SiouxSports.com Forum

Moo U Dumpster Fire Thread

geaux_sioux

2386019200000578-0-image-14_141701489887

lol I like the picture. My sister might not like it though!

As for ticket prices... The mmost expensive game at Notre Dame this year appears to be far and away the Texas game. Are Notre Dame and Texas rivals? No. 

This is a rivalry game. Just pointing out ttheticket prices can really fluctuate for multiple reasons.

This was posted over on Bisonville, you gotta love a sense of humor. This actually was pretty funny. Gave me a good laugh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post

It IS a trap. They've been planning this week all along, deep down in the bunker, since 2003 (or earlier). Roger Thomas is the brilliant mastermind behind it. The planning that has went into it is just amazing!

Here is a stolen copy of Roger's secret specific instructions:

1. Don't play the Bison............ until Bubba comes back.
2. Fight with the NCAA and get them to ban our nickname, so that NDSU doesn't know which nickname to do the "suck chant" to.
3. Let them win 4 straight national titles to become overconfident.
4. Make our own football team look as bad as they can in the years leading up to "The Game". (Note: a guy by the name of Mussman can help with that.)
5. Send down a poster to engage in "serious" and "respectful" banter the week before the game. (Don't worry, they'll fall for it.)
6. Go into the Fargo Dome and kick some Bison ass.
7. Hello Respect! Hello GameDay! 

It is so simple! I can't believe I didn't see it before now! facepalmpo2.gif

This is funny!  Very original.  ....a guy named Mussman can help you with that.

Muss was a joke.  The tragedy was the AD that let him keep his job 3-4 years longer than he should have.  I'm not saying we would be a top 10 FCS team, but it would have been nice to have been in the playoffs once or twice since we were eligible.  

Bubba has done a good job, but the hole he started in will still take a year or two.  This weekend will not be pretty.  Not sure the ag school will cover the spread, but I just don't see us keeping it within 2 scores.  Our offense will kill us.

Goid thing you haven't posted if you think this team is similar to a Mussman coached team. The defense is so much better and plays so much harder.  We would have had to score 40 vs Drake yesterday to win. 

Sorry - I meant the offense.  Yes, the defense is much better than Mussman's defenses.  But UND's offense is worse than most Mussman offenses.  Before Saturday I thought UND had finally turned the corner with the first FBS win.  I thought maybe they put together a respectable offense to go along with the good defense.  Now it looks like the same old inept offense as last season.  

Sorry - I meant the offense.  Yes, the defense is much better than Mussman's defenses.  But UND's offense is worse than most Mussman offenses.  Before Saturday I thought UND had finally turned the corner with the first FBS win.  I thought maybe they put together a respectable offense to go along with the good defense.  Now it looks like the same old inept offense as last season.  

When almost all the talented offensive skill players leave the team after Mussman was fired, that will take a few years to fix. Bubba and his staff had way more to work with on defense when they came in.

Muss was a joke.  The tragedy was the AD that let him keep his job 3-4 years longer than he should have.  I'm not saying we would be a top 10 FCS team, but it would have been nice to have been in the playoffs once or twice since we were eligible.  

While I don't disagree that a playoff appearance would have been nice, UND has only been eligible for the playoffs for 3 years.  Of the Dakota schools, the XDSU's each made it once in their first 3 years of being eligible and USD is tied with UND with no appearances.  USD had a two year headstart on their reboot and oddly enough the final nail in the coffin was likely UND's comeback in the final game of the 2011 season, which probably saved Muss's job (or earned him at least 1 extra year) and cost Meierkort his job.

When almost all the talented offensive skill players leave the team after Mussman was fired, that will take a few years to fix. Bubba and his staff had way more to work with on defense when they came in.

I agree with this.  In addition to talented offensive players leaving the program, Bubba put some athletic guys that could have played either way on the defensive side of the ball.  It will take more than one season to rebuild the offense.  I guess after the Wyoming game, I was getting greedy and thinking that maybe they pulled off a miracle and would be respectable this year.  After watching last Saturday, I think it's still a couple more years away.  The offensive line is a long way away I'm afraid and they're primarily playing two true freshmen at running back.  And put that together with a young QB and no true play makers at wide-out, and it's a recipe for disaster.

