SiouxSports.com Forum

What's Needed At The Alerus?

geaux_sioux

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

As I've pondered, just mask off the first six or eight feet from the rail and make it SRO stubs.

Or paint that six or eight foot section of floor green and make it the "Hawk Squawk Box" or "The Perch" or something equally annoyingly cutesy. 

There you go marketing again.  How much is your commission ?   :lol:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

As I've pondered, just mask off the first six or eight feet from the rail and make it SRO stubs.

Or paint that six or eight foot section of floor green and make it the "Hawk Squawk Box" or "The Perch" or something equally annoyingly cutesy. 

iirc in the first few years of the alerus they shooed people away from even standing on the catwalk....they obviously gave up not long after that...until now!

48 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

"The Eyrie"

https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/eyrie

"You've probably seen a bird's nest or two, but you may not have seen an eyrie. That's because eyries are very high up. Some eyries are in enormous trees, while others are on the sides of cliffs and mountains. This keeps the bird's nest very safe from other animals, but the birds who make eyries are dangerous: hunting birds such as eagles, falcons, and hawks. After killing and eating its prey, an eagle will return to its eyrie."

1.  the lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle)

2.  any habitation at a high altitude

• Like 2

On 9/12/2022 at 11:39 AM, The Sicatoka said:

Your seating chart is an oldie. 
I'm in section 214 as a champions club member, remember the students slid 2 sections to the north.

On 9/12/2022 at 11:28 AM, GoHawks said:

Opening up the catwalk and more porta potties at tailgating. Not much fun waiting in line for 15 minutes to use the bathroom and it's even worse by the student tailgating. Went and talked to some Northern Iowa fans and they didn't have any for them. As for the catwalk I talked to someone who worked for UND and they admit that they did screw up doing that and they are working on trying something else out there. But don't hold your breath on it going back to the way it used to be. Main reason is they don't want to see those empty seats on TV. Also was told that in the future you will have to be a champion club member to get season tickets.

I don't think visiting teams tailgaters can expect UND to provide them with their own porta potty. Heck last year at Utah State we were a mile from the home team tailgaters, had no garbage cans and were told to find an open campus building nearby for a bathroom (they were all locked). 

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

How do you buy those stubs (under the current bad config) anyway?

Exactly this.....I'm a season ticket holder, but I'd be interested in at least knowing the full details. Below is from a January email, but it was called the peterson porch then. At the game Saturday I only noticed BWW signs by the seats and the fact basically no one was sitting there.  $1600 minimum for 2 seats? Absolute huge overreach.  like WTF.  $800 on the catwalk or $110 regular season tickets? I get what they are trying to do, increase revenue, but still, to try and get over 7X in the very first year is ridiculous, especially when we aren't even close to selling out. And season ticket only??? how about if you don't fill them, which they obviously didn't, to offer them for a single game.  I'd bet they could get in the $75-100 range per seat for the right game.

"The Peterson Porch seating provides:

• A unique view of the field
  • Counter height stool with a back
  • Drink rail for your food and beverage

There are only 40 seats available for the 2022 season and they are $800 apiece for the season. Fan are eligible to purchase sets of 2 or 4 seats and all sales will be determined by the North Dakota Champions Club Priority Point System. All seats are sold as season tickets only."

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Talking about catwalk on radio this morning. Martinsin

blaming it on covid

tight press at alerus

its not going away

feels there’s demand there for ut

doesnt think it adds much to atsmophere

ssid evolve 32 times 

joke....if his pay was based on ticket sales he would be holding people's hands telling him how great the view is

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Talking about catwalk on radio this morning. Martinsin

blaming it on covid - Excuse. I mean seriously?

tight press at alerus- Nope

its not going away- Just admit you made a mistake and go back to the way it used to be. Not that hard

feels there’s demand there for ut- Nope! We the fans have spoken!

doesnt think it adds much to atsmophere- Players and fans think it does so wrong again. CJ Ceigal said it himself!

ssid evolve 32 times 

• Like 3