SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameday Thread

Dustin

""""We wanted to prove that we were the best defense out there and we sure as heck did that,” NDSU coach Chris Klieman said"""""

So whats the matter with that quote?

Found the picture on twitter of the ZA injury:

CPXfvks_Us_AA_ZH.jpg

Also, went to Bisonville to see if they had any comments yet.  They are laughing it off.  Unreal.  

Any of our LBs would start. Reyes probably would as well. Adler could possibly at TE. Other than that you're right.

You might be right about the outside linebackers. Ironically though , I think your best defensive player, Will, would be riding the pine. As good as he is, he is no Nick DeLuca. That dude will be playing on Sundays.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?35868-GDT-NDSU-vs-UND/page29

No_Skill is online nowSenior MemberGets their mail at the West Parking Lotreputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. UND

"""Hey Darell, I loled because I knew your kind would accuse malicious intent, not that the kid broke his leg. """

Deflect all you want about someone wearing a hat but it doesn't change anything about that play.  Lowering a shoulder into the back of a players legs is dangerous and against the rules for that reason.   Anybody that is being honest knows that is a dirty play at worst and a very poor decision at best.   It was a spur of the moment decision but a very bad one.  There is no place for that in a football game.  To say otherwise is disingenuous or a complete lack of understanding of sportsmanship and football in general.

Yes it was a very bad in game decision. Just like blocking in the back etc which we had a few of during this game that caused some pretty good returns to be called back. Its a lack of discipline and they need focus on the fact that if you cant get your head in front of the defender you HAVE to let it go. I hope the coaches get on top of this.

I dont know who the player is but it might be because the player hasnt gotten enough game time reps. That fact also leads to undisciplined play.

I am not making excuses. He made a bad decision. But I dont think his intent was to hurt the player.

I don't think they were laughing about the kid getting hurt, but rather that you guys somehow felt the Bison player intentionally hurt him out of some irrational hatred of all things UND.  I haven't personally rewatched the play (ESPN3 is freezing up on me...) so I can't say if it was a legal hit or not.  For the sake of avoiding an argument I'll take your guys word and say it wasn't and there should have been a penalty, but I'm not buying for a second that this was how they were coached to do it or that it was done to intentionally injure him. 

EDIT: Man do I hate the quote function on this board.... really bizarre things happen when you hit "quote" and then back out and hit quote again... it keeps stacking the quotes.  The above should have been in response to Darrel's post responding to mine.

Thats been happening to me also.

You might be right about the outside linebackers. Ironically though , I think your best defensive player, Will, would be riding the pine. As good as he is, he is no Nick DeLuca. That dude will be playing on Sundays.

Still looking for your reply to the question - clean or dirty?

From the time a pass play is called in the huddle till he throws the ball, Studsrud locks in on the receiver. I can see it, the fans can see it and most importantly the dbacks on the opposition can see it.

The run game will never get going if D's can put 7-8 guys in the box as they know the QB can't go really long (and the lack of speed at WR doesn't help) so this O is in big time trouble.

Dirty means it was his intention to cause harm.  I certainly wouldnt say it was a clean hit.  If you want to quantify it I would say it was a bad hit.

So, if a SDSU player chopped a NDSU player from behind like that would coach Bohl roll out the coaches film and talked about it on the coaches show?

As a football referee, the hit on Arnell was as dirty of a football play as you can have.  I'm not saying he did it with malice but that is irrelevant.  Its a dirty play.  Its an illegal play.  Unfortunately, its going to have a serious impact on a promising players ability to continue playing this game.  Again, I'm not saying the NDSU guy did what he did on purpose.  I imagine what happened was not his intent and that he was more than likely aiming at the hip.  Unfortunately, that was not the end result.

Edited by NewUNDAlum
  • Upvote 2