since it bothers you so much......keep looking.:lol:

No, sorry, thats NOT what I read, but it was around that area. You don't have to believe me I dont care, but since it bothers you so much......keep looking.:lol:

It sucks having an amazing memory and knowing so far not one person has claimed to have voted twice, but if you want to keep claiming its true go ahead. 

Are people getting two email?  Getting to vote twice?

I haven't heard of anyone getting two Qualtrics emails yet. Unless maybe they are utilizing an uninterested family or friend's email?

These were the 2 emails you saw before the Herald got involved.

You do know they had email and voting clitches right? Some on here even said they got a second email. Seems like a potential huge problem to me? I don't know, could you imagine if Sundogs wins and we find out this did happen?!!

So far there are ABSOLUTELY NO REPORTS of people actually getting 2 chances to vote. You are creating a rumor.

• Upvote 2

Maybe the Herald should instruct their writers/bloggers to report on the news.  I really don't care what Anna Burleson, Tom Miller or Brad Schlossman have to say about this election.  I'll make my own decision without looking to them for guidance...but if they want to whip up a quick story on the incoming hockey freshman or break down our penalty kill, I will be there.:)