SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

Can we all agree that the current laws don't fit society anymore, and maybe never did?

As far as weed vs alcohol as drugs it's not even close. Alcohol has the worst and most dangerous withdrawals. Worse than heroin. It actually kills people. It can ruin your body. Yet not everyone who drinks ruins themselves because they do so in moderation. Is it crazy to think that a less harmful drug can be assimilated into society and eventually be used casually and responsibly? I personally don't think so. The big problem with weed is that, since it's illegal, you need to go through a drug dealer who, most likely sells other drugs too. The whole Reefer Madness ignorance and aditude and racially motivated laws need to become a thing of the past. It's too expensive to fight Nixons drug war and if you take a step back, it doesn't make sense. And I'm off my soapbox.

• Upvote 1

So I guess we shouldn't expect any demands by our Bison trolls to have him kicked off the team for a Class B Misdemeanor.  Certainly not worse than a Class A misdemanor!! :)

As a Poly Sci major who's smoked his share, I've got mixed feelings here.   I was no Jerry Garcia at UND, but hey, I still did it.   I feel Bubba has to suspend him for a couple games, just to keep other stuff from happening.   Really, a 2 or 3 game suspension is about right, with a stern word that next time it's way more serious, maybe permanent.   First offense, no big deal, just a violation of team rules.

Right-

Let's giggle our way into the playoffs. Sounds good.

OK and when Harvard comes out with studies showing it can aid in recovery from concussions and other head injuries, we should just ignore that?  Personally, I'd much rather have had a doctor prescribe a bag of weed for pain after my surgeries than have given me a bottle of Oxycontin. 

• Upvote 1

OK and when Harvard comes out with studies showing it can aid in recovery from concussions and other head injuries, we should just ignore that? Personally, I'd much rather have had a doctor prescribe a bag of weed for pain after my surgeries than have given me a bottle of Oxycontin.

Don't forget about the 6 year old girl who went from 100+ seizures a day to less than 6 a week by using a very low thc strain. It is a very flexible plant that offers many benifits that are legitimately medical.

OK and when Harvard comes out with studies showing it can aid in recovery from concussions and other head injuries, we should just ignore that?  Personally, I'd much rather have had a doctor prescribe a bag of weed for pain after my surgeries than have given me a bottle of Oxycontin.

Medical vs. recreational use. I am sure the 6 year old mentioned above was rolling joints, smoking it up. I am not against medical uses.

The big problem with weed is that, since it's illegal, you need to go through a drug dealer who, most likely sells other drugs too.

That sums it up.

. DUI should result in a suspension for a couple games because it's a serious screw-up that can cost people their lives. 

Unless of course you are a head coach of a UND team, in which case you get no suspension and you actually get to drive your players around drunk with no license. BRILLIANT, in the words of The Common Man.

Unless of course you are a head coach of a UND team, in which case you get no suspension and you actually get to drive your players around drunk with no license. BRILLIANT, in the words of The Common Man.

He was fired. You conveniently forgot to mention that.

He was fired. You conveniently forgot to mention that.

He was fired because he ran into a parked vehicle while drunk with students in his van. He was arrested for a DUI the summer before and not suspended for it. Instead, he was allowed to continue coaching and allowed to continue driving his players on road trips.

There was no choice that he was going to have to be fired. Don't give Faison any credit for that firing.

He was fired because he ran into a parked vehicle while drunk with students in his van. He was arrested for a DUI the summer before and not suspended for it. Instead, he was allowed to continue coaching and allowed to continue driving his players on road trips.

There was no choice that he was going to have to be fired. Don't give Faison any credit for that firing.

I forgot about the original DUI, my bad. Coaches shouldn't be getting DUI's.

Did NDSU fire their football coach who got a DUI right after being hired?

For every bad report or story their exists countless good ones- I will share some tidbits, not all inclusive.

We have a 258 lb. LB running in the 'fastest' training group, top 5. How teams plan on blocking Ratelle next year will be interesting.

Flowers has been looking good and could contend for some playing time at corner, he will be a Sophomore only.

Alex Reed and the safety Johnson are impressing coaches. Look for both to start. Both are running in the top group, along with Reyes.