I dont' think the Drake D line was better than the Wyoming D line. D line was the strength of the Wyoming team. I am not saying Wyoming was a good team but there D line is not horrible compared to other FCS teams. I think the team took last saturday off mentally.

I agree with this.  In addition to talented offensive players leaving the program, Bubba put some athletic guys that could have played either way on the defensive side of the ball.  It will take more than one season to rebuild the offense.  I guess after the Wyoming game, I was getting greedy and thinking that maybe they pulled off a miracle and would be respectable this year.  After watching last Saturday, I think it's still a couple more years away.  The offensive line is a long way away I'm afraid and they're primarily playing two true freshmen at running back.  And put that together with a young QB and no true play makers at wide-out, and it's a recipe for disaster.

Missing Georges hurt the offense a lot. 

I dont' think the Drake D line was better than the Wyoming D line. D line was the strength of the Wyoming team. I am not saying Wyoming was a good team but there D line is not horrible compared to other FCS teams. I think the team took last saturday off mentally.

Missing Georges hurt the offense a lot. 

Wyoming is horrible (see Eastern Michigan game in week 2) and Clive Georges does not block nor run the ball 10+ times per game. Also, was Georges the one fumbling? No, that was the hopeless play of Santiago and Studsrud contributing to that. 

I do not think UND's offensive line is as good as it needs to be, or at least it wasn't against Drake. If the offensive line cannot establish the run, then the offense will sputter. Wyoming game may mean nothing if they are as bad as they appear to be. 

Wyoming is horrible (see Eastern Michigan game in week 2) and Clive Georges does not block nor run the ball 10+ times per game. Also, was Georges the one fumbling? No, that was the hopeless play of Santiago and Studsrud contributing to that. 

I do not think UND's offensive line is as good as it needs to be, or at least it wasn't against Drake. If the offensive line cannot establish the run, then the offense will sputter. Wyoming game may mean nothing if they are as bad as they appear to be. 

Wyoming was playing their 3rd string QB on Saturday. What happened to us when we had to put in our 3rd string last year?

Wyoming was playing their 3rd string QB on Saturday. What happened to us when we had to put in our 3rd string last year?

Well, Wyoming ran for 430 yards, so their offense must not have been affected too drastically.

Point is, Eastern Michigan went up and down the field against Wyoming's defense; EMU scored 48 points and amassed 506 yards. Wyoming is an absolutely horrible FBS squad this season, particularly on defense. I'm very happy that UND beat them, but it is what it is. Let's not make Wyoming out to be anything more than they are. This season, there are several Big Sky Conference teams that could play with Wyoming and probably defeat them. 

Just heard Chad Stark on 740am podcast.  The guy is almost 50 years old and sounds like the biggest rube/dork.  Expected a little more out of him being on a radio show.    

I listened to the interview.  I thought he did a good job.  what exactly did you wish to hear or expect from him?

I hope you're not upset about the little jab he took at UND... it was harmless.

While I don't disagree that a playoff appearance would have been nice, UND has only been eligible for the playoffs for 3 years.  Of the Dakota schools, the XDSU's each made it once in their first 3 years of being eligible and USD is tied with UND with no appearances.  USD had a two year headstart on their reboot and oddly enough the final nail in the coffin was likely UND's comeback in the final game of the 2011 season, which probably saved Muss's job (or earned him at least 1 extra year) and cost Meierkort his job.

Agreed.  Thought at the time that the comeback was the worst thing that could've happened.

Well, Wyoming ran for 430 yards, so their offense must not have been affected too drastically.

Point is, Eastern Michigan went up and down the field against Wyoming's defense; EMU scored 48 points and amassed 506 yards. Wyoming is an absolutely horrible FBS squad this season, particularly on defense. I'm very happy that UND beat them, but it is what it is. Let's not make Wyoming out to be anything more than they are. This season, there are several Big Sky Conference teams that could play with Wyoming and probably defeat them. 

I never said Wyoming was good. I don't believe it makes sense to think that the season is wrecked because WYO sucks. I still don't think the Drake D Line is better than WYO D line and I will stand by it. We did not show up on Saturday was all I was saying.