SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

I'd say you're missing a squiggly number between the '$' and the '7'.

We'll see. I don't think it will get that bad but if it does so be it. I'm going to Fargo either way. I might pull a camper over there and throw a party watching it in the parking lot. Where are you guys going to watch it?

When I say decent, I mean. Something in the first 15 rows. I'm getting old and with a lot of pre-game festivities I don't like going up that many stairs. I also agree that the majority of Bison fans have wanted this game back for a long time. It's a great time, and it's great for the host city.

If you are able to get a ticket for this game for 75, then I would grab it quickly, no matter where the seat is.

There won't be single game tickets available in the first 15 rows.  You'll have to find somebody willing to give up season tickets.  I'm thinking it would take $200-300/ticket, possibly more.

There won't be single game tickets available in the first 15 rows.  You'll have to find somebody willing to give up season tickets.  I'm thinking it would take $200-300/ticket, possibly more.

But -  "its just another game.  Helps fill the schedule for 2015 and gets a start on 2019.  Good business decision.  That is all"....JJ.  

Why the high ticket price for just another game?

Single game tickets usually go on sale around the beginning of August.  There is occasionally tickets released once or twice during game week but those are usually returned allotments from the visiting team or the students and there likely won't be any coming back from either.  Tickets will be hard to get and a lot of people will be left out, but I will say that in the past few years, there has not been a single game I have not been able to help some relatives get a ticket to, including playoffs.  Haven't always been ideal seating, including SRO, but have never paid over face value.

That being said, this game is a completely different animal as demand will be absurd from both sides instead of just the home team.

UND's allotment is 500, which I believe is double what their opponents normally get.  Good luck getting one of those.

When I say decent, I mean. Something in the first 15 rows. I'm getting old and with a lot of pre-game festivities I don't like going up that many stairs. I also agree that the majority of Bison fans have wanted this game back for a long time. It's a great time, and it's great for the host city.

If you are able to get a ticket for this game for 75, then I would grab it quickly, no matter where the seat is.

Ah, that's understandable. Then you're right, you probably won't find a decent seat for under $200.

But -  "its just another game.  Helps fill the schedule for 2015 and gets a start on 2019.  Good business decision.  That is all"....JJ.  

Why the high ticket price for just another game?

You think that demand might spike up a bit simply because UND fans are looking for tickets? Demand for NDSU tickets among Bison fans could hardly be any higher than it has been for the last few years. All the single-game tickets sell out in 2 hours without UND on the schedule.

It won't be Bison fans driving up ticket prices for this game.

You think that demand might spike up a bit simply because UND fans are looking for tickets? Demand for NDSU tickets among Bison fans could hardly be any higher than it has been for the last few years. All the single-game tickets sell out in 2 hours without UND on the schedule.

blinders3.jpg

You think that demand might spike up a bit simply because UND fans are looking for tickets? Demand for NDSU tickets among Bison fans could hardly be any higher than it has been for the last few years. All the single-game tickets sell out in 2 hours without UND on the schedule.

It will be driven up by both sets of fans.

Plenty of folks, regardless of if they wanted this game or not, will be paying a premium because of the value they place on being there, not exclusively the value that many UND may be placing on getting in the door.

• Upvote 1

I'm blind? Other than student tickets, and students can be fickle regarding attendance at football games, there would be essentially no tickets available for Bison games with, or without, UND on the schedule.

Resale value would be sky high on the tickets even if you said no UND fans allowed in the building.

I'm blind? Other than student tickets, and students can be fickle regarding attendance at football games, there would be essentially no tickets available for Bison games with, or without, UND on the schedule.

How much do tickets sell for on craigs list, stub hub, etc., for games against SDSU and UNI?  I can guarantee a lot of ndsu fans will be paying prices for tickets for this game that, if it was a game against another school, they'd say "no thanks, I'll catch the next one."

It will be driven up by both sets of fans.

Plenty of folks, regardless of if they wanted this game or not, will be paying a premium because of the value they place on being there, not exclusively the value that many UND may be placing on getting in the door.

Demand for tickets among Bison fans could hardly be higher than it already is. The spike in demand that will occur for this game, particularly in the secondary market, will be almost entirely due to UND fans, and fence-sitters.

How much do tickets sell for on craigs list, stub hub, etc., for games against SDSU and UNI?  I can guarantee a lot of ndsu fans will be paying prices for tickets for this game that, if it was a game against another school, they'd say "no thanks, I'll catch the next one."

It's not unusual to see listings on StubHub for $200+. If you can find any at all.

Demand for tickets among Bison fans could hardly be higher than it already is. The spike in demand that will occur for this game, particularly in the secondary market, will be almost entirely due to UND fans, and fence-sitters.

The NDSU fans willingness to pay will spike for this game. Where NDSU fans will probably not pay a certain amount for the SDSU or UNI game, they would be willing to pay for this one.

Guaranteed. Take off the goggles and be honest with yourself.

• Upvote 3

It's just nonsense to say that demand among Bison fans will be appreciably higher for this game. For Christ's sake 20,000 bison fans routinely show in Frisco 1,000 miles from Fargo. 30,000 (estimated) followed them to Minneapolis to see them play the Gophers. All non-student single game tickets sell out basically as quickly as the ticket office can take the orders. Do you really think that those people need a game against UND to get them excited about Bison football?

It's just nonsense to say that demand among Bison fans will be appreciably higher for this game. For Christ's sake 20,000 bison fans routinely show in Frisco 1,000 miles from Fargo. 30,000 (estimated) followed them to Minneapolis to see them play the Gophers. All non-student single game tickets sell out basically as quickly as the ticket office can take the orders. Do you really think that those people need a game against UND to get them excited about Bison football?

Basically you are comparing this game with a national title game or a game with a team from the Big 10.  But it isn't an important game to NDSU fans.  Got it.

The NDSU fans willingness to pay will spike for this game. Where NDSU fans will probably not pay a certain amount for the SDSU or UNI game, they would be willing to pay for this one.

Guaranteed. Take off the goggles and be honest with yourself.

Nonsense.

It's just nonsense to say that demand among Bison fans will be appreciably higher for this game. For Christ's sake 20,000 bison fans routinely show in Frisco 1,000 miles from Fargo. 30,000 (estimated) followed them to Minneapolis to see them play the Gophers. All non-student single game tickets sell out basically as quickly as the ticket office can take the orders. Do you really think that those people need a game against UND to get them excited about Bison football?

So now it was 20,000 in Frisco? Number just keeps climbing.

Has nothing to do with being excited about football in general. Its being excited about that game.

Did you factor in the Concordia faction of your fan base?

Nonsense.

Which single game ticket will be priced highest this season by the NDSU ticket office?  Looking at the pricing for basketball tickets this year, the answer is pretty obvious.  I guess their plan is to gouge UND fans since NDSU fans have so little interest in this game?

How many times do we have to hear "this is not a rivalry game", or, "it's just another game"

Yes, UND fans will be driving up the cost, as will NDSU fans. NDSU fans want to see their team beat UND. Maybe.

It is THE hot ticket of the season

I think you're wrong. This game is going to be a major disappointment for UND fans expecting things to be like they were a dozen years ago. Things really have changed.