Cox is crushing it in the weight room for the O line.

3 deep at nose with Woodsmall, Gopher kid who's name I can't spell, and Tank. Should be a good rotation.

I will butcher these names but Bakker and Disterhaupt are not only solid backup options at LB, but could be pushing for starting jobs.

Film study film study for the QBs, mum is the word on who's going to be the man come fall. Stay tuned.

Arrington said UND workouts and way harder than what they did at UAB.

Nate is going to update on twitter the results of testing this spring. He knows we enjoy the numbers and updates......

That was long, I've got the munchies.

• Upvote 3

For every bad report or story their exists countless good ones- I will share some tidbits, not all inclusive.

We have a 258 lb. LB running in the 'fastest' training group, top 5. How teams plan on blocking Ratelle next year will be interesting.

Flowers has been looking good and could contend for some playing time at corner, he will be a Sophomore only.

Alex Reed and the safety Johnson are impressing coaches. Look for both to start. Both are running in the top group, along with Reyes.

3 deep at nose with Woodsmall, Gopher kid who's name I can't spell, and Tank. Should be a good rotation.

I will butcher these names but Bakker and Disterhaupt are not only solid backup options at LB, but could be pushing for starting jobs.

Film study film study for the QBs, mum is the word on who's going to be the man come fall. Stay tuned.

Nate is going to update on twitter the results of testing this spring. He knows we enjoy the numbers and updates......

The tempo of Baukols workout is what makes them so hard. No time to catch your breath unless you're doing heavy squats or an Olympic lift. Eventually you stop getting out of breath.

Why would you even bring it up. I know of atleast one NDSU coach that got a DUI in the last five years and wasn't fired small suspension though. I only bring this up in hopes that you stop dragging crap like this up. MORON!

Thanks for the update pot head. I'm excited about Cox. We'll need him.

Cox isn't setting the bar for the o-line, neither is Francis as somebody mentioned earlier. I think Francis is still on the mend from his knee surgery anyway.

On another note, now that we know what happened with Phillip Nelson has anybody changed their mind on how he would fit in at UND?

I can see a lot good people doing exactly what he did.

Cox isn't setting the bar for the o-line, neither is Francis as somebody mentioned earlier. I think Francis is still on the mend from his knee surgery anyway.

On another note, now that we know what happened with Phillip Nelson has anybody changed their mind on how he would fit in at UND?

I can see a lot good people doing exactly what he did.

So who's setting the bar? Steiner? Miller? Stockwell?

My kid is but I'd rather have you talk to the strength people. Not to be an ass but 1 of the 3 you listed is clearly the weakest on the team. It seems that some of the posters on this site have some inside knowledge. Is that true or is everybody just doing their best guess? I always have respected Geaux Siouxs input.

My kid is but I'd rather have you talk to the strength people. Not to be an ass but 1 of the 3 you listed is clearly the weakest on the team. It seems that some of the posters on this site have some inside knowledge. Is that true or is everybody just doing their best guess? I always have respected Geaux Siouxs input.

A breakout year for an individual, really stepping up his game, ready to play with the big boys.......from the horses mouth. Maybe the goal and excitement is about getting guys to compete at the level your son is already at? A little context.

Actually pot is for a variety of reasons, not even close to being as bad as alcohol.  Also, this is 2015, for all we know he could have stopped in Colorado (or Washington or Oregon) and legally bought a bag.  It's going to be legal in 10 years in this country and, it would be nice, if we as a society stopped ruining young people's lives over it.

I agree with you on this.  However, just because it is legal (hypothetically) to use otherwise does not mean it will be an allowed substance in the NCAA or College Football Programs.  If the NCAA or UND/NDSU/UM/Whoever decides to ban it then the athletes need to follow the rules, regardless of the laws outside of sports.

I agree with you on this.  However, just because it is legal (hypothetically) to use otherwise does not mean it will be an allowed substance in the NCAA or College Football Programs.  If the NCAA or UND/NDSU/UM/Whoever decides to ban it then the athletes need to follow the rules, regardless of the laws outside of sports.

Yup. If the NCAA got the wild idea to ban acetaminophen (and tested for it) you'd better hope ibuprofen works for you.