SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

10 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Someone needs to tell the announcer to tone down and shorten the “aaaaaaaaawwwwww…………………… it’s 3rd down….  Or stop it all together. By the time he finishes there is little time for fans to crank up crowd noise. 

Why do we need to wait until he finishes to "crank up crowd noise"?

Although I would prefer.  "the Defense is on the field get off your Butts and yell" and not wait for 3rd down.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Why do we need to wait until he finishes to "crank up crowd noise"?

Although I would prefer.  "the Defense is on the field get off your Butts and yell" and not wait for 3rd down.

You are correct. The announcer is ok.  He didn’t used to drag it out which has become abrasive. Just my opinion. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Someone needs to tell the announcer to tone down and shorten the “aaaaaaaaawwwwww…………………… it’s 3rd down….  Or stop it all together. By the time he finishes there is little time for fans to crank up crowd noise. 

This probably one of the worst takes on here

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Anyone have more details on the roof deck that was mentioned??

I'm just guessing.  But if they are already working on the suites and press box, maybe they are reinforcing the roof to the suites along the entire sideline?  Maybe this would allow them to have a new ticketed space up there, or additional media could go up there, allowing the bridge decks to be opened up 100% percent again as they used to be?  

22 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Yeah, I can’t agree with this. Need as much prompting as possible for the lazy fans. In fact, fans should be up making noise the entire time the defense is on the field, not just third down. 

18 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yeah, I can’t agree with this. Need as much prompting as possible for the lazy fans. In fact, fans should be up making noise the entire time the defense is on the field, not just third down. 

I have no issue with anything other than the beginning is too drawn out. Maybe just getting too old but I don’t like screaming into the microphone. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, iramurphy said:

I have no issue with anything other than the beginning is too drawn out. Maybe just getting too old but I don’t like screaming into the microphone. 

I understand what ira is saying. The announcer starts it with like 30 seconds on the play clock even when the offense is still in the huddle and he ends up running out of breath/steam by the time they are even thinking of hiking the ball.  I usually am standing, but don't start making noise until their offense is getting close to snapping. Maybe he can say something right away, then start in later on something 

On 12/2/2022 at 9:37 AM, forksandspoons said:

Anyone have more details on the roof deck that was mentioned??

Bump.  Does anyone have a better idea of what's planned?  Pretty sure the meetings are public.  Here's a tidbit from the Sept Commission meeting notes:

https://www.grandforksgov.com/home/showpublisheddocument/45842/638040373690100000

"Suite remodel is out for bid and there will be a walk through later today. This will be more of a cosmetic upgrade of flooring, counters, seating. The upper-level press box area is an alternate in the bid and will be converted into more of a suite environment and be the new 400 level. Bids open November 10 which will not be available for the next F&R but for the next Commission meeting. He also discussed the new metal detectors for entrance 1 that we are looking to purchase next year."

No mention of whatever the roof deck is though.  

19 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Bump.  Does anyone have a better idea of what's planned?  Pretty sure the meetings are public.  Here's a tidbit from the Sept Commission meeting notes:

https://www.grandforksgov.com/home/showpublisheddocument/45842/638040373690100000

"Suite remodel is out for bid and there will be a walk through later today. This will be more of a cosmetic upgrade of flooring, counters, seating. The upper-level press box area is an alternate in the bid and will be converted into more of a suite environment and be the new 400 level. Bids open November 10 which will not be available for the next F&R but for the next Commission meeting. He also discussed the new metal detectors for entrance 1 that we are looking to purchase next year."

No mention of whatever the roof deck is though.  

I’m guessing the roof deck isn’t what you’re thinking/hoping it is.  A39749BA-AA49-499C-BEEE-8BA4A36D71A7.thumb.jpeg.53649881db2a5d5d1a2a668884375e96.jpeg

On 12/2/2022 at 8:03 PM, iramurphy said:

I agree. You used to be able to hear how he finished the sentence. Now I hear about the first word and the rest is covered by people cheering/screaming/clapping. I prefer how he did it in the good old days. 

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...

We need to keep the students in their seats the entire game!

Not quite sure how to do that, but maybe some type of "Hawk Squad/Cheer Squad" to be led by the student section? or led by a Student Pep Squad??

Incentives to keep the students in their seats, maybe more "Bubba Bucks" or other prizes for sticking out the entire game?

49 minutes ago, Long Snapper 92 said:

We need to keep the students in their seats the entire game!

Not quite sure how to do that, but maybe some type of "Hawk Squad/Cheer Squad" to be led by the student section? or led by a Student Pep Squad??

Incentives to keep the students in their seats, maybe more "Bubba Bucks" or other prizes for sticking out the entire game?

21+ student seating section.  No reason to prevent someone, who is of age, from having a beer in their seat.

Would help to get students in the door who would otherwise tailgate and go home.  

• Upvote 1