SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

14 minutes ago, Hardcore Hawk said:

$50 a piece, available on ticketmaster

I saw those as well.  Is the other end entirely "press"?  Also, the sides of each bridge deck aren't on there either - this would be between the big pillars where there are two rows of chairs.

5 minutes ago, LeaveNoDoubt said:

Miller easily denounced a couple things Erik had said about the catwalk. These $50 tickets spot have to be new because this is the first I’ve ever seen or heard about it. So if I want those spots I have to buy those tickets on top of the season tickets I already pay for!?

You wouldn’t buy season tickets I assume if your buying these 

12 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Is there an usher policing these spots? Why don’t people just take it over if no one is sitting there? If enough people did it they probably wouldn’t be able to kick you out if there?

just call it a season ticket holder protest, they can afford to lose season ticket holders 

Probably not the best way to effect change.

Und gets stuck in its ways

how many years did the students have the best seats in the house and not use them

i would bet student attendance in a week will be down from first game 

they have more guards around the catwalk curtains , god forbid someone gets in there 

take the curtains down for unsold seats each weekend and remove those seats

1 minute ago, Kab said:

Und gets stuck in its ways

how many years did the students have the best seats in the house and not use them

i would bet student attendance in a week will be down from first game 

they have more guards around the catwalk curtains , god forbid someone gets in there 

take the curtains down for unsold seats each weekend and remove those seats

I could see having assigned seating up at the catwalk if UND was selling out games, but they aren’t, so it should be open. 

The other option is if you have bars up on the catwalk, then maybe you market it like the clubs in the Ralph, but right now the Alerus Catwalks are no where near that. 

As for students, they are where they belong.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tom made a great point about kids.  Kid's want to move around and the catwalk allows kids to move around a bit while parents can still watch the game. My top reasons for why UND should reverse their position:

-Kids, as mentioned
-Only place for friends to meet up since there isn't a general admission section
-Only place 21 year old students can watch the game while LEGALLY drinking a beer
-Flawed Logic.  Eric Martinson seems to base his argument on a sold out building, which has only ever happened with NDSU.  Peterson Porch diminishes the fan experience for everyone in the building with normal seats and Peterson Porch revenue is likely more than offset by disgruntled fans who decide to stay at home.  
-Terrible execution
-Black curtains are unnecessary
-There is room to create space for overflow press above the suits image.png.2b28fd82cada525d1c3a7c13b1f7fbb7.png

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Is there an usher policing these spots? Why don’t people just take it over if no one is sitting there? If enough people did it they probably wouldn’t be able to kick you out if there?

just call it a season ticket holder protest, they can afford to lose season ticket holders 

#OccupyCatwalks  Time to start a movement!! :D

• Upvote 3