SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

1 hour ago, ibleedgreen said:

It's probably already been mentioned here and I'm too lazy to find it but TicketMaster has 'PRC' seats in the South endzone? Is that just SRO? 

You're right!  Literally pages and pages of discussion not too far back.  To answer your question, it's no longer standing room as you may remember it.  They converted that area to "club" seating, so you would be paying for a barstool along the rail that is reserved specifically for you.  You will not need to compete for space with anyone along the rail. 

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

initially the alerus football field was gonna be below grade...but the flood changed that...with our dyke system can/could the alerus now dig down if they wanted/needed to?

Angle of seating to field means field gets narrower (or you can't see full width of field). 

In a word ...

Nope. 

And they want that floor at the plane it's at in case the unspeakable happens again so they'll have high, covered, dry space for staging or shelter. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I sure hope Chaves and Martinson get an earful this weekend from alumni about the end zone debacle!!! 

My prediction is that the catwalk is actually going to be fuller than usual this weekend. And it’s going to be all the Alumni around this weekend.  Martinson is going to purposely give them those spots to make his point and say “see people use it” And not care about the fans that don’t have deep pockets that love to support the team. 

59 minutes ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

My prediction is that the catwalk is actually going to be fuller than usual this weekend. And it’s going to be all the Alumni around this weekend.  Martinson is going to purposely give them those spots to make his point and say “see people use it” And not care about the fans that don’t have deep pockets that love to support the team. 

They can actually fill it now because they finally decided to lower the prices to $50 because the $800 season tickets didn’t sell….. if only season ticket holders would have known this when renewing their tickets!

2 hours ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

What about opposing media

13 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

The answer to the thread question is.....a win tomorrow.  Otherwise this fan base is looking at another season of mediocrity and poor attendance moving forward.

I've said from the beginning of this question ... 

W's. 

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I've said from the beginning of this question ... 

W's. 

I’ve said from the beginning of time …

Change the culture of DI UND football … start expecting wins rather than hoping for wins. Not anywhere close to that with Bubba at this time. 

“hoping for wins” doesn’t fill the Alerus. UND thinking about how to enhance the REA 99.99% of the time rather than the Alerus game day experience is another issue …

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I’ve said from the beginning of time …

Change the culture of DI UND football … start expecting wins rather than hoping for wins. Not anywhere close to that with Bubba at this time. 

“hoping for wins” doesn’t fill the Alerus. UND thinking about how to enhance the REA 99.99% of the time rather than the Alerus game day experience is another issue …

Nope.
I was with you to the lined out part.
That's just an excuse. 

Control what's yours to control -> Does the team believe Bubba expects to, and expects them, to win today. Nothing else matters. Nothing. 

1 minute ago, Mama Sue said:

How about food trucks, give aways like water bottles, a pre-game food happy hour at concessions, roving reporters for social media posts… is this something a marketing person could figure out? 
need game day hype, IMHO

or just get Molly Yeh to "MC" the tailgating and the in game stuff and you'll have every white chick in her 30's dragging their husbands and kids to the game forthe chance of "slipping" her their world famous mac and cheese recipe

I know it has been mentioned before but I just got back from my first game of the season.  It was an exciting game - however the loud and incessant music piped in is almost a deal breaker.  Between every snap and right up to the play starting.  Most of it is loud techno-pop.  No one in my section could stand it.  I am not familiar with what other teams are doing - is this common or an Alerus Special?  The sound is just brutal and at times drowned out the PA announcer and crowd noise.  The band, when they got to play, was great.  Who is responsible for this?

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

So adjustments have been made, there is seating across the whole catwalk on one of the sides. Media fills up most of the one side still. 

It's the same as it's been for the last year.

Nothing has changed.

Seats on one end to make walking around more difficult. 

And a ugly blackout curtain for "new media section" so people can't see the field from that side....media doesn't need a curtain or a new section because it worked perfectly fine for the past 20 years.

And basically nobody sitting on either end.

Yet people are still standing behind the rope trying to still watch the games from the catwalk. Further making it more difficult to walk.

There's like zero positives to the whole thing.

• Like 1