SiouxSports.com Forum

2015 season

darell1976

Part of the problem I see with the passing defense is our lack of depth at corner. We are dreadfully thin there and an injury or two could have us hurting quite a bit. 

I see the run defense being top 5 still and if the secondary stays healthy, I think we see an improvement in scoring defense. Some of that could be aided by an improvement of the offense. If the offense can find a way to consistently run the ball for an entire season, the defensive numbers will show improvement. 

I don't think the pass defense was as bad as the ranking. Certain teams just gave up running the ball on us so they aired it out in the 2nd pass.

I will go top 5 in nation in run. Top 25 in pass and top 5 overall

I think that is being pretty optimistic!!  Going from 99 in the pass to 25 is quite the leap.  I'd be happy if we moved up to 50 in pass, that would be a big improvement.  Also, I think we will be a top 10 rush defense and certainly could be in the top 5 again.  However like people have mentioned, our run defense was tough and we were weak in pass defense so people gave up running the ball.  So yes we were top 5 in run last year, but we were number 5 not number 1.  So given the amount of teams getting in the top 5 is pretty impressive so I wouldn't bank on top 5 again this year as a guarantee.  Especially if our pass defense is a little better people will run the ball more it would be easy to slip down to 6 or 7, but that is still pretty good!  And top 5 in total defense....wow to me that is super optimistic in my opinion.  It was awesome watching the run defense shut people down last year though, I'm looking forward to more of that.  Teams might be a little more prepared for our defense next year as it's the second time around. 

When we develop the Sack Attack of old there won't be as many well-thrown balls making their way down the field. As Bubba said the opposing quarterback's mother is going to be the second most stressed-out person in the building (with her son being the first).  

• Upvote 1

I remember watch a couple games last year when injuries were taking a toll. Woodsmall was out and the front 7 were tired and the 2 deep was thin.  trying to get the guys a rest was not easy.   this year more depth, strength and size will be better.  I believe the offense will have much better the TOP.  I enjoyed hearing on your feet it is 3 and long.  I believe we will hear this quite often the year and more interceptions and pass breakups.  

91 days until Wyoming!!! With this crappy weather so far (cold and rainy) it might as well be fall.

Rainy and flooding along the front range of Colorado.

They haven't announced a time yet. Hope its an early evening game.

Rainy and flooding along the front range of Colorado.

They haven't announced a time yet. Hope its an early evening game.

91 days until Wyoming!!! With this crappy weather so far (cold and rainy) it might as well be fall.

Beautiful (for now) in Breckenridge. I can't wait to make the 3 hour drive north for this game!

I don't think the pass defense was as bad as the ranking. Certain teams just gave up running the ball on us so they aired it out in the 2nd pass.

I will go top 5 in nation in run. Top 25 in pass and top 5 overall

I hope you are right last year we couldn't stop a third and long to save our souls. 

Has anyone heard how Molberg's injury rehab is going?

Worked out in DL over Memorial Weekend. Moved well can make all the throws. Continues to strengthen and rehab but can participate in summer workouts and will be ready for fall camp.

• Upvote 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Fz5H85a0I

Wish we could have a player like Dresser on this team. On another note, would Freund be our starter if he was on this team? I am guessing yes but he was up against D2 competition. And finally I wish we would have never left those jerseys. They were a good look in my opinion.

I noticed a lot of our offensive linemen are listed well over 300 pounds, too.

Yes, they are. Coach Knauf and Coach Baukol have done good work with that group in terms of weight. Now let's see how it translates to the field in terms of blocking ability.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Fz5H85a0I

Wish we could have a player like Dresser on this team. On another note, would Freund be our starter if he was on this team? I am guessing yes but he was up against D2 competition. And finally I wish we would have never left those jerseys. They were a good look in my opinion.

Right now, this years version of Danny Freund, he would start. He's still in great shape and still throws a perfect ball.

Fun watching that video........Dressler = Class Act     It was fun watching our defense shut the run down last year, but it will be nice when our offense is actually fun to watch again and can make some big plays.  

Trivial off season stuff: Looks like new FBS transfer Daquan Baker will sport #10 this year for UND. WR Brandon Walker, the former owner of that number, will be #2.

Wonder what he had to do for him to get the number.... Or if the previous #10 wanted #2.