SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

I think you're wrong. This game is going to be a major disappointment for UND fans expecting things to be like they were a dozen years ago. Things really have changed.

If you are talking about the outcome, I think we all know UND will be massive underdogs.  The environment will be fun but no crazier than any other NDSU home game.  

How much is a single game ticket to an NDSU football game typically?

I think you're wrong. This game is going to be a major disappointment for UND fans expecting things to be like they were a dozen years ago. Things really have changed.

Whether you support the game or don't, you'll want to go. So will many ndsu fans. People selling tickets will be charging a premium because of the emotions that go with this game. Both sets of fans are going to get hammered purchasing on Craig's list. Not because UND fans want to go, but because this is an enormously popular game in general.

Basically you are comparing this game with a national title game or a game with a team from the Big 10.  But it isn't an important game to NDSU fans.  Got it.

I'm saying that NDSU fans have much more to be excited about than playing UND. This game just ain't a big deal compared to what Bison fans have experienced over the last few years and have come to expect. That's just the way it is...playing UND is a bore. 

I'm saying that NDSU fans have much more to be excited about than playing UND. This game just ain't a big deal compared to what Bison fans have experienced over the last few years and have come to expect. That's just the way it is...playing UND is a bore.

Biggest regular season home game probably ever.

I'm saying that NDSU fans have much more to be excited about than playing UND. This game just ain't a big deal compared to what Bison fans have experienced over the last few years and have come to expect. That's just the way it is...playing UND is a bore. 

Playing UND is a bore... that NDSU fans will be willing to pay several hundred dollars a seat to watch.  But they really have very little interest in watching the game.  NDSU fans just have a lot of extra money that they are willing to spend for something that they don't find interesting.  Got it.

Playing UND is a bore... that NDSU fans will be willing to pay several hundred dollars a seat to watch.  But they really have very little interest in watching the game.  NDSU fans just have a lot of extra money that they are willing to spend for something that they don't find interesting.  Got it.

No, very few tickets will actually change hands in the secondary market, and those that do will mostly go to UND fans and fence-sitters who aren't really fans of either team. Bison fans aren't beyond taking advantage of delusional UND fans. But most that have tickets will keeps theirs. So, there will actually end up being very few UND fans at the game, and very few tickets sold at an inflated price.

Biggest regular season home game probably ever.

Easily. All the years of hypothetical ass kicking come to fruition with a real one. We missed out on what would have been great games in 2006 and 2007. Other than those years the outcome would have been predictable. I think everyone basically knows what to expect from NDSU next season. It's not knowing what to expect from UND that will make this intriguing. The excitement is going to be palpable by fall camp no matter how much both sides will downplay it.

No, very few tickets will actually change hands in the secondary market, and those that do will mostly go to UND fans and fence-sitters who aren't really fans of either team. Bison fans aren't beyond taking advantage of delusional UND fans. But most that have tickets will keeps theirs. So, there will actually end up being very few UND fans at the game, and very few tickets sold at an inflated price.

Haven't we heard enough from this guy?  Forever? 

• Upvote 1

Easily. All the years of hypothetical ass kicking come to fruition with a real one. We missed out on what would have been great games in 2006 and 2007. Other than those years the outcome would have been predictable. I think everyone basically knows what to expect from NDSU next season. It's not knowing what to expect from UND that will make this intriguing. The excitement is going to be palpable by fall camp no matter how much both sides will downplay it.

Excitement for Bison football is always palpable by fall. This year will be no different.

What, you can't handle the truth?

I've talked to multiple good friends that are alum's of NDSU (everyone has their faults) and they are making the trip back for this game and are not concerned about the price of tickets, they will pay the market price.  They remember what the games were like when we were all in college and don't want to miss it.  The demand will come from both sides regardless of what you need to go proclaim on a non-rivals message board.

Of course most fans aren't going to sell their tickets.  10,000 tickets aren't going to be resold for the game.  People want to see the game too much.  But there are going to be plenty of tickets sold when people see the prices.  And both UND and NDSU fans will be trying to buy those tickets.  If NDSU were really as indifferent about this game as you are trying so hard to sell, then there would be thousands of tickets sold because people would look to pay for their season tickets by selling a game they don't care about.  Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

I'll be on the sideline with the team.  I doubt you are even connected to the NDSU program.  So, not worried one bit about what you think is the truth.

Well that's nice. But what in the world does that have to do with demand for tickets on the part of Bison fans?

Of course most fans aren't going to sell their tickets.  10,000 tickets aren't going to be resold for the game.  People want to see the game too much.  But there are going to be plenty of tickets sold when people see the prices.  And both UND and NDSU fans will be trying to buy those tickets.  If NDSU were really as indifferent about this game as you are trying so hard to sell, then there would be thousands of tickets sold because people would look to pay for their season tickets by selling a game they don't care about.  Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

No, I never said Bison fans would not want to go to the game. Of course they'll want to see the game ... they want to see the game no matter who NDSU plays. I'm just saying that the expectation that this game will be some gigantic event that NDSU people will pay anything to get into is just wrong. It truly will be just another game in the context of the whole season.

As I said, the spike in demand for ticket prices (if there is one) will be primarily because of the proximity of a large number UND fans to the Fargo area. That's what makes this game different. Not NDSU's enthusiasm for playing UND.

I think you're wrong. This game is going to be a major disappointment for UND fans expecting things to be like they were a dozen years ago. Things really have changed.

I am sure you said that before Indiana State beat you guys in the dome. That's why games are played on the field and not on paper which is all you can look at until September 19th.

No, I never said Bison fans would not want to go to the game. Of course they'll want to see the game ... they want to see the game no matter who NDSU plays. I'm just saying that the expectation that this game will be some gigantic event that NDSU people will pay anything to get into is just wrong. It truly will be just another game in the context of the whole season.

As I said, the spike in demand for ticket prices (if there is one) will be primarily because of the proximity of a large number UND fans to the Fargo area. That's what makes this game different. Not NDSU's enthusiasm for playing UND.

You can just keep telling yourself that this isn't a big deal, as you try to sell it on the "non-rival" forum.  Everything about you being here trying to sell this tripe proves just the opposite of what you keep posting.

• Upvote 2

If the BS you are spouting was true you wouldn't be on a UND message board.  

You can prove to everybody that this will be just another game by disappearing from this site for good and maybe kicking it up at the Incarnate Word or even the Weber State fan site.  You are up to 146 posts here, how many do you have on Weber State's fan board?