SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

Wonder what he had to do for him to get the number.... Or if the previous #10 wanted #2.

Walker wore 10; now he wears 2. Depending on how you look at it, he's wearing the same value. ;)

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

I wonder if he chose 10 for that reason (because he wanted value = 2); if he did, a tip of the cap to him! :D

Off topic but does this actually happen to people?

1 time back in college......never again. Thought she was Jessica Alba during the night......sigh. Talk about waking up disappointed.

Back on topic. I am assuming Olivera is having his shirt pulled, but how much can we really expect out of him?

gotta kick em out the same night, less to worry about in the morning.

Back on topic .... I need more football new. I'm way too pumped for football season right now.

Sask Roughriders are on ESPN3 tomorrow night. That might help a bit. Wonder if Hardin will dress since it's preseason?

1 time back in college......never again. Thought she was Jessica Alba during the night......sigh. Talk about waking up disappointed.

Back on topic. I am assuming Olivera is having his shirt pulled, but how much can we really expect out of him?

I suppose it happens to me about once a year, except it has to do with Notre Dame's football chances.

I am going to take a stab at the top six placements in the Big Sky for this season.

1) Montana  9-2 

2) EWU       8-3

3) UND        8-3

4) MSU       8-3

5) Cal Poly  7-4

6) NAZ        7-4

I think  Montana, EWU and UND tie for conference title with one loss each.

While I would like to see a 8-3 record as possible, I simply do not see it. I see us losing big to both Wyoming and NDSU and at least two maybe even three other games.

Although what you are saying is perhaps the most realistic, I think UND fans need to realize optimism is already perfectly okay in Bubba's year #2. Bubba has already established UND as having the best defensive unit/coaching/schemes in the Big Sky Conference. I mean, look what he did with the defense by comparing 2013 to 2014; basically all the same players, as well. Defense wins championships, and I think fans need to rally around the job that Bubba and Schmidty are doing and expect wins this season. Maybe not 8, but certainly 7 or 6.

Very excited about UND football's present direction!

• Upvote 2

Although what you are saying is perhaps the most realistic, I think UND fans need to realize optimism is already perfectly okay in Bubba's year #2. Bubba has already established UND as having the best defensive unit/coaching/schemes in the Big Sky Conference. I mean, look what he did with the defense by comparing 2013 to 2014; basically all the same players, as well. Defense wins championships, and I think fans need to rally around the job that Bubba and Schmidty are doing and expect wins this season. Maybe not 8, but certainly 7 or 6.

It will be an interesting chess match this season.  Other coaches/teams have had a chance to see the pressure defense we will be using and an entire off season to study film.  What adjustments do they make?

Coach Schweigert and Coach Schmidt have had an entire off season to stufy films on offenses and styles of offense they didn't see in the MVFC.  What adjustments will they make?  Will an offseason improve the talent level on our defense and allow us to show a few more wrinkles we didn't show last year?

I agree, Bubba worked a miracle getting Muss's players on the ball and having those players reach a level that wasn't there. Now with more of Bubba's players filtering in that defense isn't going to give up much, on the flip side our offense sputtered to get going thanks a lot to injury at the QB position which can cause an offense to collapse. Hopefully Mollberg is ready to go when Fall camp starts and we have the RB situation figured out I think the offense should be a lot better than last year.

While I would like to see a 8-3 record as possible, I simply do not see it. I see us losing big to both Wyoming and NDSU and at least two maybe even three other games.

I may have green colored glasses.  I agree Wyoming and NDSU will in all likelihood be losses.  Also Montana.  Cal Poly is going to get beat up early by a few teams and If the injury bug doesn't kill us.  Our defense should be quite strong at the end of the season.  I don't believe we will lose at home this season.  Offense will be much improved.  Call me optimistic, I believe we have a chance at the conference title with the schedule of the league.   

It will be an interesting chess match this season.  Other coaches/teams have had a chance to see the pressure defense we will be using and an entire off season to study film.  What adjustments do they make?

Coach Schweigert and Coach Schmidt have had an entire off season to stufy films on offenses and styles of offense they didn't see in the MVFC.  What adjustments will they make?  Will an offseason improve the talent level on our defense and allow us to show a few more wrinkles we didn't show last year?

Our defense will be bigger, faster and stronger than last year.  More depth to keep guys fresh.  One more CB and we are set.

Love the optimism here, and I think we all agree that our D will be our strength; but i need to see some answers on offense before I'm willing to state we have a shot at the conference title. Really hope that is the case though. We should learn alot in the first 3 week by how we compete with Wyoming and NDSU. It is essential that we are competitive and make those close games. This team really needs an FBS win to get some momentum, we have come close in the past, but it is time to win one.

Very excited for the season to start!

Love the optimism here, and I think we all agree that our D will be our strength; but i need to see some answers on offense before I'm willing to state we have a shot at the conference title. 

Yup. 

I also worry about a "sophomore slump" from the staff. They put a lot of energy into last season. 

Yup. 

I also worry about a "sophomore slump" from the staff. They put a lot of energy into last season. 

I sense that the energy level isn't going down any, though, plus they're getting a running start into the season this year, with more of their own recruits and a spring practice season under their belt.

Walker wore 10; now he wears 2. Depending on how you look at it, he's wearing the same value. ;)

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

I wonder if he chose 10 for that reason (because he wanted value = 2); if he did, a tip of the cap to him! :D

11 Cheers for Binary!!!