SiouxSports.com Forum

University of North Dakota Hockey 2014-15 season

Frozen4sioux

Und is ten and 0 when instart GDT this year

And I onlybatart threads for big games

Ur not even a true sioux fan bsv

Funny...if UNO makes it and plays the Sioux are you starting the GDT?

Remember this tidbit?

"I don't start a game day thread against the legend Blaiser" Supposedly a true fan says this?

I'm "not a true fan" and you are?

LMAO, what a troll...

Me and blaiser are friends

I wouldn't do anything to hurt his chances

Thus not starting the GDT

U worried if I don't start it we lose to Blais or what?

You have nothing to do with the Sioux winning, so do what you want.

If I remember correctly the Sioux have more than 10 wins?

Does Blais know you are his friend...lmao.

Watching the games this past weekend, I like what Murphy is doing. Right now he's not scoring but he's doing all the small things he needs to be doing and has eliminated some of the bonehead play from early in the year. I think next year Murphy could see a breakthrough like O'Donnell had this year. Maybe not to the same level, but I still think he'll be productive. 

• Upvote 1

I agree, I would like to see Murphy stay in the lineup vs. BU. Hak has some tough decisions to make after the way Panz played last night. He made smart simple plays everytime he got the puck, with the confidence of a regular starter. I like Thompson back there, but you could make a case for inserting a true shut down D-man when playing an offensive team like BU

One thing I noticed Saturday is JS played a completely different game w Panz as his D partner. JS was much more aggressive offensively with the puck. Knowing Panz is a defense first D-man probably let him play more aggressively coming out of the D zone. Nothing against Thompson but this team needs JS to play like a first round pick to win the next 2 games...and Panz might allow him to do that more than KT.

Wade Murphy's effort was noticeable all weekend I thought. All over the puck.

I think he knew/knows he was/is playing for a spot ... on next year's roster. 

When he gets the first one to go the flood gates will open (and I was sure O'D had set him up for it in Fargo). 

Wade Murphy's effort was noticeable all weekend I thought. All over the puck.

I thought this also. He didn't take any second of any shift off and seemed to be an absolute pest while on the forecheck.

Someone else who has been ragged on countlessly all season, who I believed was a key factor in getting out of the region was Luke Johnson. The kid played phenomenal this weekend. No bonehead penalties and seemed to absolutely thrive off the crowd.

One thing I noticed Saturday is JS played a completely different game w Panz as his D partner. JS was much more aggressive offensively with the puck. Knowing Panz is a defense first D-man probably let him play more aggressively coming out of the D zone. Nothing against Thompson but this team needs JS to play like a first round pick to win the next 2 games...and Panz might allow him to do that more than KT.

And it made me pretty nervous.  yes Panz scored a goal but he also fumbled the puck in the slot about three different times.  We need Thompson back bad.

I thought this also. He didn't take any second of any shift off and seemed to be an absolute pest while on the forecheck.

Someone else who has been ragged on countlessly all season, who I believed was a key factor in getting out of the region was Luke Johnson. The kid played phenomenal this weekend. No bonehead penalties and seemed to absolutely thrive off the crowd.

Yeah LJ played great, those hits in the 2nd period against QU set the tone of the game. He destroyed both of those guys. One of the hits almost reminded me of the hit Oshie put on Rick Nash a while back. Defensive guy comes in looking to lay a big hit and ends up flat on his back.

And it made me pretty nervous.  yes Panz scored a goal but he also fumbled the puck in the slot about three different times.  We need Thompson back bad.

I honestly was surprised how poised Panzarella looked with the puck. I don't remember him fumbling the puck much, at least not in the defensive zone. Thought he made a few really nice breakout passes through neutral ice.

And Panz has one more goal then Murphy this season.................carry on.

Yeah LJ played great, those hits in the 2nd period against QU set the tone of the game. He destroyed both of those guys. One of the hits almost reminded me of the hit Oshie put on Rick Nash a while back. Defensive guy comes in looking to lay a big hit and ends up flat on his back.

I honestly was surprised how poised Panzarella looked with the puck. I don't remember him fumbling the puck much, at least not in the defensive zone. Thought he made a few really nice breakout passes through neutral ice.

What?!?!  Haha, ok I get it now.

I like the fact Panz can play when called upon but that guy was feeling the nervs I bet.  His hands were definitely shaky in the D zone.

On a side note, Murph played pretty well but that line was not overly noticeable.  I thought the St clair line was pesty the entire weekend.  Boys should be pumped for the F4.

What?!?!  Haha, ok I get it now.

I like the fact Panz can play when called upon but that guy was feeling the nervs I bet.  His hands were definitely shaky in the D zone.

On a side note, Murph played pretty well but that line was not overly noticeable.  I thought the St clair line was pesty the entire weekend.  Boys should be pumped for the F4.

I honestly didn't see him fumble the puck in the defensive zone at all and I was looking for it. Now on the offensive side maybe he was but I was on the opposite end of the rink of their offense for 2 periods so could have missed it.

Plus he scored probably the biggest goal of the season for us, so I'm happy with how he played :)

I honestly didn't see him fumble the puck in the defensive zone at all and I was looking for it. Now on the offensive side maybe he was but I was on the opposite end of the rink of their offense for 2 periods so could have missed it.

Plus he scored probably the biggest goal of the season for us, so I'm happy with how he played :)

the fumble i saw was in the neutral zone

Agreed, I probably shouldn't have even brought it up because it was such a big win for the boys however he did fumble it a few times.  I believe he ended up staying with the puck but still looked shaky doing it.  Re-watch the game, he did.  My bro and I were right there and were gasping a few times he held the puck, once he attempted to sauce it to JS and almost gave SCSU the puck on the door step. But, no one should be making a big deal out of it because he hadn't played in such a long time and scored a big one for us.  My initial response was soley due to the fact I wanted to see Thompson back out there.