SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

Yup. 

I also worry about a "sophomore slump" from the staff. They put a lot of energy into last season. 

I'm not quite as worried about the energy of the staff, as much as the skill of our players. I feel like we have been waiting for the quarterbacks to live up to their potential since they were brought in, especially Mollberg, who was really hyped up. Hopefully this is a breakout year for him (or Bartels, or Studsrud), and hopefully Georges and Reed will stretch the field a bit. Our offense doesn't have to win us games, but it does need to keep us competitive and chew up the clock while our D dominates.

I'm not quite as worried about the energy of the staff, as much as the skill of our players. I feel like we have been waiting for the quarterbacks to live up to their potential since they were brought in, especially Mollberg, who was really hyped up. Hopefully this is a breakout year for him (or Bartels, or Studsrud), and hopefully Georges and Reed will stretch the field a bit. Our offense doesn't have to win us games, but it does need to keep us competitive and chew up the clock while our D dominates.

I agree.  no turnovers

• 2 weeks later...

http://siouxfb.areavoices.com/

"We are hearing UND will be getting a new sticker logo on their new helmets.  We have not seen it but have been told it will be slightly different than the current “ND” sticker that they have used forever."

I wonder what they are going to do to the helmet sticker?  One thing I did notice when the matte helmets came out is the current shiney sticker looked weird on it.  That could be it.  Or, they could be making it bigger on the helmet!  I guess we will wait and wee.....unless someone has some insider info!!

Interesting read about MSU's QB Dakota Prukop and OC Tim Cramsey.   Dakota had some pretty good stats last season.  But his stats didn't match up against us.  I am looking forward to his reception by our front 7 this year.

last year's stats: 

RUSHING           No.  Gain  Loss  Net  TD  Lg  Avg.                                                  

Dakota Prukop   11      21     39      -18     0  14    -1.6 

PASSING         Cmp-Att-Int  Yds  TD  Long  Sack 

Dakota Prukop   17-   24- 0    269    1    67        3 

Can we all agree that the current laws don't fit society anymore, and maybe never did?

As far as weed vs alcohol as drugs it's not even close. Alcohol has the worst and most dangerous withdrawals. Worse than heroin. It actually kills people. It can ruin your body. Yet not everyone who drinks ruins themselves because they do so in moderation. Is it crazy to think that a less harmful drug can be assimilated into society and eventually be used casually and responsibly? I personally don't think so. The big problem with weed is that, since it's illegal, you need to go through a drug dealer who, most likely sells other drugs too. The whole Reefer Madness ignorance and aditude and racially motivated laws need to become a thing of the past. It's too expensive to fight Nixons drug war and if you take a step back, it doesn't make sense. And I'm off my soapbox.

Well said

Alcohol isn't worse than heroin and it's not even close but I will agree that for most people it is worse than weed. The government just needs to legalize pot, tax the crap out of it and move on.

It depends on what you look at. Simply with wothdrawls alcohol is the worst by far. There's obviously more to it than that though.

The government just needs to legalize pot, tax the crap out of it and move on.

Only if the penalties for driving under the influence* and doing harm to another become (dare I say) predatory**.

* Pot, alcohol, or any illegal substance

** Before some of you rip on me, ask yourself: Was I in The Sicatoka's ride the night he was broadsided by a speeding drunk?

Only if the penalties for driving under the influence* and doing harm to another become (dare I say) predatory**.

* Pot, alcohol, or any illegal substance

** Before some of you rip on me, ask yourself: Was I in The Sicatoka's ride the night he was broadsided by a speeding drunk?

I agree the consequences for using and endangering others need to be harsh.  I met a guy a few month back who now has 9 DUI or DWI's and he was still driving a car after the 8th.  He needs prison time and a permanent loss of his drivers license.

