SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

28 minutes ago, N of GF said:

:ohmy: :lol:

LOL. You guys have worn me down. I'm done with this one.

For the record, I do not currently, nor have I ever in my life identified as a person named Eric, nor have I ever been an employee of Alerus, or any of its subsidiaries, or sports arenas bearing its name.

Are you related to Eric?

31 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

You seem fun.

Because I said that the whole argument is dumb, and that I don't get the appeal of seeing an old lady take a sip of beer, but the people screeching about it sending a bad message are out of touch with reality? In other words, "Not my thing, but whatever. You have your fun".

Not sure why that makes me "seem fun", but bless your heart anyway.

1 hour ago, forksandspoons said:

I personally love standing on the catwalk, though I don't every home game I attend. I love the upgraded look with the lighting, etc. but the ability to smack talk the opponents with the rowdy bunch that stood up there outweighs the new look. I think the fans up there got in the heads of opponents quite often. 

That said, I think there's probably a contract in place with the sponsor (Peterson?) that prevents a quick change from happening and UND from saying they're going to make a change. 

I think that most of us understand this but we also told UND that this wasn't working last year and they ignored us. it's the other catwalk that doesn't make any sense and can be changed by just taking down some curtains. IT'S THAT SIMPLE!!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, forksandspoons said:

I personally love standing on the catwalk, though I don't every home game I attend. I love the upgraded look with the lighting, etc. but the ability to smack talk the opponents with the rowdy bunch that stood up there outweighs the new look. I think the fans up there got in the heads of opponents quite often. 

That said, I think there's probably a contract in place with the sponsor (Peterson?) that prevents a quick change from happening and UND from saying they're going to make a change. 

Only on one end.  There is zero reason the media end can't be changed back to normal, today.  It's a terrible view for someone who is professionally reporting on the game anyway.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, N of GF said:

:ohmy: :lol:

LOL. You guys have worn me down. I'm done with this one.

For the record, I do not currently, nor have I ever in my life identified as a person named Eric, nor have I ever been an employee of Alerus, or any of its subsidiaries, or sports arenas bearing its name.

OK

37 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Because I said that the whole argument is dumb, and that I don't get the appeal of seeing an old lady take a sip of beer, but the people screeching about it sending a bad message are out of touch with reality? In other words, "Not my thing, but whatever. You have your fun".

LOL cool story but that's not what you said. You may have meant it the way you just described, but that's not what you said. Bless your heart.

39 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Are you that guy who says "god bless" to somebody to take the high road and make them feel worse after you screw them over?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kab said:

Is Peterson the same one that sponsors a lot of bison games

They were a few years ago but I don't believe they are a main sponsor anymore. Is it still called the "Peterson Farm Deck"? Someone said they saw a bunch of Buffalo Wild Wings banners the first home game?

3 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Though I wish the catwalks were opened again I am curious how many here actually watched the game from them. I spent minimal time watching the game from them - did spend more time pregame there though 

Not sure about others. Been to 2-4 games a year for last 10-15 years and have spent maybe a total of 5 minutes in the seat I had purchased.

4 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Not sure about others. Been to 2-4 games a year for last 10-15 years and have spent maybe a total of 5 minutes in the seat I had purchased.

Missed 1 home game in the last 10 years and stood on the catwalk for every one of those games!

1 hour ago, N of GF said:

32 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

LOL cool story but that's not what you said. You may have meant it the way you just described, but that's not what you said. Bless your heart.

5 hours ago, N of GF said:

Beer Grandma has to be the dumbest controversy to ever come up in these pages. Why is it so important to you to see an old lady take a drink of beer? Why is it a surprise to you that in a time when a ton of attention is paid to binge drinking and underage drinking that a bunch of teetotalers would piss and moan about Beer Grandma and the Ralph would get tired of hearing about it and just stop doing it?

I don't recall; did anyone ever ask Beer Grandma? Maybe she got tired of it and asked them to stop? 

2 hours ago, N of GF said:

As for the first paragraph, maybe you should find a strain of weed that doesn't cause so much paranoia.

The second paragraph, there absolutely were people yelling about the "imagery" and "sending the wrong message", and I agree with you that those arguments were completely out of touch with reality regarding the "Beer Grandma" thing.

Cool story. That's exactly what I said.

5 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Though I wish the catwalks were opened again I am curious how many here actually watched the game from them. I spent minimal time watching the game from them - did spend more time pregame there though 

Have had season tickets since the Alerus opened. Missed maybe 2 or 3 games since. First time I sat in my seat was the Covid Spring season.

9 hours ago, N of GF said:

I don't recall; did anyone ever ask Beer Grandma? Maybe she got tired of it and asked them to stop? 

Just to close the loop on this, I did a quick search, and yes, someone did ask her. She said she enjoyed her brief fame, but a few of her same-age friends at home in Northwood thought it "wasn't right to cheer for drinking beer." Lol. I'll give Beer Grandma a cheer, and raise a drink to that.