SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

4 hours ago, Irish said:

I know it has been mentioned before but I just got back from my first game of the season.  It was an exciting game - however the loud and incessant music piped in is almost a deal breaker.  Between every snap and right up to the play starting.  Most of it is loud techno-pop.  No one in my section could stand it.  I am not familiar with what other teams are doing - is this common or an Alerus Special?  The sound is just brutal and at times drowned out the PA announcer and crowd noise.  The band, when they got to play, was great.  Who is responsible for this?

Same for me as well...no one I know can understand the constant need to keep playing music when UND is on offense...it is inexcusable!   It is basic football 101...if you even make a whisper down in the dome when NDSU is on offense, I think they kick you out!  Need to cleanmthis crap up....cost us a time out 2 weeks ago, and damn near cost us one again today!

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

They are playing music between plays. Settle down.  Go for a walk or something.  

The opposing fans are complaining that their stadium DOESN'T do it.

Because every game needs more loud techno-pop between downs.  

30 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Also if the team was complaining I think they would say something but maybe they have? It doesn't seem like it has effected outlr homefield effectiveness where we have a strong record recently.

32 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I guess when I attend a game, I would like to hear what the call on the field is, or the refs call, and not some stupid crap being played over the top of it...but, hey, I guess the alerus is better for concerts than football, anyway

18 minutes ago, 1972 said:

I guess when I attend a game, I would like to hear what the call on the field is, or the refs call, and not some stupid crap being played over the top of it...but, hey, I guess the alerus is better for concerts than football, anyway

Sucks to be you then. The rest of us had a great time.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND1983 said:

My opinion is music should not be played in a football stadium regardless of who is on offense. Probably in the minority on this concern. 

More band is always the answer.

I'm curious if the reason UND insists on monetizing the bridge deck is because the REA agreement allows them to retain 100% of Alerus Center "club" seat ticket revenue, rather than only the 48% that they get to keep from traditional seats.  So say UND charges double for bridge deck tickets, they would actually net 4 times the revenue of a traditional seat (instead of double).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The music wasn’t the problem. Don’t act like you’re 90 (although you may be). The issue in my opinion is how close the damn band plays the music to the snap, even UND has the ball.

At one point, it appeared UND was trying to go up-tempo, and couldn't because the band was still playing away like they were still in the homecoming parade

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

The music wasn’t the problem. Don’t act like you’re 90 (although you may be). The issue in my opinion is how close the damn band plays the music to the snap, even UND has the ball.

You realize on most plays Tommy literally says nothing, right?  This isn't 1985 guys.  

12 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I thought you knew football … would be nice to have the option of verbal communication on the field when you’re at “home” … 

They...don't....use...it....though....????? 

It would be nice to have Hardin back too, while we're at it.  

28 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

They...don't....use...it....though....????? 

It would be nice to have Hardin back too, while we're at it.  

I get what you’re saying, but having options, especially on your own home field, is a good thing. 

Ultimately, UND is 18-1 at home since 2018. Yet, can’t sell out the Alerus?

Either the road losses are killing attendance or there still are issues with game day production/seating? 

- honestly, it’s a little of both. 

• Upvote 3