Nickname Vote: Exit Poll  

241 members have voted

1. 1. What name did you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • North Stars
    • Sundogs
    • Nodaks
    • Roughriders

Students will be a huge swing vote in the run off.  If fighting hawks is gone and its down to Roughriders and Nodaks in the run off, they will flood to nodaks.   RR is hated on campus because of the climax-fisher rule*

*copyright fs4l 

I disagree...I think the student vote is so small versus the alumni vote...the same 2000 students that go to games will care...will they vote?  maybe half...almost all alumni I have talked to have registered to vote and 2-1 say RR v nodiks

Edited by SIOUXFAN97

Students will be a huge swing vote in the run off.  If fighting hawks is gone and its down to Roughriders and Nodaks in the run off, they will flood to nodaks.   RR is hated on campus because of the climax-fisher rule*

*copyright fs4l 

I thought you said they already have switched to Nodaks.  Seriously, I don't believe you or SiouxFan97 have a true pulse on what is going to happen. 

• Upvote 1

I'm just downplaying how much sway the current students have...there are obviously a lot more alumni out there and they will vote for the nickname that will be something we can be proud of and will make UND $$$$$$$$$$$$$$...not swayed by brad berry, brad s, tom dennis, or anyone else...they (i) will vote/d on what is best for und not a stick it to the man vote or the trendy name trending on twitter...

Edited by SIOUXFAN97
  • Upvote 1

I think its pretty sad that you are already making fun of what could very well be the new name. I get not liking it, but you are throwing every random reason out there to bash on whomever votes for it, just because you don't like it, and it is actually in contention. Will it win? I don't know, we'll see, but why chastise the people who vote for it.

You think opponents won't find other reasons to make fun of us? All fanbases do it, including us.

Nodaks - Nodicks

Fighting Hawks - Fighting Hicks

Sundogs - Enough said, makes fun of it self

Roughriders - they'll throw condoms at us, make obscene signs, etc

North Stars - Just let the MN crowd have a field day with it.

Gophers - Goofers, Golden Chokers

The point is, rather than chastising those that you don't agree with your specific vote, lets all accept the name will probably by Roughriders or Nodaks .... possibly Fighting Hawks, and just get ready to accept one of those. Will it stop you from supporting UND? Will you support them, but always antagonize the name if it isn't what you want? If you really hate Nodaks, then just stick with UND or Sioux, or North Dakota. Hell call them Roughriders if you really want ... but lets not bash every person for voting something different, just because it doesn't align with your own personal view.

Im sure I'm speaking for many....thank you!

I thought you said they already have switched to Nodaks.  Seriously, I don't believe you or SiouxFan97 have a true pulse on what is going to happen. 

the comment I made on this thread was regarding the football team and nodaks.  The fighting hawks was with the general student body. unless I made a comment in another thread please direct me.  I do my best in making sure i have good info before spouting my mouth off.  if you feel I have falsified info, I apologize and will do better in the future.

I think its pretty sad that you are already making fun of what could very well be the new name. I get not liking it, but you are throwing every random reason out there to bash on whomever votes for it, just because you don't like it, and it is actually in contention. Will it win? I don't know, we'll see, but why chastise the people who vote for it.

You think opponents won't find other reasons to make fun of us? All fanbases do it, including us.

Nodaks - Nodicks

Fighting Hawks - Fighting Hicks

Sundogs - Enough said, makes fun of it self

Roughriders - they'll throw condoms at us, make obscene signs, etc

North Stars - Just let the MN crowd have a field day with it.

Gophers - Goofers, Golden Chokers

The point is, rather than chastising those that you don't agree with your specific vote, lets all accept the name will probably by Roughriders or Nodaks .... possibly Fighting Hawks, and just get ready to accept one of those. Will it stop you from supporting UND? Will you support them, but always antagonize the name if it isn't what you want? If you really hate Nodaks, then just stick with UND or Sioux, or North Dakota. Hell call them Roughriders if you really want ... but lets not bash every person for voting something different, just because it doesn't align with your own personal view.

does this happen at RRHS (younger crowd) or at Saskatewhan RR games (older crowd)???? didn't think so...stop parroting the herald.

