SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameday Thread

Dustin

I'll assume you are just bitter that the game was not remotely competitive.  It's okay. You'll be okay.

Even if the game had been remotely competitive that is a bad decision by 87 and a very dangerous play at best.  Shouldn't be ignored and the fact that the kid feels bad doesn't do anything.  The time for considering that is before you make the decision to do what he did.

What's with all the bickering and crying about low class, cheap shots etc.?  NDSU was the better team period.  Don't cry and make excuses and then call them dirty or Klieman low class because he felt his team was the better defensive team between the 2.  F'in pathetic guys.

Nothing Klieman said was low class.  I read the quotes.  He said they were the better defensive team.  Well, on Saturday, they were.  Fussing about Kleiman shows lack of class or our part.  What do you think he should say?  He was proud of the way his kids played. Dick  Vinger former GFC BB coach used to say  "when you win say little, when you lose stay less".  There are no excuses, we got beat. I didnt' see dirty play from the stands.  As a player, if you think they took a cheap shot at our QB then step in and defend him.  The worse thing we can do when we get trounced is to make excuses or complain. 

The hit on Arneell looked to me like it was illegal.  It didn't get flagged by the ref and I would need to see the play in slo mo to know for sure.  I didn't think it was was intentional. I understand others disagree and my opinion isn't necessarily correct but it does make us look bad when we keep harping on it to opponenets fans (who are people who have nothing better to do with their lives than post on an opponents blog).  It isn't worth fussing with them.

• Upvote 2

Nothing Klieman said was low class.  I read the quotes.  He said they were the better defensive team.  Well, on Saturday, they were.  Fussing about Kleiman shows lack of class or our part.  What do you think he should say?  He was proud of the way his kids played. Dick  Vinger former GFC BB coach used to say  "when you win say little, when you lose stay less".  There are no excuses, we got beat. I didnt' see dirty play from the stands.  As a player, if you think they took a cheap shot at our QB then step in and defend him.  The worse thing we can do when we get trounced is to make excuses or complain. 

The hit on Arneell looked to me like it was illegal.  It didn't get flagged by the ref and I would need to see the play in slo mo to know for sure.  I didn't think it was was intentional. I understand others disagree and my opinion isn't necessarily correct but it does make us look bad when we keep harping on it to opponenets fans (who are people who have nothing better to do with their lives than post on an opponents blog).  It isn't worth fussing with them.

Then the trolls need to get lost and go back to Bisonville. I don't waste my time over there; why do they waste their time here?

Anyway, here is the quote that irritated me. It was in a different article than the one I was talking about:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3843120-und-football-notebook-lot-has-changed-und-ndsu

Klieman also said his defense had something to prove.

“All week, the talk was the matchup of UND’s defense against our offense,” he said. “Our guys on defense kind of had a chip on their shoulders.”

This sounds like some unnecessary bitterness on Klieman's part. What in the world did the Bison D prove on Saturday against a very weak UND offense that still hasn't recovered from the coaching change? And why would Klieman and his players give a rat's behind what narrative the media chose to focus on? Klieman should be more worried about what happened vs. Montana; that could be a problem against the rest of MVFC.

Edited by fightingsioux4life
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Leevon Perry.  Look it up and see how your moron fan base handled that one.  FYI, your media was writing articles about it a YEAR later.  

That was a perfectly good play. The player was playing to the whistle and Perry let up just as the guy went low to cut him.  But just because he got hurt their were some Bison fans that were upset about it and called it dirty etc.

I read an article yesterday about a guy from Texas who made the trip to Fargo with his son. Mentioned that they were both wearing hockey gear.

Serious question. Do you think UND fans wear hockey jerseys to football games because that is the only apparel they own ? If that is the case, someone needs to start handing out UND Football shirts to incoming freshmen and those attending games at the Alerus Center. 

I think thats true.  Ran Into a couple of guys in Laramie that only had hockey jerseys.  When you think about it, it makes sense.  If you have one piece of gear from UND,  it'll probably be hockey gear.

Then the trolls need to get lost and go back to Bisonville. I don't waste my time over there; why do they waste their time here?

Anyway, here is the quote that irritated me. It was in a different article than the one I was talking about:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3843120-und-football-notebook-lot-has-changed-und-ndsu

This sounds like some unnecessary bitterness on Klieman's part. What in the world did the Bison D prove on Saturday against a very weak UND offense that still hasn't recovered from the coaching change? And why would Klieman and his players give a rat's behind what narrative the media chose to focus on? Klieman should be more worried about what happened vs. Montana; that could be a problem against the rest of MVFC.

The entire media tried saying that this was a match up of the vaunted UND deffense versus a potent NDSU offense. Sorry, but Klieman and the players had the right to have a chip on their shoulders . They completely embarrassed UND on Saturday and showed who the best defense really was. Statistically, that was the best NDSU defensive performance of all time. I would have to guess 61 total yards of offense and only 3 first downs ranks amounf the lowest all time for UND.

