SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I should bring some discharged NiCd batteries to recharge with all the negativity flowing around here ...  :glare:

If you think this whole idea is "sol-id", just come out and say it. The worst part isn't the idea though, its the arrogance of the people in charge (if you don't like it, pay the money and sit there). Last time I checked, consumers purchase what they want; they don't do what the merchants tell them to do. This arrogant attitude won't help them fill those seats.

2 hours ago, N of GF said:

UND tried to scrounge up some extra ticket revenue by investing in new seating in an area some people like to stand in for free. Yeah, its disappointing for people who enjoyed standing there, but can you understand that for the good of the program they are trying to monetize something that some people consider to be a superior game experience, and it is in short supply.

Yes, I can and will blame them for doing this. This is something you do when you are selling out the arena for every home game. But we are not there yet, for any number of reasons, so the idea is idiotic. It is clear that it isn't working. And as long as people can walk up to the box office on game day and buy a ticket, it will continue to not work. And no amount of scolding and preaching from the suits (pay up and shut up) will change that. This is one example of how out-of-touch these people are and it does no favors for our programs.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I never stood there and watched games (I prefer sitting my butt down for the game), but I think the people that did have a legitimate gripe about this. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, N of GF said:

UND tried to scrounge up some extra ticket revenue by investing in new seating in an area some people like to stand in for free. Yeah, its disappointing for people who enjoyed standing there, but can you understand that for the good of the program they are trying to monetize something that some people consider to be a superior game experience, and it is in short supply. You wouldn't be standing there if you didn't agree. Maybe they didn't come up with the best plan this time, but at least they recognize what they have and they are trying something new.

As I understand it, it's been a thing for one season plus one game, right? And this season it has been improved over last season? Can any of you that are upset about this see that changing this after one home game of the season isn't a great plan? Maybe after a few games the word will get out, and people will start buying the tickets. Maybe it won't catch on, and things will go back to normal.

Ok Eric whatever you say!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SkoHawks said:

Whether you agree with the new catwalk seating or not, when the heck was it ever announced or advertised that you could buy a seat as single game for $50? Only thing I ever saw was $800 per seat must purchase 2 or 4 for the season.

Another example of UND not updating web sites and announcing changes. It really is beneath this institution of ours.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

EM was willing to talk about it on radio.
EM admitted that things need to evolve. 

EM talked about it one way on the radio and brought up points that were quickly dismissed. The “media overflow” and “doesn't add to the atmosphere” we’re just flat out wrong. It’s great that there’s open talk about it and I genuinely hope, and believe, EM and the Alerus center are looking into ways to both improve the fan experience and gain some revenue. Both can be accomplished without being too greedy on one end. IMO if they really cared about selling those seats why was there never ANY advertising about it?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gfhockey said:

And he’s supposed to be head of facilities or something ???

he has no clue unless it’s the ralph

look at the Betty “club lounge” free open seating they better not change that. 

What does the director of facilities do anyways? They sure are not helping sell tickets and filling these facilities!

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Ok Eric whatever you say!

Wow, what a witty reply. 

You people let gfhockey lead you around in circles getting pissed off about this stuff...

Yes, yes, Biz. The Alerus was pissed off that people were having fun at football games, so they decided to put an end to it.

Holy !@#$.

It would have been done right if it was hockey…..

Most likely, or at least corrected sooner as just a significantly higher amount of people pay attention and catch things associated with the a higher profile program.

Damn those people and their...... (Insert..... the daily excuses, jealousy, whining, and blaming the shortcomings of one program on the success of a different program ...here)

Pretty sure some of those people bought season tickets! But hey screw those FREE loaders

And I already acknowledged that I could have chosen my words better more than two hours ago, but you go ahead and keep pilling on with these rapier-like witty replies.

14 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Most likely, or at least corrected sooner as just a significantly higher amount of people pay attention and catch things associated with the a higher profile program.

Damn those people and their...... (Insert..... the daily excuses, jealousy, whining, and blaming the shortcomings of one program on the success of a different program ...here)

Again, if UND could have a collective athletic department that was unified in wanting to reach national prominence, and not more preoccupied with internal conflict (hockey vs other sports, nickname controversy, etc.) than competitive success, then I think UND athletics as a whole could be “high profile”. 

Unfortunately, and it is very unfortunate, all those with “little man syndrome” have a hard time with that vision. 

It’s obvious this is not just a UND issue, but also a greater Grand Forks cultural issue. 

• Upvote 4

50 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Wow, what a witty reply. 

You people let gfhockey lead you around in circles getting pissed off about this stuff...

Yes, yes, Biz. The Alerus was pissed off that people were having fun at football games, so they decided to put an end to it.

Holy !@#$.

@gfhockey isn't always wrong. On this issue, he makes sense.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, N of GF said:

Wow, what a witty reply. 

Holy !@#$.

Umm wtf

i didn’t start this argument…. Kelly and the boys did

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The worst part isn't the idea though, its the arrogance of the people in charge (if you don't like it, pay the money and sit there). Last time I checked, consumers purchase what they want; they don't do what the merchants tell them to do. This arrogant attitude won't help them fill those seats.

Yes, I can and will blame them for doing this. This is something you do when you are selling out the arena for every home game. But we are not there yet, for any number of reasons, so the idea is idiotic. It is clear that it isn't working. And as long as people can walk up to the box office on game day and buy a ticket, it will continue to not work. And no amount of scolding and preaching from the suits (pay up and shut up) will change that. This is one example of how out-of-touch these people are and it does no favors for our programs.

Are you dizzy from talking yourself in a circle? 

No one is being forced to sit there. If they want to, they literally can pay to do it. Which is what you're advocating for right? Consumers speaking with their wallet? If no one buys the product as is, they will make changes! 

I'm not sure where this "arrogance" BS comes from either. The lengths people go to be offended is really something. The Athletic Department literally went on the radio to discuss it. If you want further clarification, their contact info is literally posted for all to see. 

And for the record, I've already stated they need to make some adjustments. There was a demand, they looked at ways to give those that really wanted it a chance to have it. Not sure that being mad any revenue generation is a great idea.

I used to be one of the people on the catwalk. However change it likely isn't happening midseason when some of the product people are demanding for free (or use with purchase of a different ticket) is already sold. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

Are you dizzy from talking yourself in a circle? 

No one is being forced to sit there. If they want to, they literally can pay to do it. Which is what you're advocating for right? Consumers speaking with their wallet? If no one buys the product as is, they will make changes! 

I'm not sure where this "arrogance" BS comes from either. The lengths people go to be offended is really something. The Athletic Department literally went on the radio to discuss it. If you want further clarification, their contact info is literally posted for all to see. 

And for the record, I've already stated they need to make some adjustments. There was a demand, they looked at ways to give those that really wanted it a chance to have it. Not sure that being mad any revenue generation is a great idea.

I used to be one of the people on the catwalk. However change it likely isn't happening midseason when some of the product people are demanding for free (or use with purchase of a different ticket) is already sold. 

I wondered how long it would take you to call me out for expressing an opinion you don't like. It's one of your favorite hobbies. :silly: Anyway, back to the topic at hand.........

He basically said if you don't like it, pay the money so you can sit there. I know how to read between the lines and I know what a crock of horse$%!@ is when I see it, hear it and smell it. He also said it isn't changing, so they are obviously not responding to the empty seats. Btw, this is Year 2 of this failed experiment. You know what the definition of insanity is, right?

If the real reason is safety of the spectators, then just come out and say it. Don't talk to people like they are stupid. As I said, this is something you try after you sell out your home games. Not before.

• Like 1