SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

A few years ago some of the service clubs were hired to do the concession sales and the money went for their charitable programs 

They still do but I believe you must be 18 in order to work (so youth groups are out) and you must have a valid certificate from the City of GF to serve any sort of alcohol. 

I watched the Missouri St. game replaying on Midco last night.  (I missed it because I was in Maine that day, so I only ever saw highlights.)  I did notice that there is a lot of noise from the band and music from the speakers when UND is on offense.  While it seems like this would be detrimental to our offense, if Bubba was upset about it, don't you think he would have stopped it by now?  Maybe the coaches like to challenge themselves during a real-game scenario to mimic playing in a hostile road environment??  Or maybe Bubba can't hear at his age?!  Anyway, playing at the Alerus as NOT been detrimental, so why screw up a good thing?

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

I watched the Missouri St. game replaying on Midco last night.  (I missed it because I was in Maine that day, so I only ever saw highlights.)  I did notice that there is a lot of noise from the band and music from the speakers when UND is on offense.  While it seems like this would be detrimental to our offense, if Bubba was upset about it, don't you think he would have stopped it by now?  Maybe the coaches like to challenge themselves during a real-game scenario to mimic playing in a hostile road environment??  Or maybe Bubba can't hear at his age?!  Anyway, playing at the Alerus as NOT been detrimental, so why screw up a good thing?

Maybe it doesn’t make a difference and people just like to bitch about something.

• Upvote 4

23 hours ago, jdub27 said:

They still do but I believe you must be 18 in order to work (so youth groups are out) and you must have a valid certificate from the City of GF to serve any sort of alcohol. 

That makes it tough 

I don’t go there for alcohol anyway

23 hours ago, Dustin said:

The speakers are above and aimed at the crowd. I wonder if it's really not that loud once you're out in the middle of the field. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Turn off the mic in front of the band and turn down the speakers in general. They kept leaving the band mic on, piping in a couple kids screaming the whole time. 

i kept wondering what i was hearing at times....also took em 5 minutes of game time to finally turn off the lights directed in the stands....

same old sh939394tnnkjda with the alerus....

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i kept wondering what i was hearing at times....also took em 5 minutes of game time to finally turn off the lights directed in the stands....

same old sh939394tnnkjda with the alerus....

Many areas that can be improved still, no doubt.

Laziness and ineptitude continues to be a concern. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

If so, it was dirty. Regardless, it was annoying. The ref also had to get someone from facilities to tell the band to stop playing earlier before each snap. 

Yep, the band antics are cringeworthy. But not as cringeworthy as the overall lapses the Alerus Center puts forth. Completely amateur at best. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yep, the band antics are cringeworthy. But not as cringeworthy as the overall lapses the Alerus Center puts forth. Completely amateur at best. 

I have had my current season tickets for 10+ years.  The Alerus sound system has always sucked, the coordination of the video/audio during the entrance has nearly always been terrible.  The coordination of mic's during the game.. refs mic's etc has always been terrible.  When you compare what we do to the operation down south and many other competent FCS level organizations its a mickey mouse operation at the Alerus.  If I was that bad at my job I would get fired.. I really dont understand how they cant fix it year after year.

As a venue.. I generally like the Alerus and dont have many of the complaints that I have heard others voice.. I think our video boards are good.. and our section has a great time.  I think its a good place to watch the game.. the beers are $9 but you can get one quickly and its a pretty rare place that they arent $9 anymore.  The rest of the problems are very fixable and I dont know if its an Alerus problem or a UND Sports problem but its really a bad look.

3 hours ago, wheelsup said:

I have had my current season tickets for 10+ years.  The Alerus sound system has always sucked, the coordination of the video/audio during the entrance has nearly always been terrible.  The coordination of mic's during the game.. refs mic's etc has always been terrible.  When you compare what we do to the operation down south and many other competent FCS level organizations its a mickey mouse operation at the Alerus.  If I was that bad at my job I would get fired.. I really dont understand how they cant fix it year after year.

As a venue.. I generally like the Alerus and dont have many of the complaints that I have heard others voice.. I think our video boards are good.. and our section has a great time.  I think its a good place to watch the game.. the beers are $9 but you can get one quickly and its a pretty rare place that they arent $9 anymore.  The rest of the problems are very fixable and I dont know if its an Alerus problem or a UND Sports problem but its really a bad look.

Need someone in charge who both likes their job and is good at it. It’s hard to find that for the Alerus Center in the context of football production/entertainment. 

UND and the Alerus Center need to put their money where their mouth is and get it done, but ultimately, they just don’t seem to care. They have no pride and are fine half-assing everything. But, when it comes to REA, UND and hockey … good lord

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

How do you find such obscure information. 

Ha.  Kinda embarrassing but on my desktop I don't have a basic internet icon.  Instead I have icons that are links to sioux sports or different news or procurement web pages.  I click a random one each time I need to use the internet, look to see if there's anything interesting, then I go to my email or whatever web page it was that I was actually intending to visit.

Not a good habit.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Ha.  Kinda embarrassing but on my desktop I don't have a basic internet icon.  Instead I have icons that are links to sioux sports or different news or procurement web pages.  I click a random one each time I need to use the internet, look to see if there's anything interesting, then I go to my email or whatever web page it was that I was actually intending to visit.

Not a good habit.

So your desktop is covered with rabbit holes to go down! Brilliant! :D