SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

Pretty sure UND had a football coaches show with midco that was scrapped in favor of a nightly sportscenter-like show which also ended up getting cancelled, correct?

First sentence of the last paragraph mentions the football show here: https://blogs.und.edu/uletter/2016/08/athletics-midco-sports-network-sign-five-year-broadcast-agreement/

Edit: The new midco show was Midco Sports Tonight. 

Years ago I could hardly wait for the coaches show with Lennon or Thomas.

Times has changed.  I prefer the Midco and Alex now Brian, tom and Herald cover.  Tom is doing an excellent job of reporting.  UND360 guys.  We have better coverage now than before and much more in depth.  Teeder did an excellent job in the past.  This site is one of the sites I check in the morning and last at night. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Pretty sure UND had a football coaches show with midco that was scrapped in favor of a nightly sportscenter-like show which also ended up getting cancelled, correct?

First sentence of the last paragraph mentions the football show here: https://blogs.und.edu/uletter/2016/08/athletics-midco-sports-network-sign-five-year-broadcast-agreement/

Edit: The new midco show was Midco Sports Tonight. 

There's this new thing called the internet - the previous poster has the link.  Check it out!

I just want it to be interesting to keep the fans coming

hey GF business, start getting some football promotions going and get some football tickets to people who might not normally go to a game, how about you Hugo’s ,

Rydells, free Car wash with a football stub, happy Harry’s 2 for 1 wine with football stub, restaurants free appetizer with football stub, 

I know there aren’t any stubs anymore but keep your e-ticket 

• Like 2

On 8/6/2022 at 10:26 AM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

you could have it run from the southwest entrance all the way to the southeast entrance with 3 points of entry...catwalk, southwest staircase, and the southeast atrium area?

messages_0 (15).jpeg

Alerus could also dig up those evergreens below the Alerus Center sign and have an outdoor patio below the the upper elevated outdoor area connected with a staircase or something connecting up and down...nice place to sit outside and predrink and preeat beforethe game and watchthe midgets get thrown in the bouncy houses in the tailgate area?

• 2 weeks later...

This is from the usage agreement between UND and the Alerus Center:

5.3.4. Student section alcohol sales prohibited. At the request of UND and in
accordance with current UND policy, alcoholic beverages will not be sold or allowed to be
carried into and consumed in the student seating area of the Arena during a Home Game. Such
student seating areas are indicated in a seating chart attached as Exhibit 5.3.4. In the event UND
does not request, or UND policy changes, the Commission may allow alcoholic beverages to be
sold or allowed in the student seating area of the Arena.

It seems to me that UND could allow alcohol sales in the student section.  Does the NCAA have a rule regarding this, or is this a UND thing only?  Let the 21 year olds drink so they don't have to leave the football game in order to pre game!  That is how you keep some of the student at the game until the end.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

This is from the usage agreement between UND and the Alerus Center:

It seems to me that UND could allow alcohol sales in the student section.  Does the NCAA have a rule regarding this, or is this a UND thing only?  Let the 21 year olds drink so they don't have to leave the football game in order to pre game!  That is how you keep some of the student at the game until the end.

your advocating for people to get drunk.......................shaaaaaaaaaame!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get why there isn't vending machines throughout the concourse.

How many people wait in line for a soda and candy.

I mean they got lots of vending machines nowadays. Doesn't dipndots even have their own vending machine. Hugos Pure Market downtown: Has some cool ones too including a salad making machines.

Tuck them right in the corner that is always wide open (and empty) and make that into a cool little eating/vending nook (on both sides of course).

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

I don't get why there isn't vending machines throughout the concourse.

How many people wait in line for a soda and candy.

I mean they got lots of vending machines nowadays. Doesn't dipndots even make their own vendingachine. Pure Market Hugo's downtown. Has some cool ones too including a salad making machines.

Tuck them right in the corner that is always wide open and make that into a cool little eating nook (on both sides of course).

put tap and pay on em too.......good idea.

Remove curtains from catwalk. Allow anyone up there to watch game like the good ol’ days but also have some seats for reserved seating.  Best of both worlds … 

Need better intro, more suspense, more excitement

bigger more expensive idea; construction project that allows natural light into building 

Opening up the catwalk and more porta potties at tailgating. Not much fun waiting in line for 15 minutes to use the bathroom and it's even worse by the student tailgating. Went and talked to some Northern Iowa fans and they didn't have any for them. As for the catwalk I talked to someone who worked for UND and they admit that they did screw up doing that and they are working on trying something else out there. But don't hold your breath on it going back to the way it used to be. Main reason is they don't want to see those empty seats on TV. Also was told that in the future you will have to be a champion club member to get season tickets.

35 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Also was told that in the future you will have to be a champion club member to get season tickets.

They may want to be sure the product in the field is consistently meeting expectations before making that change.   I could see more seats opening on the west side of that happens.  You may get some people to slide over but I wouldn’t want to pull too many season tickets holders out of the sections from the 20 in, the Alerus will always have problems filling those.  

Do they want more “need a good walk up crowd” for seats to be full?   Don’t make another catwalk decision you can’t go back on.  

On 9/23/2021 at 3:39 PM, jdub27 said:

There's also a demand for it. There's not a great spot for large groups as there is at most 1 or 2 suites available.
Wish they would find a happy medium where they left at least half of the catwalk open or if they weren't reserve, they didn't put it up.
At worst, sell some spots as season ticket spots.
I get it though, they feel there was an unmet demand and did what they could to capture that. As a city-owned venue, they do have a repsonsibility to look into those things. Maybe it flops and goes back to how it was.

When do they admit the flop?

• Upvote 3