SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

Those seats aren’t good if you are in the second row

you can’t see over the people in front of you

at least when you stand you can move around and find a view of the filed

it’s more of a social event when you could stand there

it was nice to watch pregame warmups from there too.

there a ways to give out better seats on the field in the end zones for those few people who buy them

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Kab said:

there a ways to give out better seats on the field in the end zones for those few people who buy them

And talk !@#$ right over the top of opposing coaches and players. That was the best part.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Is there an usher policing these spots? Why don’t people just take it over if no one is sitting there? If enough people did it they probably wouldn’t be able to kick you out if there?

just call it a season ticket holder protest, they can afford to lose season ticket holders 

Last year when they first did it was the Crookston baseball team doing security on those spots. 

19 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Erik use to be one of us 

he sure has drank the kool aid

The arrogance of telling people that if you don't like it, buy a ticket to sit there is astounding.

If they think scolding us like ill-behaved school children is going to get people to pony up the cash, they are in for a nasty surprise.

They can keep pushing this, but I think the people have spoken with their wallets.

24 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

I hope they reverse course, but if they did something like this (see below) there probably wouldn't have been as much push back - I think what drives people nuts about the Peterson Porch is that the space is just being wasted.  period.

There's no way there would be room in the south end zone for that, its already a huge bottleneck. But you might be able to do something in the north endzone, its typically a little less crowded down there and it might even be wider. Its not over the opposing team but something is better than nothing.

I doubt they are going to make a change right in the middle of the season, but if the idea doesn't work, I hope they don't double down. They've tried multiple different things, I feel like they will keep working to find a good solution.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kab said:

I’ve always thought field level end zone seating needs to be developed. That would allow catwalks to be open. There are plenty of people who don’t care much about the view, albeit would have a great view when the line of scrimmage is at their respective end, but would love to have a bar set up in the end zone for social gatherings. That would also improve the horrible end zone aesthetics the Alerus currently has. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The arrogance of telling people that if you don't like it, buy a ticket to sit there is astounding.

If they think scolding us like ill-behaved school children is going to get people to pony up the cash, they are in for a nasty surprise.

They can keep pushing this, but I think the people have spoken with their wallets.

Erik comes from Roseau, he could just as well have “hockey” tattooed on his forehead. 

underwhelming job performance to say the least, but he’s got an opportunity in front of him to do something and improve 

• Like 3

UND tried to scrounge up some extra ticket revenue by investing in new seating in an area some people like to stand in for free. Yeah, its disappointing for people who enjoyed standing there, but can you understand that for the good of the program they are trying to monetize something that some people consider to be a superior game experience, and it is in short supply. You wouldn't be standing there if you didn't agree. Maybe they didn't come up with the best plan this time, but at least they recognize what they have and they are trying something new.

As I understand it, it's been a thing for one season plus one game, right? And this season it has been improved over last season? Can any of you that are upset about this see that changing this after one home game of the season isn't a great plan? Maybe after a few games the word will get out, and people will start buying the tickets. Maybe it won't catch on, and things will go back to normal.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, N of GF said:

UND tried to scrounge up some extra ticket revenue by investing in new seating in an area some people like to stand in for free. Yeah, its disappointing for people who enjoyed standing there, but can you understand that for the good of the program they are trying to monetize something that some people consider to be a superior game experience, and it is in short supply. You wouldn't be standing there if you didn't agree. Maybe they didn't come up with the best plan this time, but at least they recognize what they have and they are trying something new.

As I understand it, it's been a thing for one season plus one game, right? And this season it has been improved over last season? Can any of you that are upset about this see that changing this after one home game of the season isn't a great plan? Maybe after a few games the word will get out, and people will start buying the tickets. Maybe it won't catch on, and things will go back to normal.

Stop being rational and level-headed. ;) 

13 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Free? Pretty sure people in the building bought a ticket. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

If there are chairs in the catwalk, it won't catch on.  People gathered there to stand and move freely.

If I enjoyed standing there, instead of buying a regular ticket and hoping my favorite spot was open I would prefer to buy a ticket for that specific spot.

Are these spots set up so that the ticket holder can't stand?

3 minutes ago, N of GF said:

If I enjoyed standing there, instead of buying a regular ticket and hoping my favorite spot was open I would prefer to buy a ticket for that specific spot.

Are these spots set up so that the ticket holder can't stand?

The row of chairs behind you won't appreciate that.  And you didn't address the free movement.

6 minutes ago, UNDBIZ said:

The row of chairs behind you won't appreciate that.  And you didn't address the free movement.

So, without the snark; Yes, there are multiple rows of chairs.

Thank you, I missed that detail. Seems like a bar rail with a set number of ticketed seats would be the ideal solution. Maybe next year.

I suppose people could politely make suggestions to decision makers at UND and the Alerus.