SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU Gameday Thread

Dustin

it is terrible that he was injured, but no need to accuse the opponent of a dirty play.

Ducked his head and and rolled up into the back of his knees.  That is the definition of a dirty play and players know that is off limits.  If don't know that you have no idea how the game is played.

A guy that played with me had a WR do that to him and tore his ACL.  There were NFL scouts at our practices looking at him up until that time and it ended his career.  

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3843011-college-football-ndsu-rolls-past-und-34-9-rival-game

You asked for it, you got it.

If dominating an inept offense with a leaky O-line and very young players at key skill positions makes Klieman all warm and fuzzy inside, then so be it. But you should have been dominant against our offense and you were. This remark was more about the media chatter about UND's defense, which actually has some talent and toughness on it after years of being Charmin-soft. If Klieman feels that insecure about the media not focusing entirely on his team, then he better brace himself for when the Bison play other playoff-caliber teams this season.

And as for feeling "all warm inside", you should feel that way if you read Wayne Nelson's column this morning:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3843114-wayne-nelson-bring-bison-again

Based on this perspective, we might as well throw in the towel right now because the mighty Bison will be ruling the roost forever and a day. But the fact is nothing lasts forever and the day is coming when NDSU loses to UND in the playoffs. And I'll be enjoying every minute. 

so you think when Klieman says:

“We wanted to prove that we were the best defense out there and we sure as heck did that,” NDSU coach Chris Klieman said.

he is "whining" and "low-class"? 

Found the picture on twitter of the ZA injury:

CPXfvks_Us_AA_ZH.jpg

Also, went to Bisonville to see if they had any comments yet.  They are laughing it off.  Unreal.  

that is absolute bull$%!#. We get the lecture here all week about UND being dirty.  That is dirty football right there. 

Ducked his head and and rolled up into the back of his knees.  That is the definition of a dirty play and players know that is off limits.  If don't know that you have no idea how the game is played.

A guy that played with me had a WR do that to him and tore his ACL.  There were NFL scouts at our practices looking at him up until that time and it ended his career.  

I have not seen the video, it would be great if you could post it.  The photo that was posted shows nothing.  It is a snapshot during a fast moving series of events, and none on of us can say from one photo if it is a dirty play.  Don't make accusations without some type of evidence, it makes you seem like a sore loser.

Edited by 2TRU4U

I have not seen the video, it would be great if you could post it.  The photo that was posted shows nothing.  It is a snapshot during a fast moving series of events, and none on of us can say from one photo if it is a dirty play.  Don't make accusations without some type of evidence, it makes you seem like a sore loser.

did you give that same lecture to the NDSU fans last week said UND would be dirty with nothing to back it up?  Didn't see anything from you than. That was a dirty play yesterday. 

At the sake of repeating myself for those NDSU tools here that frequently ride the short bus...........go. watch. the. replay. of. that. play.

To argue anything other than that was a bush league hit is pure ignorance.

• Upvote 1

Obviously, what was inherited was quite different. But, I think it's fair to bring up that NDSU's staff is in their second year together also.

Quite different? What was inherited was night and day different. One coaching staff was fired because they were incompetent whereas the other left willingly because they were doing so well. 

At first I thought the NDSU player fell and rolled up unintentionally on Arnell. After you posted I was curious so I watched the play a good 15 times, mostly in slow mo, I am now pissed. Arnell was barley moving so the whole bang bang play argument is out the window. This was a cheap chicken shlt play. He didn't even look back at the result of his "block" just trotted back like nothing happened. I hope we see them in the playoffs.

What people watch is their own prerogative.  I also care about FCS football, which is lower level football.  NDSU's lower level football success is not comparable to UND's division 1 hockey success.  That is all.

Remind me again, what's the most popular sport in the United States of America? How about the second most popular? 

Answer: not hockey

Relatively speaking, college hockey gets zero national coverage. Having a very good football and/or basketball program does way more for any NCAA institution, including FCS football. FCS football produces a medium for national coverage, and to just ignore that is completely short-sighted. NDSU's success in FCS football has produced a following that completely rivals UND hockey and its following. Failing to strive for excellence in terms of UND's FCS football program would be an absolute mistake. 

If you can't handle the truth regarding hockey and its following, turn your attention to Canada, because the last time I checked, UND is still south of the border.

• Upvote 2

Bush league?

Really?  Anything else to complain about.  Nothing malicious with that play.  Football is a physical sport and injuries happen.

if that happened to Carson Wentz you would be demanding a season long suspension of the UND player, Bubba, and all UND fans in the building. Just look how fired up Bison fans got on this board and BV on a comment Sic made about doing a gator ankle tackle. You sir are an enormous hypocrite, just excuse yourself back to BV and stay there.

I don't have the video. Maybe you can find it.  I watched the game on line and couldn't record it.  I did watch it live and the saw the replay right afterward and posted that it was an intent to injure at that time.  Not sure what other evidence you are looking for.

It has nothing to do with who won the game or being a sore loser.  It was a bad decision on a players part that broke another players leg.

Edited by Siouxperman8

I don't have the video. I watched the game on line and couldn't record it.  I did watch it live and the saw the replay right afterward and posted that it was an intent to injure at that time.  Not sure what other evidence you are looking for.

It has nothing to do with who won the game or being a sore loser.  It was a bad decision on a players part that broke another players leg.

It is amazing you can tell the intent of a player from a video board replay.  

In reality you can't. 

You're argument is the same as me saying I saw UND defenders punching our O-Linemen in the groin on the ground after the whistle was blown (that is as dirty as it gets).

Finally, someone tell Cole Reyes to take his hat off during the post game presser.  That is low-class sore loser action.

• Downvote 2

Link to said laughter?  Every thread I've seen on there is hoping for the best for the kid.

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?35868-GDT-NDSU-vs-UND/page29

No_Skill is online nowSenior MemberGets their mail at the West Parking Lotreputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_pos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png reputation_highpos.png

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. UND

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
So now the kid that broke his leg got hit by a cheap shot according to the geniuses at the HYB...Doh'kay!

I was waiting for that. Lol

Thanks for the negative vote, but I do hope that UND has success in FCS.  But FCS football is not all that impressive.  It's the honest truth.

Well a big chunk of D1 hockey isn't all that impressive.  UND just happens to be one of the good schools, but comparing hockey and football is really foolish. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1