Nickname Vote: Exit Poll  

241 members have voted

1. 1. What name did you vote for?

• Fighting Hawks
    • North Stars
    • Sundogs
    • Nodaks
    • Roughriders

So when this is all said and done....when does the transition to the new nickname (logo) actually begin to take place? Has this been stated anywhere?

It was stated in a different thread back in the Summer the fix was in, everyone on campus supported North Stars, and that Twamley had already begun preparations for the transition. I assume it will be liking flipping a switch, we'll wake up Monday morning to find all of the Sioux gear in our closets has been replaced with North Stars gear. ;)

Edited by jimdahl
  • Upvote 1

It was stated in a different thread back in the Summer the fix was in, everyone on campus supported North Stars, and that Twamley had already begun preparations for the transition. I assume it will be liking flipping a switch, we'll wake up Monday morning to find all of the Sioux gear in our closets has been replaced with North Stars gear. ;)

that would be sweet.

It was stated in a different thread back in the Summer that Twamley had already begun preparations for the transition to North Stars. I assume it will be liking flipping a switch, we'll wake up Monday morning to find all of the Sioux gear in our closets has been replaced with North Stars gear. ;)

It's going to be the University of North Dakota North Stars, anyway.  For any follow up questions, ask Chairman Goehring about UND's efforts to purchase the Minnesota North Stars trademark.

Yes.  We're all going to be in for a big surprise when the announcement is made.

1.  no nickname (this was done too fast and I am not a huge fan of any of the remaining names)
2. North Stars (or some other variation)
3.roughriders, tied with fighting hawks, but barely
4. Nodaks
7. Sundogs (shouldn't even be 7 because it is unacceptable)

Let the bashing begin. Remember personal opinion only guys.

Very close for me also, I have,

1) same
2) your #3
3) your #2
4) something Hawks

Interesting to see the turnaround in a couple of very vocal Nodak supporters. Honestly curious what changed in the last few months.

Interesting to see the turnaround in a couple of very vocal Nodak supporters. Honestly curious what changed in the last few months.

Time.  And the fact North Stars has had no traction.  Again, I support Nodaks because I like the name better than RR.  It also took some time to grow on me.  Nice try though.

Time.  And the fact North Stars has had no traction.  Again, I support Nodaks because I like the name better than RR.  It also took some time to grow on me.  Nice try though.

It wasn't a try at anything, I was honestly curious. Reading some of the comments from this summer are all around hilarious, you just happened to make a list and the one you voted for wasn't even in your top 3. 

Time.  And the fact North Stars has had no traction.  Again, I support Nodaks because I like the name better than the same nickname GFRR has.  It also took some time to grow on me.  Nice try though.

FYP.............

"Grand Forks rules"!!! ;)

It wasn't a try at anything, I was honestly curious. Reading some of the comments from this summer are all around hilarious, you just happened to make a list and the one you voted for wasn't even in your top 3. 

Again, time. It grew on me.  Some of those Herald articles and the big Nodak nation flag last weekend kind of swayed me I guess.  The Fighting Hawks name got worse over time and I have never been able to grasp RR (obviously).  I am actually big on Fighting NoDaks.

Edited by scpa0305

Not that I have to explain my choice to you, and why are you even asking? I change on people to vote for also, I'm not so simple minded to hold for let say a party just because of a party! I have said from the start, no nickname is my preferred. Mafia swayed me to Fighting Hawks. The history of UND being Nodaks in the past written in the paper swayed but kept a battle for me between the FH and Nodaks. The flag really cemented it for me. The reason I fell away from RR is the whiney, 10 year old comments on here and the straight up treat anybody with a different view like your an asshat just made RR name absolutely stink to me!!

Not without the endless scare tactics used by that crowd on why no other name can work!

Happy?

Just so you know, I am a stand up guy in this, if RR wins, i will still love and support my favorite hockey, bball, football teams from UND! Can't say the same for some in your crowd can you?

Oh cool, we live in Hogwarts!