Edited by 2011BisonAlumni
  • Downvote 1

lol now look who's crying?  The game is over, and I'm done with your mom.  So why don't you just go home?

this sort of comment is also beyond what is acceptable in my opinion.  i know you're responding after someone else said something offensive involving you, but it's better to toe the line and allow the moderators to manage it vs escalating things inappropriately

It was the game day thread.  The game has been over for almost 48 hours.  Might be a good idea to lock it, call me crazy.  

Can't speak for the other mods as we haven't discussed it. But, I've considered it, but there are a couple legitimate post-game conversations still occurring (the injury, in particular.) But, as you can tell, we're all closely watching it :)

Edited by jimdahl

I have no problem with Klieman's comments in regards to that, not one bit.  I can see his point and I really don't think it is a big deal or him whining or complaining.  

this sort of comment is also beyond what is acceptable in my opinion.  i know you're responding after someone else said something offensive involving you, but it's better to toe the line and allow the moderators to manage it vs escalating things inappropriately

I agree I also went over the line.  

Mj23 is nothing but a troll. In his first post in this thread he accused people that feel the hit on Arnell was illegal as "whining, crying, and f'n pathetic."

You need to ban tuckfards like mj23 instead of scolding the rest of us for defending our teams and our fellow UND fans.

Mj23 is nothing but a troll. In his first post in this thread he accused people that feel the hit on Arnell was illegal as "whining, crying, and f'n pathetic."

You need to ban *@&%$ like mj23 instead of scolding the rest of us for defending our teams and our fellow UND fans.

He's on my black list here as well.  Should've been nuked a year ago:  http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/18399-trolls/?page=6#comment-810082 

As for your post, even with the spelling change, you should probably just avoid the name-calling.

You need to ban tuckfards like mj23 instead of scolding the rest of us for defending our teams and our fellow UND fans.

Amen to the banning of mj23 and similar posters.   Let NDSU spout for a few days since we just played them....and then get them off here.  They can come back in 2019, but this is a UND site and it gets really old having them come on here and brag about NDSU and bash us.  I think most of us come here to talk about Sioux football, not argue and start fights.  But when they come in here and start with their crap, it is kind of hard not to sometimes.  

AGAIN WITH THE LANGUAGE AND "CLEVER" REARRANGING OF LETTERS.  THIS IS BECOMING A VERY CIRCULAR CONVERSATION AND IT IS NOT ONLY BISON FANS CONTRIBUTING.

What do you expect with a bunch of Bison trolls come on here spew crap just to piss off UND fans and mods stand by and do nothing about it.

• Upvote 2

What do you expect with a bunch of Bison trolls come on here spew crap just to piss off UND fans and mods stand by and do nothing about it.

I suppose I expect better of the members of this site, especially UND fans because I am biased that way.

Virtually the entire moderating team has been monitoring this forum today.  Some things have been let go, in other instances action has been taken accordingly.

This is not an anti-NDSU site, it is a pro-UND one.

I suppose I expect better of the members of this site, especially UND fans because I am biased that way.

Virtually the entire moderating team has been monitoring this forum today.  Some things have been let go, in other instances action has been taken accordingly.

This is not an anti-NDSU site, it is a pro-UND one.

And some NDSU fans actually come here with things worth while to post, while others ruin it and when we call them out, nothing happens and it escalates. You are a smart man, you know who the trolls are especially when member after member calls out the same person and its not because he is "only" a Bison fan.

Actually your head coach put the coach's clicker on the play and walked through the play during the coaches show that week..  I don't think your coach thought it was legal and came very close to saying intentional.  Please do not rewrite history here...the NDSU fan base went off on the standard internet web sites.

Fact is it was legal. No flag. Perry should have played to the whistle. Dont care what Bohl did or didnt do. Didnt see the show. My post has to do with it being a good play or not. Not trying to rewrite history. Ive had that same stance since it happened. Dont care what some Bison fans had to say about it. They have never payed the game ,because that type of action takes place on a regular basis and is a legal block..

Edited by bison73

everybody deserves a warning and bincitysioux already addressed that with him.  

Initial hit , the blockers shoulders are above Arnells waist. I don't think this was "dirty".  Looks like it could have been blocking from behind. I don't believe this was a cheap shot. Kid trying to make a play. Arnell was trying to turn back into the runner as he was hit from behind by the AC kid.  I would like to see the X-ray but I would bet $100 the fracture occurred due to the combination of those forces more so than a direct blow to his knee or leg.  I believe at most their guy blocked from behind but this was an unfortunate incident more than a cheap shot.  Time to move on.  Prayers for a quick recovery. 

It's clearly from behind which makes it dirty.  It is also low which makes it low and from behind which is against the rules and should have been flagged.  This type of block happens all the time and in most cases no major injury occurs.  I certainly don't think he intended to injure (though I played with some that did intend to injure opposing players) but it is a result of playing somewhat reckless football which I think most would agree we want guys to play on the edge without crossing it which is almost impossible to do.