SiouxSports.com Forum

#Roccowatch2014

Frozen4sioux

Has an offer on the table,is pretty torn on what to do right now, gona mull it over over the summer, not much more to talk about here...

Would seem weird if he had the summer to mull it over. Whether he is leaving or staying I would think the staff would want to know before this summer so they can decide if they are gonna bring in another commit or go add another recruit or even just move forward with the way it is. I think late May would be the latest a decision could be made.

Would seem weird if he had the summer to mull it over. Whether he is leaving or staying I would think the staff would want to know before this summer so they can decide if they are gonna bring in another commit or go add another recruit or even just move forward with the way it is. I think late May would be the latest a decision could be made.

If I had to guess we would learn probably the first week after finals on campus. So the second week of May

No way does Rocco play in the NHL for more than a couple games over the next 2-3 years at present development level.

Assume he has a rookie max signing bonus offer and say $800k in show and $70k in AHL...all he'd be doing by leaving now is getting his $300k bonus and $70k AHL salary one year earlier. They won't pull his offer.

One year, time value on $220k (after taxes) is ballpark $10k...or, the equivalent of his housing and meals at UND (likely paid under scholarship).

Financial value to Rocco of signing is nothing.

Only thing he gets is to start his entry level Restricted status a year early.

No way does Rocco play in the NHL for more than a couple games over the next 2-3 years at present development level.

Assume he has a rookie max signing bonus offer and say $800k in show and $70k in AHL...all he'd be doing by leaving now is getting his $300k bonus and $70k AHL salary one year earlier. They won't pull his offer.

One year, time value on $220k (after taxes) is ballpark $10k...or, the equivalent of his housing and meals at UND (likely paid under scholarship).

Financial value to Rocco of signing is nothing.

Only thing he gets is to start his entry level Restricted status a year early.

You forgot the agents cut.

It seems that Rocco has not lived up to a lot of people's expectations of him. Why did everyone have such high expectations to start with?

When he was drafted, many analysts thought if he were just 5'10", he would've been a Top-5 pick. That and many other reasons.

Plus time value on 220k is closer to zero than 10k. Hopefully for only one more year.

We can analyze it every which way, but in the end a guy has to make his own decision based on what he thinks is right for him.

For the record, I think it would be better for me if he stayed another year.