SiouxSports.com Forum

#Roccowatch2014

Frozen4sioux

This whole thread is a little ridiculous. Let him make the decision without these desperate posts. He is close to NHL ready and this season has developed into a solid centermen. Next year would be a solid year of development as well at the college level, but if he turns pro, I sure don't blame him considering Florida holds his draft rights.

This whole thread is a little ridiculous. Let him make the decision without these desperate posts. He is close to NHL ready and this season has developed into a solid centermen. Next year would be a solid year of development as well at the college level, but if he turns pro, I sure don't blame him considering Florida holds his draft rights.

I very much disagree with this at his size to be NHL ready you pretty much have to dominate college hockey and he hasn't come close to that. If he wants the money and to go play in the AHL the next few years than he can do that but if he thinks he is gonna be playing in the NHL within the next year he needs to reevaluate. I had pretty high expectations for him coming in and so far he hasn't come close to the type of player I thought he would be.

I think it is true his uncanny ability to dish the puck was wasted somewhat. Put him on a line with high end scorers and his points go way up. Plus, I think he will start hitting the net more himself. His skills are suited for a very fast moving game.

I can't say I've been disappointed in Rocco. His work ethic is great, and he seems to be a good locker room presence.

I very much disagree with this at his size to be NHL ready you pretty much have to dominate college hockey and he hasn't come close to that. If he wants the money and to go play in the AHL the next few years than he can do that but if he thinks he is gonna be playing in the NHL within the next year he needs to reevaluate. I had pretty high expectations for him coming in and so far he hasn't come close to the type of player I thought he would be.

A tad harsh, he was the best offensive talent out our team. You have to remember he played with a freshman and bottom 6 player. Those that think he wouldn't have out up better totals with parks and Mac are not right in my opinion. Hak had to split them up as we would get torched with our lack of depth.

However i do think another year or two would benefit him greatly.

Rocco, do you want the semifinal game versus Minnesota to be the way you leave this program? Listen to players that have left early. Zach Parise said he regrets leaving when he did and not winning a National Championship. Go out on your terms. Not by the hands of the Gophers. Stay another year, hoist a trophy above your heat in Boston next year, and then start your pro career then.

I hate correcting people but I believe the proper term is Goofers, not Gophers.

• Upvote 1

A tad harsh, he was the best offensive talent out our team. You have to remember he played with a freshman and bottom 6 player. Those that think he wouldn't have out up better totals with parks and Mac are not right in my opinion. Hak had to split them up as we would get torched with our lack of depth.

However i do think another year or two would benefit him greatly.

He was the best offensive forward on our team at times but that isn't saying much this year. I think he needs to develop more consistency to his game before he will have a chance to play in the NHL. Look at a guy like Kristo who seemed to be much more ready to make the jump and he spent the whole year in the AHL it is real hard to believe Grimaldi wouldn't spend more time than that in the AHL with where he is at right now.

He was the best offensive forward on our team at times but that isn't saying much this year. I think he needs to develop more consistency to his game before he will have a chance to play in the NHL. Look at a guy like Kristo who seemed to be much more ready to make the jump and he spent the whole year in the AHL it is real hard to believe Grimaldi wouldn't spend more time than that in the AHL with where he is at right now.

Who did kristo play with while he was here?

I'm friends with him on Facebook. I'll tell him ; )

I'm sure he'd follow my advice too ; )

Just hope his decision is to stay. If not I wish him all the best. Great player, better man.

GO SIOUX!

I agree....guy needs the c or a next year

I think your expectations need to be reevaluated. What did you expect? He's put together 2 solid season in Grand Forks. First off, not trying to knock our current players, but he wasn't on a line with Hayes and Arnold, had he been, he would have put up 15-20 more points. 39 points on a struggling offensive team isn't bad at all. Secondly, size in the NHL doesn't mean at much as it used to. If players like Gerbe, Tyler Johnson, Atkinson, can flourish, Rocco will easily find his way onto a roster. I hope he stays selfishly because I like the team we should have next year, but I think we need to let players and coaches decide the best route for themselves.

Any "advisor" that tells a young undersized guy to sign early is not typically giving out great advice. You don't get highly paid anymore unless you are in the NHL. Signing without a 10 game NHL commitment is a horrible move in my opinion. You can get tucked into your teams farm system and only ever get NHL playing time if none of the NHL teams other options fail to work out.

Better to play out your eligibility, examine free agency options and sign with the team they you honestly have a chance to play NHL hockey with.

• Upvote 2

I think your expectations need to be reevaluated. What did you expect? He's put together 2 solid season in Grand Forks. First off, not trying to knock our current players, but he wasn't on a line with Hayes and Arnold, had he been, he would have put up 15-20 more points. 39 points on a struggling offensive team isn't bad at all. Secondly, size in the NHL doesn't mean at much as it used to. If players like Gerbe, Tyler Johnson, Atkinson, can flourish, Rocco will easily find his way onto a roster. I hope he stays selfishly because I like the team we should have next year, but I think we need to let players and coaches decide the best route for themselves.

I expected him to live up to the type of recruit he was and be an exceptional type player which he hasn't but I do agree he has been a solid player. Gerbe and Atkinson were much better college players than Grimaldi has been so far and you named a few smaller guys who have made it but there are also a number who haven't. I just think he needs another year in college and hope that is what he decides.

If Pattyn doesn't wear the C that would be a travesty. I would imagine Parks would maintain an A and I think Gaarder is a prime candidate to take on the other A.

Never was sold on pattyn, i think you are correct with gaarder, I've heard he's shy though. I have always liked how Rocco conducts himself. He seems very mature. Not sure how he is in the locker room though

Rocco always seems to be compared to gerbe, although their height is very similar I've heard that gerbe (and St. Louis for that matter) can barely fit in a pair of jeans. They are tree trunks. When I saw Rocco he was just small.