SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

6 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I really don't see the Alerus spending millions to add windows to the facility that are only going to be beneficial to the football team 5 and at the most 9 tiems a year.  Every other event does not benefit from natural light.  Especially concerts in the summer.

Adding natural light is feasible. There are daytime events beyond just football that natural light would benefit. When it comes down to it, requires vision and $$$

On 6/3/2022 at 10:48 AM, gfhockey said:

Many ad have come out and said their number one job is fundraising. Wonder how much chaves has fundraisers 

What does that have to do with hypothetical renovations at the city-owned Alerus Center? 

On 6/3/2022 at 10:53 PM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Adding natural light is feasible. There are daytime events beyond just football that natural light would benefit. When it comes down to it, requires vision and $$$

The thing that bugs me is the color of the panels outside.  Could be dust but more likely faded from the sun.  Wish they’d do something about that.  

12 hours ago, VMeister said:

The thing that bugs me is the color of the panels outside.  Could be dust but more likely faded from the sun.  Wish they’d do something about that.  

The green is just awful.  Whever made that decision needs to be fired.  Just awful.

alerus.jpg

• Upvote 1

Until we can fill the damn thing I don’t know why we are so concerned about colors or windows or tailgating

with the price of gas there better be more local fans showing up at the games because out of towners will think hard and long about going to games, especially if the team isn’t doing good 

hockey best be concerned too

lgb 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Kab said:

Until we can fill the damn thing I don’t know why we are so concerned about colors or windows or tailgating

with the price of gas there better be more local fans showing up at the games because out of towners will think hard and long about going to games, especially if the team isn’t doing good 

lgb 

Nothing wrong with discussion.

2 minutes ago, Kab said:

Would settle for better popcorn and cheaper beer to start 

when i volunteered at REA last feb at a food station........2 things i don't get.......closing right when the puck drops for the 3 period? annnd....throwing away (after offering them to the staff and volunteers) 23 hot dogs instead of selling them during the 3rd period for a buck or two each?  

i can maybe see closing the grill (the wontons and egg rolls ) but leaving drinks and candy open til the game actually ends?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Kab said:

lgb 

Need these changes to assist in getting the Alerus full. Product on the field is only part of the equation, despite what some think. You have to put effort into developing the production and venue, also. 

• Like 2

So many parts of our society are not “full” any more. Creating the ambiance and getting people there…. Who knows what will bring people in. Sometimes the catalyst is something we never thought of…. 

I will drive for some games no matter what the price of gas is. I hope it changes.

Are they still having the cat walk seats?

I wonder how they turned out financially

to me it was way better when you could roam the catwalks and watch from there 

we would talk to the visiting fans on the south end

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

imagine what that huge wall would look like if it wasn't partially windows?

please....just a little natural light at the Alerus...don't think it would be that hard to retrofit.....

FZQMPyOVEAEwdEF.jpeg

The first year they put in those windows was the second time we played them under Muss I believe.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2022 at 9:22 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

imagine what that huge wall would look like if it wasn't partially windows?

please....just a little natural light at the Alerus...don't think it would be that hard to retrofit.....

FZQMPyOVEAEwdEF.jpeg

Overall, your point is taken. If there was natural light in the Alerus Center (more the better), it would only enhance game day by leaps and bounds.