SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

38 minutes ago, Irish said:

Why yes there are.  Anything to get away from that loud rap/technopop crap they play - it doesn't fire anyone up and is super annoying.  Give me the bagpipes or anything else.   

The music is chosen by the team.  I would bet that the "loud rap/technopop crap they play" is most definitely pumping up the players.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/4/2023 at 3:19 PM, wheelsup said:

This to me is the entire issue..  I dont really think I should have to call someone to say

• hey.. do you think we could have a decent amount of new UND football merchandise at the UND football game.  Fans might be interested in buying some inside the stadium and not have to go over to the UND bookstore or Hockey Arena to get some gear.  By the way I dont care if they sell a single shirt.. its more of an image thing.  Ive had multiple friends/family members/alumni come to the games with me and comment on the lack of ability to buy merch at the game so I would guess they would sell a shirt or two.
  • hey.. new idea for you.. at the football game would it be possible to make sure the PA system worked well enough so that I can hear what the ref is saying when he/she makes the call after replay etc?
  • hey... it would be really fun to be able to see the stats on scoreboard during the game.. you know like you can at every other college football game and even some high school football games these days

These "ideas" seem like no brainers to me.. entry level marketing type stuff (Ive heard we have a good business school).  When I hear someone say that it was supposed to work, but it didnt, it really seems like an entry level effort.. not a Division 1 athletics effort.  This is one of the areas I tend to agree a bit with UND-FB-FAN.. its an attention to detail thing.. its an image thing.. its an effort thing.  If they can figure it out at concordia or the other school close by we should be able to figure it out in Grand Forks.

hmmm.

34 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Not a bad review but nothing in there proves they were actually onsite vs just finding info on the Internet and rewriting it. 

12 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

AI write up in my mind.  Did they miss $70 single game for NDSU game?

Yeah I highly doubt anyone was there recently.  Stadium Journey went to crap once it was bought out by a larger company a few years ago.  Also: "The seating bowl area is a testament to the great history of North Dakota football, as banners above it salute the 26 championship seasons the team has enjoyed. "

speaking of the irish..............could we have a "winterland" chant that they like over there...like the one they use for conner mcgregor

"bizons..........are you listening, bizons......... keep your combines glistening, the fighting sioux are coming for you, they'll do you in 4, walking in a sioux wonderland."

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

speaking of the irish..............could we have a "winterland" chant that they like over there...like the one they use for conner mcgregor

"bizons..........are you listening, bizons......... keep your combines glistening, the fighting sioux are coming for you, they'll do you in 4, walking in a sioux wonderland."

So do you do fries at Mickie D's

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

(To the tune of Winter Wonderland, 1934)
Theeeres Only ONNNNNNEEE North Dakota
ONE. North Dakota.
We're walking along
Singing it's song
Walking in a North Dakota Wonderland.

I always thought in Nort Dakota the verse went "Valking in a Vinter Vonderland".

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

using those matrix how did we ever have the name fighting sioux?

There were several Norwegian names offered, but a consulting company from the East Coast could not see the connection. Berserkers was my favorite.

• Upvote 1

the alerus had two windows in the main entrance for will call and whatever......and two windows for general admission......and about 5 closed windows but they had about 6 employees standing around the area with the metal detectors....took about 15 minutes to buy my tix (not bad time but still not great)

and still with 6 employees watching for bad guys i walked over to the the black rope thingy by the atm and pulled it back 2 feet and slipped right thru and had my tix scanned in about 90 seconds...

crazy-blind.gif

23 minutes ago, Irish said:

Game experience was markedly better - music was loud but not too loud and the selection seemed to get the crowd into it.  Halftime was great.  I talked to a few friends after last week and all said the blaring music last week was very annoying.  Nice to see some adjustments.  A great game experience yesterday.

Good atmosphere yesterday. They figured out the issue with the stats and that was on the big board as well.

I may have changed my tune a bit on the songs between plays, there were a big group of kids behind me that sang every song word for word. Kept them into the game and having fun.

I still think the intro needs some work. We need an entrance song and it needs to cut to the doors of the locker room opening and Bubba leading the guys out. Hate to say it, but NDSU does this perfectly.

• Upvote 2