• Upvote 1

does this happen at RRHS (younger crowd) or at Saskatewhan RR games (older crowd)???? didn't think so...stop parroting the herald.

Not sure, I didn't go to RR, and even so. I think we are all aware of how immature student age kids can be. Including our own student. Bottom line is, any and every name will get made fun of in some way. Do you think if we are the Roughriders, nobody will find some type of improper or repulsive name?

I see Roughriders winning a close race, though Nodaks has a chance. Either way, lets just go with it. Hell either way, I'll be wearing my Sioux jerseys to the hockey games, and I'll probably wear my old sioux shirts to the football games. Who cares? Maybe I'll buy a Roughrider or Nodak hat. I don't know, but I think we may need to chill out a bit. I don't even read the herald much. I don't live in GF.

It's not a conspiracy a lot of folks are voting for Nodaks not because they think it's the best name, but because its the closest thing to "no nickname."

Plenty of people have admitted such, but they have ever right to do so.

All we can do is sit back and wait for the final announcement....I wonder how they'll eventually reveal the new name?

• Upvote 2

the comment I made on this thread was regarding the football team and nodaks.  The fighting hawks was with the general student body. unless I made a comment in another thread please direct me.  I do my best in making sure i have good info before spouting my mouth off.  if you feel I have falsified info, I apologize and will do better in the future.

No, not saying you falsified anything, just thinking it is hard to know the real pulse with a small sample size.  I think I get a good inkling from a bunch of people I know, only to be surprised when I sample more of them. Some input from campus is better than none, no matter the sample size, especially for those of us that are completely out of touch with the mindset.

Edited by tnt

Dude, I think his point was to ask people to stop engaging in false rhetoric that attacks other peoples' nickname choices.  In other words, stop bringing up Roughrider condoms as a reason we shouldn't vote for Roughriders just like stop referring to Nodaks as Nodiks.  But good job proving his point . . .  even though you were attempting to attack him. 

It's not a conspiracy a lot of folks are voting for Nodaks not because they think it's the best name, but because its the closest thing to "no nickname."

Plenty of people have admitted such, but they have ever right to do so.

All we can do is sit back and wait for the final announcement....I wonder how they'll eventually reveal the new name?

^This ..... The reasoning behind these votes really doesn't matter. Everyone gets their vote, that's it. I find fighting hawks incredibly bland. Not a fan of it, but if that is what people vote for, and it wins, then so be it.

That's the first thing that popped into my mind also. I know its very improbably but it'd be sweet to have the logo revealed at the same time in a press conference. 

Well that would be really cool, so you know it won't happen. I'm hoping for an nickname reveal spectacular with confetti and the works.  Put some fanfare into it! Like the reveal for the name of my new favorite AA baseball team, the Hartford Yard Goats (RIP to the Hard Hittin' New Britain Rock Cats)

yardgoats_98g3dgaw_1ulac3z7.jpg #GOAT (Note: they have a literal goat on stage)

• Upvote 1

Ain't that right, UNDBIZ?  Lost at your own game.  Sounds like Jim needs to find a semi-decent moderator to replace you.

- Moderators

You were attacking another poster's personal life. You said what you posted was a fact. Regardless of it being a fact, it had no place on this board. If you'd like to continue this conversation, send a PM. 

You were attacking another poster's personal life. You said what you posted was a fact. Regardless of it being a fact, it had no place on this board. If you'd like to continue this conversation, send a PM. 

Merely stating one's age, type of dwelling, and his admission that he trolls people on the internet is not an attack.

Edited by jimdahl
Disparaging insinuations removed

Alright, I think we ALL need to chill out. Realistically, going forward, we WILL BE the Roughriders, Nodaks or Fighting Hawks. Lets all deal with that and get ready for it. Right now, our fanbase (at least on this forum) could be considered laughable the way we are going at each other. We all support the same, school, teams, players, etc .... Might as well get ready to support whatever name comes out of this dumb process. We are the same fan base .... lets act like it.

• Upvote 1

And by the way, I forget to mention, I completely agree with your lemonade comment in the other thread.  When life gives you lemons . . . . That state legislator obviously doesn't know how to apply a great euphemism.