Both are arrogant asses to be sure, but that doesn't mean it is not standard operating procedure. Here is another example... not apples to apples because both schools are FBS, but it's clear that coaches can and do do this across the country:

"Wes Lunt was the starting quarterback for Oklahoma State last season, but he decided to transfer due to poor communication regarding the quarterback situation, according to Joe Schad of ESPN.

Lunt's transfer options were extremely limited. According to Kerker, Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy wasn't going to allow him to play for a Big 12, Pac-12 or SEC school. He was also banned from playing for Southern Miss, which is now coached by Todd Monken, the former offensive coordinator for Oklahoma State."

Why don't we just go all the way and let coaches ban players from transferring to and playing for any other FBS school?  You play for us....or YOU DON'T PLAY AT ALL!!!  That is where we are headed if something isn't done about it.

Imagine the outrage if coaches were required to sign non-compete agreements with their respective schools!  They would be screaming "Restraint of Trade", "Tyranny" and whatever else they could come up with.  But if it's a student-athlete....it's "just fine".  No wonder those Northwestern student-athletes sued to start a union.

Is it too far fetched to think we can roll into Missoula 4-0 in big sky play?

UC Davis

at PSU

Idaho State

at Weber

Maybe a little. Honestly if our defense is as good or better, offense somewhat improved, and no dumb penalties then it's not out of the question. I'm really interested to see if they can quickly pick up the level of play of the last two games of the season. 

We should beat Davis and PSU. ISU will have a potent offense. I don't know much at all about Weber.

Is it too far fetched to think we can roll into Missoula 4-0 in big sky play?

2015 UND football schedule (via undsports.com)

Sep 05

Wyoming at Laramie, Wyo

Sep 12

Drake (50th Annual Potato Bowl USA) Grand Forks, N.D. 5:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m.

Grand Forks, N.D.

Sep 19

North Dakota State at Fargo, N.D. 2:30 p.m. 2:30 p.m.

at Fargo, N.D. Sat,

Sep 26

UC Davis (Family Weekend/Military Appreciation Day) * Grand Forks, N.D. 1:00 p.m. 1:00 p.m.

Grand Forks, N.D.

Oct 03

Portland State * at Portland, Ore. TBA TBA

at Portland, Ore.

Oct 10

Idaho State (Homecoming) * Grand Forks, N.D. 1:00 p.m. 1:00 p.m.

Grand Forks, N.D.

Oct 17

Weber State * at Ogden, Utah 7:00 p.m. 7:00 p.m.

at Ogden, Utah Sat,

Oct 24

Montana * at Missoula, Mont. 2:30 p.m. 2:30 p.m.

at Missoula, Mont. ROOT Sports Sat,

Oct 31

Montana State (Hall of Fame Game/Band Day) * Grand Forks, N.D. 1:00 p.m. 1:00 p.m.

Grand Forks, N.D.

Nov 14

Northern Colorado (Senior Day) * Grand Forks, N.D. 1:00 p.m. 1:00 p.m.

Grand Forks, N.D.

Nov 21

Cal Poly * at San Luis Obispo, Calif. 8:05 p.m. 8:05 p.m.

at San Luis Obispo, Calif.

Bold = Conference Games

The non-conference games, particularly Wyoming and North Dakota State, should toughen up the defense and provide valuable experience for the offense. Although UND will likely go 1-2 in non-conference play, the beginning portion of the conference schedule is quite a difference in terms of opponent difficulty and should offer up some wins. UND will have a legitimate shot at going 4-0 to start conference play, but it will take a couple quality efforts on the road, which is the big question mark at this point in time: how will UND football play on the road? In my opinion, UND will be real tough at home again, but the road games are definitely a toss-up.

Remember, UND football lost to a lowly SUU team last fall on the road, yet took a top-10 Montana to the wire in the Alerus. Point is, the combination of crowd noise and competent defense makes the Alerus Center a formidable place to play.

Road football games are toss-ups right now considering where UND football is at in year #2 of the Bubba era.