SiouxSports.com Forum

#Roccowatch2014

Frozen4sioux

The fact that Rocco hasn't said anything says to me he's leaning on leaving. Three teammates all basically say on the same day they are staying, and Rocco wasn't included. Seems strange.

Similar to the year of the "Pact" when Oshie/Chorney/Duncan, etc all said that they were staying but Toews was left out. He announced his departure a short bit later.

The fact that Rocco hasn't said anything says to me he's leaning on leaving. Three teammates all basically say on the same day they are staying, and Rocco wasn't included. Seems strange.

I have been told by someone close to Rocco he's not even thinking about it and he's waiting for school to be done. Granted he could be lying but that doesn't seem like him based on how close the source is to him.

I have been told by someone close to Rocco he's not even thinking about it and he's waiting for school to be done. Granted he could be lying but that doesn't seem like him based on how close the source is to him.

I'm thinking he's going to focus on getting this semester finished then he will leave. I believe Florida's A team is done so he wouldn't be playing hockey anyway and signing would just be a distraction at school. I think he's gone.

Dont take this the wrong way, but Toewser is a bad comparison. I love Rocco, but he was 20 most of this year and scored 17 goals and had 39 points...when JT was 19 he had 24 goals and 54 points...IN THE NHL

I don't take it the wrong way, Yzer, you make a very fair point.

I don't know if I missed it but I was wondering if Mark Mac is coming back? I would hate to see him leave.

Mark has some quotes already in which he mentions next year....he gives the impression he's back. His production isn't anywhere near where it needs to be to leave, in my honest opinion. I do think he averages over a pt per game next year though.

I'm thinking he's going to focus on getting this semester finished then he will leave. I believe Florida's A team is done so he wouldn't be playing hockey anyway and signing would just be a distraction at school. I think he's gone.

Agreed. From what I can gather, it'd be a bit of a surprise if Rocco returns to UND next season.

Well i know Rocco's main thing after hockey career is done is to be a priest or man of faith and to be a priest you have to have a four year degree to get into the seminary is what I've been told so I would believe he would stay unless he has excels rates his college education

Well i know Rocco's main thing after hockey career is done is to be a priest or man of faith and to be a priest you have to have a four year degree to get into the seminary is what I've been told so I would believe he would stay unless he has excels rates his college education

That might apply only to main stream churches. Born agains I don't think so because they really have no national affiliation. They are a bunch of independents, like the wonderful man of god there in Pine City, MN or Colorado City/Hilldale.

I hope he does stay to get his degree. But it is not difficult to complete a degree during the summer months and/or via online coursework, so I'm guessing that won't be a major deciding factor?

Boy after looking at Florida's and San Antonio's rosters and stats it really is not farfetched that Rocco could fit in in San Antonio right away. Neither team has any real scorers. Wish his rights were held by a better team. They might make enough of an offer since they really could use the help. I am sure this has been mentioned already but would he be a free agent this August or in 2015?

I have a gut feeling that Rocco will be gone too. As someone has mentioned he hasn't come out and said he was staying like the couple of others have. So we may have watched our last game with Rocco in a UND jersey. He sure was fun to watch whenever he had the puck.

I don't think that Rocco is going anywhere soon. Other than back to The Ralph to work on his skill sets and game. Probably for two more years. A great kid and a fine player, but he's not going to stay in the NHL beyond a cup of coffee. He's capable of doing alot more with his life than toiling through the minor leagues. Here's saying he stays, gets a degree, lands a Championship, or two, and ultimately decides that there are many more important things to pursue in life than a pro hockey career.

• Upvote 2

I don't think that Rocco is going anywhere soon. Other than back to The Ralph to work on his skill sets and game. Probably for two more years. A great kid and a fine player, but he's not going to stay in the NHL beyond a cup of coffee. He's capable of doing alot more with his life than toiling through the minor leagues. Here's saying he stays, gets a degree, lands a Championship, or two, and ultimately decides that there are many more important things to pursue in life than a pro hockey career.

He'll have his degree after next fall. There is no chance he plays two more years.

Boy after looking at Florida's and San Antonio's rosters and stats it really is not farfetched that Rocco could fit in in San Antonio right away. Neither team has any real scorers. Wish his rights were held by a better team. They might make enough of an offer since they really could use the help. I am sure this has been mentioned already but would he be a free agent this August or in 2015?

Rocco isn't really a scorer though. He makes things happen all over the ice but is not a great finisher. He should have easily had 25 more goals the past two years.

Fair enough. Just think what him and Bjugstad could do together. Has that ever been mentioned before?

Bjugstad played basically the whole season in the NHL so him and Rocco wouldn't even be in the same league for at least a season and probably longer so they wouldn't do much together.