SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

Good post. Bad luck for Panzer that year as he would have won the award 9 out of 10 times with the season he had, but Miller deserved the award. The beauty of that whole scenario is that we ended Millers season in the Frozen Four if my memory serves me well.

Wasn't their best forward serving a suspension for that game? IIRC, the conspiracy was that WCHA officials assessed the penalty because their next opponent was the Sioux. Sucks getting old and not being able to remember all the details.

Sorry boys, we will just have to agree to disagree on this topic.  There is always some excuse why one of our players shouldn't or didn't win the award.  Heck, there were even people back in 1987 who thought Hrkac somehow wasn't worthy of the Hobey Baker award.  That just boggles the mind! :crazy:  Good grief, if 116 points in 48 games isn't enough of a statement of dominance, I don't know what is.

Also, there have been a lot of examples posted on this forum of college goaltenders with very similar numbers and most of them never even sniffed the award.  And I seem to remember Tim Hennessey talking about how several WCHA coaches voted against Panzer as a sort of cheap shot at UND.  This was 14 years ago, but I remember him talking about it on a local sports talk call-in program.  So if there was a conspiracy, it was from within the league.

Anyway, I think it would be better to have an award for each position instead of one award where you have to put players playing different positions side by side and make a judgment on who is better.  But in the end, most people remember which TEAM wins the NCAA title, not individual awards.  And I think this team has the potential to do just that.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of fans quit on this team last week, but they showed again that they never quit on themselves. What a bunch.

Whether they will be able to contain BU is a question to be answered, but they have really proved their character once again.

I question where you get that a lot of UND fans quit on this team - a couple of chirps on a fan board? I was there and most realized in the big picture last weekend didn't mean a thing, those more involved realized it was an opportunity to try some combinations and get the lines straight after losing an important player. 

I question where you get that a lot of UND fans quit on this team - a couple of chirps on a fan board?

You might have a few of them on "ignore" already so perhaps you're filtering some of the noise out?

Even gfhockey went from "if hak cant get it done, next man up" to "im a hak supporter" in one weekend.

Sorry boys, we will just have to agree to disagree on this topic.  There is always some excuse why one of our players shouldn't or didn't win the award.  Heck, there were even people back in 1987 who thought Hrkac somehow wasn't worthy of the Hobey Baker award.  That just boggles the mind! :crazy:  Good grief, if 116 points in 48 games isn't enough of a statement of dominance, I don't know what is.

Also, there have been a lot of examples posted on this forum of college goaltenders with very similar numbers and most of them never even sniffed the award.  And I seem to remember Tim Hennessey talking about how several WCHA coaches voted against Panzer as a sort of cheap shot at UND.  This was 14 years ago, but I remember him talking about it on a local sports talk call-in program.  So if there was a conspiracy, it was from within the league.

Anyway, I think it would be better to have an award for each position instead of one award where you have to put players playing different positions side by side and make a judgment on who is better.  But in the end, most people remember which TEAM wins the NCAA title, not individual awards.  And I think this team has the potential to do just that.

I think your right only aa Lucia and blais out of the wcha voted for panzer.

As a fan who calls Fargo home, this may have been the best weekend ever from a fan perspective. Panzarella's goal was one of the biggest of the season. You could feel all the tension release suddenly among 5300 last night when that went in. Wow, what a memorable moment. It may not be equal to 2006's Regional in some people's eyes, but this is just another chapter in the remarkable story that is Sioux Nation; the greatest fans in the game.

Now for the final chapter in two weeks.

I hope you guys are just playing with gfhockey on this stuff? To read him taking credit for their (Sioux) wins because he started a thread, makes me throw up a little! If Marriuci started the "GDT" these last two days we would all still be celebrating Sioux victories!

A person that comes on here slamming Hak, saying "Blais is a winner and Hak is not" absolutely making zero hockey sense criticizing this team after every little hiccup! Now he wants credit for them winning?

I say go away troll!

Fighting Sioux....Hang8

• Upvote 1

I hope you guys are just playing with gfhockey on this stuff? To read him taking credit for their (Sioux) wins because he started a thread, makes me throw up a little! If Marriuci started the "GDT" these last two days we would all still be celebrating Sioux victories!

A person that comes on here slamming Hak, saying "Blais is a winner and Hak is not" absolutely making zero hockey sense criticizing this team after every little hiccup! Now he wants credit for them winning?

I say go away troll!

Fighting Sioux....Hang8

Please don't take the bait BSV . . . that being said . . . I'm more than fine with him starting the gdt come next Thursday.  #skate48

I say go away troll!

Fighting Sioux....Hang8

I don't think anyone in their right mind gives gfhockey credit, even gfhockey. That being said... As Crash Davis from Bull Durham stated... A player on a streak shouldn't $&@? with the streak. I'm all about good juju. Watched the games at my buddies this weekend and left my Sioux jersey and sweatshirt in the same spot in his house all weekend and it will remain there through next Saturday. Don't $&@? with a streak! :)

All the props goes to the boys and staff this weekend.

You might have a few of them on "ignore" already so perhaps you're filtering some of the noise out?

Even gfhockey went from "if hak cant get it done, next man up" to "im a hak supporter" in one weekend.

He does that every weekend......;)

I didn't love their chances this weekend, because usually when you need to flip the switch back to on, it's just not that easy.  I understand Yale from two years ago, but there are plenty of examples the other way too.  Very glad they were one of the teams able to do it.  If the rumors of widespread sickness are true, this is truly a weekend for the ages.