SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

are you questioning the validity of the North Dakota Courts public search?

Why does this need to be spread all over this board. The fact that a 20/21 year old kid got caught with weed or in other matters a 20 year old gets caught with alcohol. This kid just got caught. 80% of the college students do either one. He'll get his punishment and things will move on. He didn't hurt anybody. Let's not sit here on our ivory towers and point down on the kid. He's human and a normal young man. Granted he needs to keep his nose clean cause repeat offending is not going to have a positive result for him.

What I'm trying to say is give him a break and every other kid that gets a little off course.

I think you need only to check who is eagerly posting the info to have your answer.

Ultimately that's who I'm talking to, but our fans as well. I know it happens where our fans go on Bisonville to rag on them about NDSU players indiscretions. Granted people aren't going to listen but I feel better about calling them out for thier BS.

Anybody have any info on Molbergs recovery?

• Upvote 1

Ultimately that's who I'm talking to, but our fans as well. I know it happens where our fans go on Bisonville to rag on them about NDSU players indiscretions. Granted people aren't going to listen but I feel better about calling them out for thier BS.

Anybody have any info on Molbergs recovery?

He is doing well. Should be ready for summer workouts. Might be fine before end of spring ball but Therenis need to come back too soon . He spent a lot of time in film room last summer with Rudolph. I would expect same this summer and I would think he will be throwing before school is out. So far so good.

I'd say your EWU score would be a good guide line as they were the only good BSC team last year.

BisonDan--Didn't the herd beat Mont (or State, I forget which?) at home like 20-10 this past season? Assuming home field is worth 3 - 7 pts (Fargodome maybe even more?) that's a somewhat close game then is it not? So, did SU simply have a down day that game or did Mont/St simply have their best game of the season since you said EW is the only good team in the BSC? If EW was the only "good team" in the BSC surely SU on their home field would of blown out an avg or mediocre team I would think? Either way, something's not adding up.

BisonDan--Didn't the herd beat Mont (or State, I forget which?) at home like 20-10 this past season? Assuming home field is worth 3 - 7 pts (Fargodome maybe even more?) that's a somewhat close game then is it not? So, did SU simply have a down day that game or did Mont/St simply have their best game of the season since you said EW is the only good team in the BSC? If EW was the only "good team" in the BSC surely SU on their home field would of blown out an avg or mediocre team I would think? Either way, something's not adding up.

Okay let's use Missouri State.  MSU 38 UND 0   NDSU 45  MSU 10  both at Missouri.  How's that add up?

George thing is baseless.

Not his issue. Non-player issue.

So....nothing to see here.

The news just posted on Inforum 2 hours ago.

I predict a football career just went up in smoke.

Way to make the most of your second chance Clive.

Very disappointing, not the first impression you want to make.

On a somewhat related note, its interesting how Forum Communications seems to be so random on what they report on related to area colleges and athletes getting in trouble, regardless of severity or nature the violation.  Seems like that unless someone specifically spells it out on a message board, it doesn't make the paper.  Maybe they should check their own crime blotter now and then instead of relying on other people to do their work for them.

Actually it was on the Herald site already on Saturday.   No one is hiding anything.   Article says he's still on the team. http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3689948-und-football-player-arrested-marijuana-possession

I actually think it would be wrong to kick him off the team for this.  A Class B misdemeanor is the same level as a DUI, minor in possession, or a noise violation in North Dakota.  Couple this with the Grand Forks Police Department's wanton disregard to the 4th Amendment when it comes to UND students and I think this warrants internal team discipline vs dismissal.  

Actually it was on the Herald site already on Saturday.   No one is hiding anything.   Article says he's still on the team. http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/3689948-und-football-player-arrested-marijuana-possession

My point is the story is becoming a little less local.......more damaging to the program.

Serious question.  Does the Herald report stories like this on NDSU football players as the Forum did in this case?....does a  Herald/Forum relationship exist?

I actually think it would be wrong to kick him off the team for this.  A Class B misdemeanor is the same level as a DUI, minor in possession, or a noise violation in North Dakota.  Couple this with the Grand Forks Police Department's wanton disregard to the 4th Amendment when it comes to UND students and I think this warrants internal team discipline vs dismissal.  

Pot is way worse than alcohol.  Pot is a cancer for a team, it's illegal, and you must know a drug dealer or associate with people that deal drugs to get it.  All you need for some booze is a crappy fake ID or know a 21 year old buyer......

I hope it's dealt with cause I don't want to be hearing a pot story associated with UND football every few months.

• Upvote 1

So I guess we shouldn't expect any demands by our Bison trolls to have him kicked off the team for a Class B Misdemeanor.  Certainly not worse than a Class A misdemanor!! :)

My point is the story is becoming a little less local.......more damaging to the program.

Serious question.  Does the Herald report stories like this on NDSU football players as the Forum did in this case?....does a  Herald/Forum relationship exist?

They are owned by the same company (Forum Communications). There is an existing relationship there in regard to editorial sharing but that is limited. Each paper has a fair amount of content that they decide on in house and there are other instances where some space is held for regional stories of importance. I am not sure if this is one of those cases. There is also a looses relationship with advertising as well.

I used to be a GF Herald employee when I lived in GF.

How does it compare to indecent exposure, DUI, minor possession and petition fraud? Really I'd like to know especially with marijuana being legalized in other states (I understand it is illegal in North Dakota.)

Pot is way worse than alcohol.  Pot is a cancer for a team, it's illegal, and you must know a drug dealer or associate with people that deal drugs to get it.  All you need for some booze is a crappy fake ID or know a 21 year old buyer......

I hope it's dealt with cause I don't want to be hearing a pot story associated with UND football every few months.

Actually pot is for a variety of reasons, not even close to being as bad as alcohol.  Also, this is 2015, for all we know he could have stopped in Colorado (or Washington or Oregon) and legally bought a bag.  It's going to be legal in 10 years in this country and, it would be nice, if we as a society stopped ruining young people's lives over it.

• Upvote 2

Actually pot is for a variety of reasons, not even close to being as bad as alcohol.  Also, this is 2015, for all we know he could have stopped in Colorado (or Washington or Oregon) and legally bought a bag.  It's going to be legal in 10 years in this country and, it would be nice, if we as a society stopped ruining young people's lives over it.

Right-

Let's giggle our way into the playoffs. Sounds good.

How does it compare to indecent exposure, DUI, minor possession and petition fraud? Really I'd like to know especially with marijuana being legalized in other states (I understand it is illegal in North Dakota.)

In my opinion indecent exposure, DUI, and petition fraud are all worse.  Indecent exposure should result in being kicked off the team as it takes a pretty screwed up individual to expose yourself to underage girls in West Acres. DUI should result in a suspension for a couple games because it's a serious screw-up that can cost people their lives.  Petition fraud should also result in a suspension because it points to a lack of character and outright dishonesty that I think deserves a higher level of punishment.

I consider marijuana possession and minor in possession for people over 18 as crimes that really shouldn't be crimes anymore and are basically around as an excuse for municipalities to have more jobs in law enforcement. 

^^^^^^ This.  The solution is not to legalize it either.  The line in the sand, applicable to every school/team and which should be enforced rigidly and uniformly, should be "no drugs.  Period."